A letter to the devs - I'm not quitting so let's talk direction :)

I like you. I just thought it was an interesting discussion. I can debate, discuss, or even argue with someone whether i like them or not. If i didnt like you, i wouldnt talk to you at all. And there are players in this game that can vouche for that

2 Likes

In the same way you may say that Tiburtus or Grimm make Gormek almost obsolete, because both have better stats than the latter one. But in fact they are of different color and have their own use. So does Wildbur. You can’t always use a red hero even if he has a very useful special. I’d say that the only “victim” of Wilbur is Gormek. :slight_smile:

On 11* titans where it’s hard to keep 4* alive, wilbur has a concrete spot in titan lineups.

Also you can still stack other 4* of those colors without swapping out wilbur and save yourself on health potions, turtle banners, and not have to worry about death as much. Don’t forget he keeps almight Wu alive as well. He’s a titan staple for me and i have no reason to use the others.

But like I’ve said before, that’s just me. At first i thought just gormek as well, but the more i use him, the less i even think about the others.

3 Likes

I use Wu and Kiril regularly, but all the other tc20 heroes are filler that are losing what time they had to event/Atlantis heroes.

It would be fun if the devs could add a buff to one tc20 hero monthly. This would liven up competition imo.

5 Likes

Mhmm i still use the old ones. Rigard, sabina, Sonya, caedmon, boldtusk, wu, chao, kiril, melendor, boril, all still have their uses for me. Their limited use will be fixed eventually i believe tho

2 Likes

I use several of those low level farming. Seem to forget that as there is no thinking involved lol.

Lol i still use them in wars and some raids depending on opponents. Not often since i normally use 5* but that doesnt have anything to do with atlantis, that’s a simple 5* vs 4* deal. Proteus, wilbur, triton are really the only 3 difference makers in atlantis 4* from what i can tell but neither proteus or triton replace old 4* uses.

Gadeirus may be worth mentioning on that list, some people are liking him(i haven’t tried him) but again he doesnt replace uses of old 4* either. He’s a 4* green attack buffer, people have been requesting that for awhile now.

Not tryin to argue or debate, just stating my opinion

1 Like

Back at you :slight_smile:

20gjbi

1 Like

To add in here - it’s not so much that the old heroes have no use whatsoever - they still do, particularly when you go on the attack and start stacking colors. My point is that if you start rolling out a ton of heroes at a rapid rate, you’ll burn the game out. For one, you cannot get ascension tools fast enough to keep up. Second, you won’t want to use the ascension tools on a hero when you’re not sure what’s coming down the pipe. Case and point - thought about ascending Evelyn, but maybe Tarlak, or maybe Mother North, or maybe Atomos. With the rate at which these guys have started circulating, what is coming next? Or Zim, Santa Claus, Kageburado? More heroes are good, but slow the roll out and add in other features.

On another note, Wilbur and Proteus together in a 3-2 split can be nasty with the other 3 heroes being max 5*.

3 Likes

The road to which the game goes is to make money without stopping, without worrying about anything other than the opinion of the whales and putting constant candy at their expense. It is not only nerfeos that interest above, like the one not done to Geneva or the fact to Aegir, is to see the monsters that plan in the near future, absolutely out of balance, like Onatel or Kunchen, especially the first one. Not to mention the plan of hero classes, which transforms the game into another.

1 Like

It was a very thoughtful and , in my opinion, a bullseye post, @Ambassador. Personally I am sitting on a good number of ascension mats and heroes at 3/70 exactly for the reasons you state. Also reducing summons because, what is the point? Depending on how the game proceeds it might become more disheartening. I am not sure I have in me to collect more rare stuff, like tokens for the probable new classes that will come around. Just too much, too much grind for too little and way too many new alternatives all the time

3 Likes

I’m mostly just stirring the pot, I have no doubt that these cards are better, but I think the S1 obsolete comment is thrown around too often and frankly not true.

3 :star:: Namhage is Nashgar 2.0 and Melia have a special better than a 5* (Gregorion)

4 :star:: Wilbur outclasses Grimm, Tiburtus and Gormek while also covering a “survival” role
Proteus outclasses Chao & Li Xiu on mana control
Triton is the best 4* Sniper

Aside from those the other Atlantis 4* are on pair with the most of the core epic heroes and their main reason is to let you have an increased pool from draw heroes.

2 Likes

This is just a phase for right now. I think once atlantis is done, christmas is done, and the green reflect event is finally released you’ll see new hero releases slow back down to mainly just Hotm. Took a over a year for the game to get to this point. A lot of players spent that better percentage of that time wanting new and improved heros and a better world map. so this massive release sort of makes sense in my opinion.

Especially since many players were getting bored using the same heros over and over that they had maxed and had no other heros to even hope in getting that would add any depth to their roster outside of hotm and the events that take months to come back around.

Season 2 and all these new heros coming out are more geared towards the players who feel they already reached the end of the game. It gave the game some more depth and recaptured their interest. At least that was the intent i believe.(also $$$$$$$ was another intention lol cant pay back investors unless you shift more towards pay 2 play)

4 Likes

Well said! Hope they at least consider you…

1 Like

Awesome post Ambassador, very well articulated, I am one who has spent thousands in this came and I posted in “lets talk why I’m quitting” out of sheer frustration, thanks to a community member I took on some budgeting advice but I love this game and would of really liked to express views aligned to what you have said and by the way the game is going I think SG will read your post positively…LOL please don’t nerf Quen she my best hero :). To note I have 58 five star heros, not counting the ones I have used as feeders, it will take me a life time to ascend them, if I ever do :slight_smile:

I love this post.

The only point I would like to interject is that, from a personal perspective, the “Flood” of heroes has actually made it easier for me to completely stop spending.
It’s too much to keep up with who-has-what ability, etc, especially if I am unlikely to get them and less likely to spend for them.
If I get it on a draw, I’ll read it and incorporate it into my team if I like it. Otherwise, it’s dinner.

It may further your overall point that SG is counter-intuitively hurting themselves by providing more heroes. if so, take my point as it was intended, as a personal example that elaborates on your post.

I would love for there to be additional gameplay options or game modes. I know the ‘friendly battle’ has been suggested a lot. I would also like to see an elaboration of a “Challenge Arena” ladder battle, like PVP event… where you CAN bring items, up to the normal limitations for other things.

But let’s see what SG does. In the meantime, I’ll stave off boredom irritating people in the forums :smiley:

4 Likes

DJ - I have to agree with you. I personally am not making pulls right now and not ascending new heroes for that very reason. I can do another blue, green, red, and yellow 5* to 4/80, but I’m waiting until I have a better idea of what is out there. And I personally am not pulling on the guardians. Already have a panther. No point for such low odds. Not worth even trying.

Thanks for your input as well as I think it’s a great point.

I personally run a defense of Alby, Grave, Guinne, Victor, Grave. 3 very fast. and 2 tanks with mana decrease, defense against dark, increase moderate mana and chance to revive. Unless a hero is going to jump in on that defense team, I’m not sure that I see the point in spending and so I have stopped. Cheers mate. :slight_smile:

Well to be fair people have been wanting more heros since i started. New hotm wasnt enough, new standard heros weren’t enough, event heros weren’t enough, obviously the bunnies didnt win a popularity contest, so now players have more heros and now the complaint has switched from not enough to too many lol. Funny how you can watch the shift of complaints amongst older threads.

Players demand and complain, then when they get what they want, they demand and complain that’s it’s not enough or it’s more than enough

I would like to see more gameplay variations, but i dont feel like there are too many heros. Might just be me, idk.

3 Likes

Rigs - I admittedly wasn’t on the forums at that point so I don’t really know about that but I wouldn’t say that there are too many heroes. I’m saying that they are rolling them out too quickly. Granted, it may be that there are people on both sides of the aisle and that there are people who are not happy because they don’t have enough heroes to spend money on. Perhaps it’s also that they are all limited time runs. That’s another thing as well - people who spend $1500 for a panther (thank god not me) because you only have a few days.

1 Like