A hero (Colen) revived with a buff on

Hello guys,

this happened to me in a raid today - was fighting an enemy with Colen in the center and Boril on the side. Boril cast Riposte, Colen was near death since I was working on taking him out, so I used Caedmon to finish him off. Colen died, Boril’s Riposte was dispelled, but Colen was revived by his special and he still had Riposte.
Is this a bug? Or is fighter’s revive talent that good and resurrects you with all buffs on? Or just Riposte on?
Didnt occur to me to take a screen shot :frowning:

I think this is because Colen died before the Riposte could be dispelled — so he resurrected with it intact, since status effects survive Fighter Revive.

Whether that’s entirely intentional in the design is a good question, since it’s a bit odd that a buff would be protected from dispelling because of death.

5 Likes

It also revives with a DoT counter also. This is a perfect counter to the revive mechanic.

1 Like

the first part is true, since Caedmon died in that attack.
I was more curious about the second. I guess I will pay more attention and see if fighters are revived with buffs on.

Oh, didnt know that. I guess that answers the question :slight_smile:

Yes — it’s not so much the fact that status effects survive Revive that I find odd, it’s that the dispel would fail because the buff couldn’t be targeted due to Colen being in a pre-Revive state.

It make sense in the current system where pre-Revive heroes can be targeted but not affected, it’s just an interesting (and possibly unintended) side effect of that process.

2 Likes

They definitely are, as well as debuffs and other status effects. As @CrossXcalibur said, the perfect example of this is Fighters who revive with a DoT and then die immediately…which is like my favorite thing ever to watch. :laughing:

2 Likes

Well when waiting to revive they are in “ghost” form so i would assume they are immune to attacks while dead including dispels. He came back in the same state he died which makes perfect sense to me. If the x amount of turns of the riposte had already passed then i could see bug.

This seems to be working as intended in my opinion

1 Like

I suspect it is intended. Damage first then dispel for Caed. If it were Kage and it happened that would be a bug imo.

1 Like

It makes sense to me that it works that way based on special skills being applied in order, I just wonder if the edge case was considered during development.

Well, with talent grid expansion, few heroes like Colen and Boldtusk will revive at the end of the turn. I did encounter it before. In my case, was Boldtusk revived with Kiril’s buff attached and Colen with Wu’s. Killed with a single stack anyway.
*edit : Boldtusk’s die due to Gormek’s bleeding but I do activate Melendor’s special about the same time he die.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.