A few words for our Persian friends

@zephyr1 @Rook @littleKAF please keep an eye on this thread, because I feel it can derange into a harsh political discussion.

As mostly of you probably know internet connection from Iran is totally shut down since last Saturday. If this were a political forum we would talk about why it happened and express our concern for the Iran situation. But this is not, and happily we have many places to express our opinions.

So what is this post about? Well, we have two Persian friends in our alliance and we obviously lost contact with then since last Saturday. Surely this happened to several other alliances around there. We have no means to know if they are safe and how things are going for them. We all are really worried and sad.

I’d like to publicly cheer them and I encourage other forumers having a lost Persian friend to add their voices. As all the forumer contributors know this community has a big heart and we really cares for people (ask @jedon is this is not true).
May they be safe and back with us, their virtual family.

I greet them as they taught me:

سلام شرمینه
سلام امیر

18 Likes

I’m sorry to hear this. Belonging to an international alliance has been one of my greatest joys. Bonding with people from around the world, realizing that we have more in common than we may have realized, has been the most rewarding aspect of my E & P experience.

My heart goes out to your players and everyone affected by this. The loss of communication must be devastating and I understand your concern.

10 Likes

While not affected I empathise and sympathise with those who have.

Prayers for safety and hopes for a brighter tomorrow.

P.s. I’ll stand by with my flaggy finger to protect this thread!

10 Likes

I’m sorry for the loss of your two players and hope they can be speedily returned to you (whatever the looming political situation, that we will not discuss).

hugs!

8 Likes

Maybe this forum Will continue in it’s mostly wonderful way ,with it’s mostly wonderful people and hate will not become a part of this topic.

That’s what I’m gonna roll with because it’s really easy to hate but a lot harder to love.

I hope that your alliance mates are OK.

:pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

7 Likes

Hugs to you and other alliances going through the same thing.

Here’s hoping they’re able to reconnect asap.

:heart:

6 Likes

UPDATE: few hours ago we re-established contact with our Persian friends!
The connection is still unreliable but they are OK, and this is the only thing that really matters!
I’m so happy!

Thanks for the support, we really appreciated it!

7 Likes