A dude šŸ‰ could come your way

I hope you wonā€™t mind if I offer you my most enthusiastic contrafibularities on spotting that!

Made me jump onto YouTube and watch some the Black Adder best of compilations. The Court Marshall and subsequent Firing Squad gags just cheered my day right up. Classic British humour at its very brightest.

2 Likes

Blehā€¦

Seriously, @JonahTheBard, if it means that much to him, he can have one of mine.

Just please stop with the brownnosing :man_facepalming:

Seriously, you think these little icons mean anything? Iā€™ve got two of them, and I still canā€™t summon a bloody 5* hero to save my life!

(and yes I am seriousā€¦ you may strip one of my medal thingies and give it to Cheds)

2 Likes

NEVER!

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT A PITY MEDAL!

:joy: Itā€™s all a game @TGW. Nothing I do is ever really serious.

But it was genuinely good to watch some Black Adder again. Little things and all that

7 Likes

LOL. Good youā€™re not just looking for pity.

I donā€™t know what Black Adder is. Yes, you might say gasp! The horror! The horror!

But I see itā€™s probably only available on Amazon Prime, to which I do not subscribe.

The last British sitcom I remember being available on my local programming was AbFab, many years ago. Now that was a funny show!

1 Like

Black Adder is probably up there as one of the best British comedies every made. Following various members of the Blackadder family through history.

Blackadder Goes Forth (based in WW1) has some of the funniest moments I can recall interlaced with the horrors of that war and one of the most powerful endings Iā€™ve ever seen in a supposed comedy.

If it ever comes available I heartily recommend it. It has a definite British humour to it so not everyoneā€™s tastes but for me itā€™s only bettered by Monty Python. But I like my humour sarcastic and silly :joy:

EDIT - fun fact! They tried to ban using Goes Forth from schools learning about WW1 because it painted the generals as incompetent buffoons. Make of that what you will!

6 Likes

I enjoy Monty Python. I believe I do get BBC America in my regular TV broadcasting, but I donā€™t think Blackadder is in their current rotation. :confused:

1 Like

I allowed all cookies. I usually log in incognito mode, but I checked that in normal mode and nothing has changed, I still cannot see those icons. But on my phone I can see them. Weird :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Thatā€™s such a noble gesture, you deserve another medal :medal_military:

3 Likes

Actual tears of laughter. My cap is doffed to you.

If I could Iā€™d award the :cheese:

2 Likes

Hey no fair awarding dragons without giving us a clue how it was deserved. We need to know where the bar is setā€¦

1 Like

Read the original post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You guys are so cool. I laughed heartily after reading this thread :joy: :joy: :joy:

Isnā€™t it blasphemy for.a Britisher to speak of Ny comedy other than Benny Hill?

I suppose if someone really wants to earn a dragon or a medal, one can go look up all the users who have one, read their posts, figure out which one earned the medal/dragon, and do what they did to also earn itā€¦

ā€¦ yeah, I think our awarding moderators are too smart for that :smiley:

course, I would be interested to see if someone really does try to do this. Good luck to whomever does lol!

2 Likes

Bottom is the bestā€¦

1 Like

Bottom is top 5 no doubt

Along with Red Dwarf and the Fast Show

1 Like

Itā€™s a bit of fun really, that the fourm does need time to time. Trying to do something a bit positive that I think a certain member has done on the fourm or helped someone or made me laugh. Or a cool video or post. Whatā€™s wrong with that? :thinking:

Personally Iā€™d like @Rook give a :cat2:
@littleKAF a :cow2:

@zephyr1 @Guvnor canā€™t decide on them two any ideas :wink:

But itā€™s up to them if they want to do it aswell and decide if someone deserves it.
More a case of mods just giving a :heart: to a post.

7 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure @Guvnor should get an infinity gauntlet, to go with his Groot. But, I donā€™t see any IG emogis, so maybe just got with a :seedling:?

Clearly @zephyr1 should be handing out wind elementals, but as those also seem to be missing, either a :tornado: , or some :salt: seem most appropriate.

For me, as CCG is short for my full in-game name CleverCyanGryphon, I wonā€™t care much until thereā€™s a :gryphon: emoji.

By the way, do we get any input one what our forum title is, or is that Modsā€™ discretion?

Because if you guys take requestsā€¦ Iā€™d love to be ā€œCleverest of Gryphonsā€.

4 Likes

Ooh! A dragon! Would begging, crawling, grovelling and abasing myself do in place of wit or helpfulness?

How about money? :moneybag:

Or cake? :birthday:

2 Likes

On the subject of british humour.

Burnistoun - voice controlled elevator is well worth finding on youtube

1 Like