A couple of polls just to get a general sense of how forum visitors are feeling overall

hello,
I play now since April 2017 so 3 years and 2 months. I am not C2P, I have been taking the VIP pass almost since its creation (month by month). I happened to spend 40 € to grab a HOTM, to take the offers of gems / coins for events, but nothing regular. I know Lucky Luke and unlucky people. I’m more on the unlucky side but I do with it. I have already taken several short breaks, and I always come back for the community and friends.
This game requires zen and patience! But it must remain a game and therefore fun :slight_smile:
I think I will continue to spend a few euros on certain occasions (even if they are increasingly rare!)
Thank you TGW for this poll

3 Likes

Actually seeing more positivity in here than I see in other parts of the forum. Seems like the majority are eh… maybe skeptical and not entirely happy with the direction the game is going…? But also at the same time, not completely ready to quit. That’s overall encouraging. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

You’re a vampire. You don’t sleep.

2 Likes

I sleep, I just keep very unusual hours. My Circadian rhythm is completely broken. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Good topic, man. Kudos to you. Maybe I will add some input tom when I am at the office

1 Like

Just passed my 3 year playing anniversary. I voted that I will cut back on spending because I don’t like the new content only because that was the closest, but not entirely true. There are some things I like, but spending more isn’t practical for me anymore. The HA won’t really benefit me, so I doubt I will build it. The AL is barely used now and only level 6, so I doubt I will use that either.

I have spent quite a lot in the past, but as I posted in another thread, I cut back my spending at the beginning of March, mostly because there isn’t much to spend on now. I have every S1 hero, all S2 heroes except Ursena, and quite a few of the S3 heroes. What I am missing most are event heroes. The odds of pulling any of the event heroes is very small to begin with, but getting one of the heroes I am missing is even smaller. So all tries for any hero are now very limited. This isn’t all bad through, I will probably shift my focus from heroes to working on troops.

2 Likes

Same here

It’s nit that I don’t like the new content, there is a barrage of events, no time to catch your breathe

My biggest gripe is pulling season one 3s in the special events or season 2 and three. At least limit 3s to the event…

2 Likes

Where I am: less than a month from my 3yr anniversary of daily play.

Where I came from: for the first 1.5 of those years was totally FTP. Since then I have bought vip, though I let that lapse for a while when I ran out of buildings. I have also bought the valor pass when offered.

Where I’m going: I still like this game and the direction it seems to be headed. I find the Telluria balance a good sign, though full disclosure I do not own her or Vela. I’m excited for both the Tavern of Legends and Hero Academy just for the extra chances at the type of heroes I am lacking in. Horrible odds you say? Agreed. Still excited to try. Gonna take forever to pay off? With my luck I do not doubt. Still excited. I could note how long these things have taken to come, or how much better they could be, but to me I guess a step in the right direction might just be followed by a 2nd.

Good gaming!

4 Likes

Hah! Love your attitude towards the game.

The Telluria balance was quite controversial for many players. Half of us thought it was good and necessary; the other half thought it was terribly disrespectful and exploitative. I personally found myself in the middle on that one. On the one hand? I’m sorry, but some heroes are absurdly OP and occasionally need to be nerfed. On the other hand? Yeah, many people spent a bunch of money on a hero only to see them get nerfed later… totally understand them being angry about that. Just not sure it’s even possible to come to a resolution that will please everyone in that case. :man_shrugging:

Also, quite healthy that you realize that the odds are bad, and you accept that, and don’t expect anything good, but remain hopeful anyway. That’s really the best way to continue to enjoy this game overall.

Thank you for your perspective. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yep. I do 10 pulls at Guardians, Wonderland, Avalon Costumes and S3. Previously I’d do multiple 30 pulls.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing a little over a year now. I spent Way too much money trying to be competitive; very foolish on my part.
I have lots of heroes. I won’t be pulling as hard or as often as I used to. I won’t be spending as much as I used to. I’m tired of feeling like hitting titans and finishing quests are a chore.
I’ve been close to quitting.
Instead, I’m starting a sister alliance, for the alliance I’ve been with, so players can take a break from the grind. I’ll be dialing my cups back to get out of diamond, and try working synergies with the 4* heroes loitering on the bench.
Hero academy alchemy lodge and hunters lodge and any other p2w bs sG comes up with can pack sand.
Wars and titans will be hit or miss.
If it’s not fun then, I’ll quit.

2 Likes

I’ll continue to buy VIP monthly (will not commit to a year). And purchase Valor Passes along with the occasional “deal” and that’s about it. My spending has gone from anywhere between $50 to $150ish a month, down to $10 to $40ish a month. If I keep getting bupkis from summons and loot, I will spend even less.

Of course all numbers above factor in both my accounts.

2 Likes

Spend money

Don’t spend money

Both fine choices

1 Like

Maybe not the thread but CoD - Warzone has a gun that came in that’s crazy easy to unlock if you have bought the game, Very very hard if you haven’t. All the Youtubers use it and guess what? All the F2P complain it’s behind a paywall…mass complaints :joy:

It’s not just this game…if anything F2P with C2P perks will be the new computer game model for the next 10 years now I think.

Play for free if you want…just don’t get annoyed when I mow you down with my £35 gun and £8 fancy hat.

1 Like

Only a just over year in playing from what I read things don’t look good but don’t believe everything you read on the Internet. My spending will be still £20 a month as it out of my money I have had £50 voucher before. I enjoy the game sure thangs could be better, but I wouldnt go out my way and tell a mate ohh you need to play this game it’s the bollocks as most wouldn’t care n other gaming people I know, will rather spend on their ps n xbox etc

1 Like

Two plus years of playing. I’ve never spent significantly so I can’t reduce significantly. I find I spend in bunches but overall I’m averaging about $1.50/mo. One third of that was the first Valor Pass I bought for POV 1. I wanted the paid side 4* mat (can’t even remember what it was anymore :rofl:) . Won’t be doing that again though. Most of the rest was for three one-month VIP deals and the share the gems deals. Going forward I’ll skip the VIP deals. Never chased a 5*. As I said elsewhere here, I prefer being pleasantly surprised to being disappointed.

I am still building up my bench strength, only at 15 maxed 5*. So that keeps me interested. Can’t say the same for much of the new content.

1 Like

I’m not a first person shooter fan myself, but… this is one thing that worries me, that the microtransaction (MTX) “lootbox” AKA “P2W” model is going to start becoming the norm for all games. Because… let’s face it. It makes the game developers money. A whole lot of money, for very little work or expenditures on their part.

I know we’re not supposed to talk about other video games here, but I’ll go ahead and risk it, because the game I’m going to mention here is not a mobile phone app / direct competitor to SG.

The “almighty” Grand Theft Auto V.

Cost the developers a whopping $265,000,000 to create, allegedly.

Sounds absurd? Yes. But they also had huge development teams, hired professional artists and voice actors, bought the rights to use a bunch of music, paid for additional help from third party software developers, etc. etc. In the end? They earned billions in profits. So definitely a net win. For a game that every player only had to pay for once. At a cost that is arguable on par with the current cost to summon a single 5* hero in E&P, a game that likely cost a very tiny fraction of what it cost to produce GTA V.

Apples and oranges, for sure. Mobile games are not in the same arena as PC/console titles, nor should they be. But I personally had to ask myself… is this game worth as much money as a triple-A PC or console title? For me, the answer is a firm NO. And yet… I’ve already spend more on this game than I would have on any other game of similar quality. GACHA! Yep, they certainly did “got me”. But only initially. Not anymore.

RE: that CoD experience: the C2P only spent $35 (or pounds, in your case) for a guaranteed gun. The fancy hat was probably purely decorative (like pins and backgrounds in E&P). In E&P: $35 only gives you a small chance to pull a fancy gun. Most likely, it will just give you non-fancy feeders (bullets) instead.

Again, to reiterate things I’ve already said before: I am not hating the game itself. Just don’t like the pricing structure. I don’t think there is any hero in this game that is worth spending over $100 for. I don’t even think all of the game heroes combined are worth over $100.

Subjective opinion of course. Still curious to know how everyone else feels.

6 Likes

There comes a point where you have enough 5-star heroes to have a rounded army. I am there. My spending will drop because I have enough heroes in multiple colors to max. Occasionally I will chase a hero, but know I probably won’t get it anyway. My current roster is good enough for me to be competitive. The nice thing about this game is spending is not required to stay current. Other games require weekly spending to be relevant. Even players who quit still hold cups to be in diamond…

2 Likes

@TGW All you are buying in any computer game (Mobile, Console or PC) is pixels on a screen. That’s it really. What they do will differ but you have nothing tangible in anything.

What value you personally assign to said pixels will differ from person to person.

We all have a finite amount of time on this planet and ultimately how you fill it is up to you. If that’s playing a mobile game or reading a book it doesn’t really matter. I’m just going from A to Z and trying to grab as many letters as I can on route :joy:

1 Like

I have stopped buying gems and now I feel less stressed. I don’t have that disappointment of wasting $$ anymore, and I’m actually enjoying the game again.

3 Likes