Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/ Green
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: [29th Mar, 2020] - 49th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, No Nature/Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

5 Likes

first :stuck_out_tongue:

I am thinking of going Nordri, Kvasir, Gunnar, Nordri, Kvasir :slight_smile:

But I worry people will bring Kvasir to negate my two kvasirs. Or will they go black? That is my intent :slight_smile:

Nordri so far refuses to join my roster, so I figured this:

Not really convinced with my other blues for defense, so gunnar with dual yurple.

Options:

1 Like

Thanks to @Randy and his top 10 finishers from the last tournament with the same format.

6 Likes

Great minds think alike! This is what I’m thinking:

Reds are disfavored, green is not allowed, so that leaves three colors. Most people will attack with a mix of blue and yurple probably, so definitely want to include all three colors to make stacking harder.

cGunnar seems like the tank of choice, if he goes off the battle is half done. Kvasir is the only “healer” available, so you want to make sure yours fires before the attackers. Only hero I’m not entirely happy with is Balthazar on wing, yes he hits very hard but if cGunnar’s spirit link is still on he would just tickle everybody. The hope is by the time he fires, cGunnar’s effect would’ve worn off already.

Another possible (fun) option is to run a yurple center:

Double Bjorn makes stacking yellow a risk, plus you’re very unlikely to get rid of Kvasir before he fires. But if you stack purple, you’re never getting rid of the Bjorns. Most attackers will probably take a blue stack to this and hope for the best, or maybe they could also stack red since blue wings you’re not likely to kill with tiles anyway.

4 Likes

or this

2 Likes

Looks solid…but I would use costume version of Tyrum to cleanse all the incoming DoT (poison) and ailments from attacking Kvasirs.

3 Likes

I think i will go with this

I have to max Kvasir ability which is stucked at 6/8 :angry:

2 Likes

Thinking of this. Not decided on offensive Gunnar vs defensive Gunnar yet :thinking: Might not matter too much. Defense always gets flattened on Bloody battle because while I don’t mind putting emblems on 3*s, I won’t waste food/ feeders on low level troops. And everyone I get matched to are +20 heroes with > lvl 15 troops

5 Likes

This should be interesting.

3 Likes

Exactly my team right now except my heroes have less emblems. I’m still considering adding Rudolph (minions are like allowed healing, but he’s red, so he doesn’t fit well this tournament) or switching to non-costume Gunnar and adding Ulmer (even nicer defence down, but I’m not sure if it’s not reducing my offensive power too much).

3 Likes

4 Likes

1st draft: blue core + yurple wings (curious about Jack)

2nd option: Kvasir in (it seems a must under this rule)

What you think, guys? @Vikingblood80, @BubblesUK
:wink:

2 Likes

Kvasir yes. Shared damage is less effective when using minions…so I chose regular Gunnar…but not sure on this one.
Not sure about Jack. With Kvasir attrackting purples they will be weak against Jack…so it can work. Bjorn + Jack shall be a good combo.

2 Likes

1st draft…

2 Likes

1 Like

Poison DOT isn’t affected by share damage, isn’t it?:thinking:

A couple of options. I think we’ll see plenty of blue attacking teams this week so I’m trying to avoid bringing red heroes and speed/damage output is usually what I struggle against in this type of tournament so I’m trying to replicate that.

Leaning towards team 1. I think Kvasir is going to be a huge pain in this tournament. Gunnar over c.Gunnar as I think the shared damage works against the defense team in a bloody tournament and allows Kvasir’s minions to hit full damage on targets.

Plus, with green banned two of the more common debuffers in Mnesseus and Belith won’t be available. This leaves Tyrum and hopefully the dilemma of do you go costume to cleanse Kvasir or regular to debuff Gunnar.

tournament1

Team 2, blue center with nordi for that elemental defense down. Rest are fast hitters to try and capitalise on any poor boards. Not sure about Gunnar over c.Gunnar here. Could possibly switch and go 100% offensive but without Kvasir there won’t be much sustainability.

tournament3

1 Like

I will try this :

3 Likes