No Ice/ Blue
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [June 16, 2019] 9th Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/Blue

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

2 Likes

I will go with this team. I have been succesful with a gunnar _ hawkmoon centre before in a rush tournament.

Lets hope it repeats

Well, they changed the ordering… :joy:

2 Likes

:sob::sob::rage: I power-levelled my Gill-Ra for this and it just has to be the tournament they change it up? Just my luck :joy: Guess this is what I’ll be running with:

Might change it later, but I don’t really have any better options.

1 Like

OP Updated :slight_smile:

Something a little different to keep us on our toes :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not sure all Red is good or not.
Any comments are appreciate.

4 Likes

1st draft…

I would try this setup, if Shadereave cast his skill, then it should be devasting with +3x buff, and also he give all allies guaranteed revive (I mean reborn). But he is SLOW… but this is my 1st draft.

4 Likes

What you think ok

2 Likes

I was thinking red/purple/yellow with my strongest heroes (but no real hitters, so dependent on slashdamage. My dispellers are green or blue… Perhaps put melendor (c) in? Dispell and double buff, but weak to red…

Could replace wu with jackal (+18), but he doesn’t buff and is squishy (but does hit very hard, esp. with buffs)

Mist will be maxed & emblemed within the next days…plan is +18, but depends on iron.

Thoughts @sleepyhead @BubblesUK @ApollosEmpire @Guvnor

5 Likes

Maybe something like this?

Or should I switch places Mist-c.Melendor? :thinking:

The other options are c.Rigard+9 (but the same buff like Boldtusk), Wilbur+7 (not a fan of putting him in defence), Lancelot+11 (squishy for an average hero), some greens which I would like to avoid… :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Is this a place to discuss the associated new offer as well?

I would have couple of sarcastic comments there.

3 Likes

LoL, it was tempting. :joy:

Definitly not… hang on I’ll make a thread now.

Link: New "Ultimate tournament offer" -- Thoughts & discussion - #2 by jinbatsu

3 Likes

I’m just going to go with

3 Likes

I’m debating whether Shadereave +1 is sturdy enough to tank. He’s definitely great for this tourney, with the buffs and all, but I wonder if your Gormek should tank and Shady should flank instead. I’m torn.

Agree with the heroes you chose, just not sure about the order.

Agree with Mist, if you can emblem her even slightly. Definitely better than Li Xiu on defense, IMO.
Also agree with Sabina as your Purple. Rigard sturdier, but Sabina’s dispel more important.
And agree with your Red choices. Boldtusk would be nice but only lightly emblemed; in this case Scarlett (with Rogue talent + attack debuff) and Gormek (more emblems and a scary defense debuff) work better. And of course Shadereave, as Shady gives more buffs.

May I pick your brains @Vikingblood80 @BubblesUK ? and of course anyone else who wants to chime in :slight_smile:

Choice 1:

Boldy and Lance buff; I know Lance is frail, but he gives two buffs and has Fighter talent maxed. Sabina dispels, Scarlett as a pseudo-dispeller by attack debuffing, Gormek to add to pressure by defense debuffing.

Boldy as tank because +15, gives buffs, and sturdy. Sabina beside Lance as she’s my only dispeller. And hopefully her being in wing, will give Yellow stackers less advantage

Choice 2:

Drop Gormek but add Shady for more buffs. Shady on flank because only +1, so Boldy has much better bulk. Scarlett > Gormek for the attack debuff and Rogue talent.

Only other Reds are Kelile and Colen.
For Yellows, only Li Xiu +15 is highly emblemed. Danzaburo only +1. Chao +3, Lady Wooly +15, Hu Tao +1 and Wu Kong +1 have less useful skills, versus my Reds
Sabina is def my best Purple for the job, over Proteus, Rigard (no costume), Cyprian and Tibs.
I do have costumed Melendor, but Reds will be everywhere so decided against a Green.

1 Like

Definitely would go with this. More scarier.
Choice 2 you have 3 heroes (Lance, Boldie, Shady) that overwrite the attack buff of each other.

1 Like

Yeah great idea…Shady isn’t sturdy…may be I would drop him and just take Boldie instead.
Gormek is my tank on Bloody Battle no blues. :thinking:

2 Likes

thanks! Choice 1 it is :slight_smile: appreciate your usual brainstorming help.

Re Shady vs. Boldy, yeah. Both of yours are +1, while you’re bringing Mist all the way to +18, so Mist is the better flank I think. Shady in wing, while slow mana, looks more and more unattractive.

maybe…

Boldy / Sabina / Gormek / Mist (her emblems make her a better flank) / Scarlett ?

2 Likes