5* heros are worthless so save your money! 4* Heroes are almost as powerful and cheaper!

Everyone has their own preferences, of course, but developing a great stable of 5* heroes has a key benefit that you seem not to be taking advantage of.

With a wide selection of 5* heroes you no longer need to colour stack and suffer the indignity of occasional losses caused by bad boards. Run a rainbow team (using the appropriate heroes to counteract your opponents, of course) and you should expect to win all raids on attack. I’m not suggesting you’ll never lose another, but it ought to become a surpassingly rare experience.

(Although it’s possible you might be onto something I’ve never even tried. Raiding 3-3 might be a game changer.)

4 Likes

Then if this will happen … all the new players will be forced to be P2P/W to stay in this game … also this will for sure effect the AW.
As any one with 1^1 5☆ in def line up wont be able to be killed by any maxed 4☆ heroes.
Which means a huge advantage to who ever p2p/w vs c2p/f2p with no 5☆ at all … not mention that 1 5☆ 1^1 def hero in raid on bronz to gold rank wont be killed vs full maxed 3/4☆ teams.
Which will lead to a massive leaving out of the game from players like me.

3 Likes

Who would be your ideal 3-3 team?

Yes i spent at least that. Once upon a time i owned a massive company. My company card was attached to itunes. I would buy gem packs just to buy the trainer hero packs. I would level multiple 4 or 5 star heros in a day. Then i would feed those heros to other heros. I bought a lot of gem packs for various reasons. I had very little game knowledge. I wasnt paying attention to how much i was charging. A year ago my wife dug into my account and showed me what i had done. I was appalled. Since then I have made a budget and stuck to it. With my gaming knowledge increase my ability to spend wisely also increased.

However i now can homestly say i see the truth to what is really going on in the game.

I choose to hit 5-0 as that is what excited me and i thought was cool. I only hit as a rainbow type attack when someone has really figured a way around color stacking and i simply want revenge. However rainbow battles bore me. Its simply my style to attack 5-0 or 4-1. I find it more satisfying to destroy at 4200 power team in under 10 seconds.

Now that i am a regular joe (kinda) i simply want to help all the other average joes in every way possible. Thats why im in beta and thats why i buck the system a bit. I thought once upon a time i could listen to all my alliance friends and people like you guys and take those critiques to player lounge or beta and make a difference. now i dont know if thats possible. I feel they listen to 7 dd more than anyone. Some how a top 10 alliance, who has no idea of the struggles 10-30 level players with no 5’s and very little 4’s, is who knows best for what regular players desire. I believe thats why 5’s are worthless. 7dd, with 30 members all carrying full d’s over 4100 power attacking the same type of team, has put value in having so many 5’s. Thats the upoer level and wuite honestly that sort of battle is boring. Boring as boring gets. I still have whatsapp with russians and a few others asking me to come back but that will never happen again. Other than top 100 alliances 5 star heros have no placce in mass quantities. Heck, even when i was part of a top 10 i could take an entire squad of 4’s and crush a 4200 power team regularly. Why not make a 6 star hero and make him only available in regular monster chests randomly and make it so gems cant reset a monster chest? Make it so random that only the best heros go to f2p players??? Anyways this thread i feel has run its course. My points been made so i will move on

Good chat guys.

6 Likes

And THIS is why I stood up for this guy. This is hard fact from a long time player who was beyond whale. 80k on a game. His opinion is worth that to me. SG would do good to listen to what he has to say. I know I did. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

P.S my fingers are too big for a tiny mobile keyboard. Thank you for pointing out my spelling error. Fortunately the brain in my head with a bachelor of science degree operating it has a keen understanding for when somebody is trying to tell me something important. For other people it’s called good legal council LOL!

I love the game. I hate the whiners that complain all the time in forums. I do see problems with certain aspects of the game but then again no game is perfect. That’s what development means. I just hope they listen constructively so that we still have a game to play in the future.

And I’m not the troll. But I can point a few out if your interested in that sort of thing. I second your last statement.

I think this has now run it’s course. See you all on a battlefield sometime!

Good luck!

I think the key point is more financial than it is game related. Manage your finances, whether it’s with this game or not, else you may have some degree of regret in hindsight.

Thank you for your reply and honesty.

Much respect to you, Sir. :+1:

Now I’m wonder, do you still own that massive company?

Totally agree with @ItsaDragon. I’ve crossed into Diamond three times now but get quickly beaten back to Platinum. I have zero 5* heroes and a defense team of 5 x 4-70 4*.

Op would be smart enough to run a company worth several thousands or even millions of dollars.
But not enough to understand a single 4* team can destroy a full 5* team before he’s spent 80k in this game ?

Nice troll OP.

I find the limiting view kinda amusing. As i can see the point of the OP, the game is not raiding only. For me titans are the most fun part, getting 5* seems pretty good for that.

@Sealt But once you have solid teams for each colour then do you really need more 5s? At what point are you satisfied with what you have? Maybe that’s what we’re discussing, that somehow this game leaves some people feeling like they need more, whether it’s true or not.

@Perilin
Hmm but isn it crystal clear that no matter about wich part of the game we talk , there is a point where you got enough?

Thread title is “5* are worthless…”
Argument is you can raid a 5* Team with 4*.

For a Solid 5* Team for each color Titan i need alot of 5* . So not worthless for this Part of the game at all.

I don’t think they’re worthless, in general but their worth is always dependent on what else you have and are using resources on.

if someone doesn’t have ascension mats, they’re effectively worth less than a 4 :wink:

And it’s also completely worthless that I have 2 obakans (formerly 3) sitting in my hero inventory because even though I have the mats I’m hoping for something better from my TC20, which may never happen at the rate I’m going. And I think having Rigard in my war defense is probably good enough, compared with oby.

I have 4 reds un-levelled because I have only had 3 rings in the time I’ve been playing. So yay that I pulled them, but 3 of them are completely worthless to me right now.

But I’m not arguing with you :slight_smile:

If someone has buried 80k in a mobile game (and i doubt that), i would recommend to visit a doctor. Urgent help is needed for this studied behave. And this is not meant in a bad way!

It just comes down to what you want out of this game. Do you want to play and just have some fun. If so 4* work jjust fine. If raiding is what makes you happy. Then color stacking 4* with a good board and you can take down anyones team. If you or your alliance truley wants to play at the top you have no chance with 4*. AW at the top cant be won with 4*. You may be lucky and win a couple hits but over all the top alliances defence will destroy 4* heroes in AW and with there 20 and 30+ maxed 5* heroes they will beat up most defenses. When your staring at an AW defense that has over 20 Guinevere and they dont have a troop lower than 20 4* wont help you.

They’re not worthless. Imagine raiding someone where they get to choose the heroes rather than have that static team sitting around all night. The only reason 4* prevails here is because you have the upper hand of strategy, the defender has none.

So I suppose the context is that when it comes to war, 4s can be all you need to get your kicks in the game. I’m sure that when your 4-star team is raided by a 5-star team while you’re asleep, you’re losing most of the time, though

Well, if you got some ok and good ones: agreed.

Um, no. Most people realize that they don’t need a Royal Flush to win against a bunch of players that just get a Straight max. That’s why SG pumps out some slightly better heroes (compared to those already in game) on a monthly base, to give people willing to pay for it another small advantage compared to others and to put pressure on those willing to compete in top tier.

It’s feeding the whales and dolphins - and no scam at all. You should really look up the meaning of scam. It’s like complaing in a MMORPG that the devs scam me, because my “Shield of Shields” with item score 150 I raided months for now is “crap”, because in the new dungeon XY drops a new one with item score 152.

If you decide to spend money, it gives you, like in a lot of similar F2P/P2W games, the advantage of getting your heroes faster and to save you the grind/time spent ingame. Yeah, eventually everyone has the chance to get all heroes w/o paying - in like… 10 - 20 years? :smile: That’s it. If I can roll once for free, you can roll e. g. a hundred times for putting money in this game. Where’s the scam?

Then no F2P game would have any funding. Of course those games need players who can’t wait to get to X and want to speed this up, even if they just gain a temporary advantage till everyone is catching up. Usually when that happens, whales get frustrated and leave. :wink: At least in games like this one, where you can only buy stuff that let’s you skip a lot, not influence balancing at all.

And please don’t confuse censorship with “My house, my rules.” If somebody doesn’t want you to ■■■■ in front of his door, well, he’s free to do so and he doesn’t have to agree with you doing that. Posting a winnie pooh picture in a chinese chat and getting put in a concentration camp is usually what most people would agree on comes closer to the true meaning of censorship.

1 Like

Worthless is a strong word.

In Raids, In Rare Quests & During Events:
With board luck on the poor end, you’ll definitely have a better chance of winning with 5* heroes simiply because of the fact that they’ll be harder to kill.

When hitting Titans:

When comparing heroes with similar special skills, you’ll do more damage with a teir four legendary hero since they usually have higher tile damage than teir four epic heroes. Multiplied by 5 heroes, or even just 4 heroes, the difference can be very very high.
You definitely can still get A+ and A titan scores with a full team of teir 4 epic heroes with strategic firing of special skills, good boards and just some 2* battle items if you’re fighting 5-to-8 star titans (maybe higher if you’re really good). Once your alliance gets higher than that or when you’re hitting certain rare titans, I bet it would be a lot harder to consistently do better than a B.

Raid/War Defense:

Epic hero teams are most definitely easier to beat than full maxed Legendary hero teams and most Legendary + Epic Hero teams— especially if a 5* tank is used in the latter.

However…

I do agree that trying to get a maxed legendary team or isnt as remotely as important for people in their first half a year (-ish) of playing as some people seem to think. And to some extent focusing on 5* instead of 4* heroes can be worthless if you want to advance in the game.

@SWEG already did a great job of explaining why working on 4* heroes are initially far more important than working on 5* heroes.

As SWEG stated you can finish 4* heroes far faster than you can finish a 5*. Around twice as fast.
— You can do much better with color stacking in attack teams, customizing titan teams, and even farming higher levels with two maxed 4* heroes of each color than with one 5* hero of each color. I’ve found this is especially true if your 4* heroes of the dont play play the same role (ex. Hit multiple enemies special skill, hit one enemy special skill, healing ss, buffing team ss, debuffing enemy ss, high survabilty stats vs high damage stats etc)

I’d also like to point out no matter how much you spend on summons trying to get 5* heroes, ascension material drop rate doesnt increase. So even if you bite the bullet and spend too early, you could get your new 5* hero stuck at 2/60 or 3/70 where as a 3/60 or 4/70 4* would of been more useful.

Even if you get lucky with Ascension materials, (or buy them), there’s still the problem of not having buildings upgraded high enough and not winning enough raid attacks to have a high enough food production, trainee(feeder) hero inflow, and recruit availability to level 5* heroes timely as possible because you’ll have major stalls in leveling.

So yes in that sense, 5* heroes can be worthless but I doubt this applies to anyone who’s been playing for closer to a full year.

To deviate from the thread topic a tiny bit

A new player joined the (invite only) alliance im in just a few days ago. Certainly, he was accepted because he just meets the minimum trophies and his defense team looks pretty good or atleast decent for the alliance —and it will only get better with leveling. It has two TC20 5* (neither are one of the amazing ones but meh, a 5* is a 5*) and three TC 4*. He also has 4* troops for all his heroes. I expected him to of been playing a lot longer than he said he has (a little over a month i think it was). Because he’s such a newbie player, he barley has any other heroes leveled up enough that he can use them. His titan scores are really low so far (probably because he cant color stack, can’t always omit the heroes of the weak color, and/or because his team dies before he can do significant damage) Also in our alliance, if you don’t opt out of war but don’t use all 6 war flags more than once you’ll get kicked— so he cant be an asset here either.

Just bringing this up to make the point not to bite off more than you can chew early on. Not only are 4* hereos important, 3* heroes are important early on aswell. 3* heroes can get maxed quickly and cheaply when compared to 4* heroes and all the needed materials are easily found in surplus in the provinces. I wish people would ignore the higher arenas, competitve alliances, missions and event loot in their first couple months and focus atleast a couple 3* heroes of each color. This is especially helpful during war. Even if you have 30 4* heroes at viable levels it may be desirable to actually bring a 3* to a couple battles since the ability to color stack may make it worth it.

1 Like

Well said. To reinforce your point about ascension items, food and trainer heroes it takes to level a 5*; I’m really glad I focused on 4* heroes first because even when I got tc19 active and all my farms maxed and I had the ascension items to max 5* heroes, it still takes like a month per 5* hero if you’re color feeding them. So before I started on my first 5* (Marjana) I had 25 maxed 4* heroes. And the funny thing is I don’t even use Marjana on titans because Scarlett hits harder xD my green titan team is boldtusk, Wilbur, falcon, Scarlett and Wu. Marjana doesn’t make the cut, even if she survives one extra hit from a 10* or 11* titan.

2 Likes