5* heroes positioning guide

Interesting that you rate Kage best position at left wing.

My first impression was the same: dispel, v.fast, sniper… It all adds up to left wing.

But I don’t think it’s actually his best spot.

Because his damage drops on enemies <50%HP, I want him firing as early as possible while enemies still have over half health left - vfast mana gives that every chance of happening on flanks.

Anecdotally, I’ve found my teams have performed poorly with him in left wing (your “best”) and much better with him on either flank.
(All this with rainbow teams, all positions 5* and sub-10 emblems each).

2 Likes

Agreed, it’s important for him to fire earlier in the battle. But he can’t be a tank because of his stats. I have also given him “yes” for left flank but it really depends on the team.

For example, in this case: Kageburado-Ariel-Santa-Drake-Lianna, Kage’s best position is left wing because it’s important to place all other heroes in a specific spot.
Since a lot of people use a sturdy non-healer tank, it means that they need to place their healer on left flank. This leaves Kage in the left wing.

But left wing is not always the “best”, left flank is often the better position, such as in your case.

2 Likes

I think my main objection is more that he’s rendered near-useless on that left wing.

Agreed he’s definitely not a tank.

Thing is, even at very fast if he’s on the wing he’s not going to fire until later on in the battle by which point his damage is 50/50 to be reduced by target HP being <50%.

In the defence you exampled, I’d be looking for an alternative wing… Seshat for example would be far more effective than Kage in that corner, but to be honest I’d take Lianna or Alice there instead without hesitation.

Sniper flanks don’t come much better, but for me he’s just not a wing.

YMMV

1 Like

Neith it’s so bad for defense team?

1 Like

Neith is, as stated elsewhere here, a jack of all trades and master of none. She is useable on offense where you directly control her. On defense with the randomness of RNG and AI control she is not as good as many others.

2 Likes

As @nevarmaor said, Neith doesn’t do anything that threatens the attacker. She cuts mana and blinds, but Guin and Justice do these things better than her.
If she had more tanky stats, she could be a decent tank but wouldn’t be close to the level of Justice and Guin as tanks. She can rarely be a threat on a defence team.

3 Likes

Always good to know I’m not just blowing smoke :grin:

1 Like

Neiths a weird one…

If your bench is just building and your options have really boring specials, she might add something.

Longer term, does she give you anything you won’t find in more convincing magnitude elsewhere? No.

Jack of all trades… Not worth the darts in the longer term, for me.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for this information. Always great to see folks who really study E&P and create useful/valuable information from their hard work for all us gamers to use. It is a selfless act and much appreciated. It helps us all to become better. :blush:

6 Likes

Thank you for your guide, it’s really helpfull. Could you help with my defense team setup, I posted my current setup and heroes I have available? Thanks!

Screenshot_2020-01-14-16-44-23-473_com.smallgiantgames.empires

2 Likes

I guess you could try Kingston-Kiril-Elena-Sartana-Joon, but the current lineup also looks okay.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks. I’ll give it a try, I have a feeling that I lose too many opponent revenges on raids, especially those 200 tp weaker than me

1 Like

D_DI, do you plan to update this regularly when new heroes come out?

1 Like

I don’t plan to update it every month for every single HotM, but when there is a higher number of new heroes, I’ll try to add them to the list.
I’ve been busy recently so I didn’t have the chance to add Gazelle, Chameleon and Vela, but I will do it when I have more free time.

2 Likes

Vela, Chameleon and Gazelle have been added to the list.

(@Elveria1, @Nitrus)

8 Likes

Awesome work, @D_DI. Really appreciate the hard work.

1 Like

This can be deceptive. What you see is the TP of the opponent’s defense team, which is highly likely not the team they revenged with. Some players set their strongest team as defense, others use a weaker team.

Plus with colour stacking it is not that hard to defeat a defense 200 tp stronger than you. I do it all the time.

8 Likes

Maybe this has been touched upon, but when it comes to firing order everyone says left to right. Typically people aim for the tank causing the tank and flanks to gain mana quicker thus making them fire first before a wing. How come people don’t really take that into consideration?

Yes if every single special is acquired left wing will fire first but I was just wondering if anyone takes the fact that tank or flanks may get their special before left wing.

2 Likes

That has been taken into consideration in the guide. For example, in an ideal case Isarnia should fire first. But since she is slow, her best position is not left wing, but left flank so that she can fire earlier in the battle.

1 Like

Got ya, thanks! For some reason I run into people left and right that don’t consider that…

2 Likes