This is a guide on where each 5* hero belongs on defence. I created it based on my 2 years and 6 months experience in the game.
(Here is the 4* heroes guide: 4* heroes positioning guide)
5 things to consider:
- specials fire from left to right
- the tank must be a very sturdy hero (or a hero who can destroy the opponents if they fire)
- the only 5* healers who belong to the corner are Alberich and Mother North.
- slow heroes should not be in the corner, they may never get the chance to fire (there are a few exceptions in the 5* category)
- the left side should be reserved for heroes who will help the heroes who will fire next (in case everyone is charged up at the same time) - revivers, dispelers, attack buffers, defence debuffers, healing buffers, healers (healers should fire earlier since if the hero who fires afterwards hits a hero with riposte, they can survive the riposte if they have just been healed).
Best - perfect position
Yes - great position
Maybe - good position
Rarely - under certain circumstances, they could be placed there
No - bad position
Worst - putting the hero in that position is a crime against humanity
Example of a good defence rainbow team order:
Left wing: reviver
Left flank: attack buffer
Tank: sturdy hero who punishes the attacker
Right flank: a fast hero who blinds the attacker
Right wing: fast sniper who takes advantage of the heroes who fired before
Disclaimer: this is a guide for regular raid defence, it can be viable for wars and tournaments, but it does not take into consideration tournament or war rules.
Edit: Gazelle, Chameleon and Vela added.
Edit 2: Costumes, S3 heroes and new HotMs added.
Edit 3: New costumes, new S3 heroes, new Springvale heroes, Myztero and new HotMs added.
Edit 4: New HotMs and new Valhalla heroes added; changes to “grades”.