4* Mana or 3* Crit Troops?

I just pulled the 4* red mana troops (Barbaric Assassins). I’m wondering if I should use those over my level 7 3* crit troops (firecaller battlemages).

17 attack, 11 d, 12 heal, 5 mana (4* unleveled) vs
12 attack, 12d, 9 heal, 6 crit (3* lvl 7)

My main red hero is 4-70 BT so I’m leaning towards even the unleveled 4*. What do you think?

Max the 3* crit troops first. When that is done, start on the forever and ever project of levelling the 4*.

Unless you’ve got cash so you can powerlevel the 4* to the level where the mana is actually going to result in shaving a full tile off.

Train your 4* troops be they mana or brit troops. Immediately stop training your 3* troops. It’s a waste of time and resources.

4 Likes

Focus all your new feeder troops on the 4* troop. You can reconsider when you get a crit 4*, but until then you would benefit most from leveling the 4* mana compared to any 3*.

2 Likes

If you have 4* troops use and level them. 3 star is for event then.

2 Likes

You can win epic events with lvl1 3* troops. Levelling 3* troops is utter waste and it will get back to you later when you got 4* troops and nothing to feed to them…

Mana troop is best used by a slow or average mana hero.

My advice is that if you pay for gems, get all 4* troops first. You can up them slowly later. A 4* troop is easily equivalent to a lv6 or so 3* troop. So don’t waste feeder troops on 3* troops. You will only use them in event challenges.

Or by very fast or very slow, those gain the most from mana troops

How do you level up troops

Convert a forge to barack, after sh10. Feed 1* and 2* troops to higher levels.

You might want to stop leveling your 3* troops around lvl8-10 and save the feeders for a 4* troop.

Leveling troops requires a lot of ham, focus on heroes before troops, at least until your first rainbow team is maxed.

What level do i have to be

Stronghold level 10 to get ability to convert a building into barracks.

Whichever building you choose (i also recommend using a forge) must be at level 5+

2 Likes

Hunh?

Mana troops shave off number of tiles needed to be “shot” before special is triggered. So raising a 4* mana troop to level 11 takes one tile off a very fast hero’s 7 tile requirement meaning its special can go off after ghosting only three tiles.

How far up do you have to go to shorten up the needed tiles for a fast hero? All I know is it takes a crapton more feeders and ham.

1 Like

Which troops are mana troops? Not that we are able to determine our luck or fate on which troops are summoned! I had such bad luck, its taken 11 months to get my first 4 star troop.

When the discussion of mana troops come up, it is going to be discussing 4* troops and almost always being discussed with their counterparts.

Across all the colors, one of each color will have the mana recovery (the shiny symbol) increase, the other will have the critical attack chance (the bullseye symbol) increase. Bring up a troop from your inventory or barracks to see the bonuses they carry to their attached heroes.

Mana Recovery Increase
Mystic Mages (Purple)
Monastic Battlemages (Yellow)
Ravager Warriors (Blue)
Barbaric Assasins (Red)
Rebel Infiltrators (Green)

Critical Attack Chance Increase
Reanimated Master Knights (Purple)
Exalted War Constructs (Yellow)
Imperial Knight Lords (Blue)
Barbaric Alpha Minotaurs (Red)
Deepwood Elder Ents (Green)

1 Like

Very helpful - Thank you, I will be observing the critical attackers especially in raid attacking. I shall stay away from the critical attackers, its difficult enough as is to retain number of trophies; faster mana also a big disadvantage as I don’t have those troops yet.

Yay got the critical attackers - blue and green only - E&P is a waiting patiently game