Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2021-01-03T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2021-01-04T08:00:00Z
2021-01-09T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Ice/ Blue
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Rush Attack

All Special Skills are set to Very Fast!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [24 May, 2020] - 57th Raid Tournament - 3*, Rush Attack, No Blue/ Ice

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

9 Likes

Sorry, no top 10 defenses from the last time. I took some time off from the game during the last rotation so it will be several weeks. Sorry again.

15 Likes

I have to decide if i want Hawkmoon in the wing or if id rather bring her closer and put Sudri in the wing instead.

Screenshot_20210102-194450_Empires

6 Likes

I think I‘ll go with this.

May last-minute-emblem Bauchan to 20

5 Likes

What about this defense? any position change? suggestions?cvcvv

5 Likes

I chose Azar as flank instead of wing, hoping the combined mana cut of Azar and Bauchan (+Ei-Dunn in my case) stalls the enemy

1 Like

I’ll try to go like this

4 Likes

Without Bauchan to place at tank im thinking Sudri will be punishing with the 2 mana controllers at flank. I hope that makes bumping Hawkmoon to wing a viable strategy. And im not usually a fan of mono defenses, they have never worked well for me, i dont see a better fit than fireball guy on the right.

4 Likes

No Kvasir? His minions can be really useful.
Or a Belith to heal and dispel

5 Likes

I don’t have bauch :cry:

But I think this should still do nicely, benching jahangir, Oberon, Bjorn, gil ra - actually have lots of decent options (none emblemed though)

5 Likes

My defense last time: ⚔ [24 May, 2020] - 57th Raid Tournament - 3*, Rush Attack, No Blue/ Ice - #131 by WaVe

(Melia/hawkmoon/cochin/jahangir/bjorn). It did ok at A/B/B. But this time I have more and better options. I think I’ll go with:

Pixie/hawkmoon/bauchan/jahangir/bjorn

Hawkmoon and bauchan are kind of a given, by far the best in this format. Pixie could be replaced with melia, kvasir or perhaps bane? But manacontrol is key in rush.
Jahangir could be replaced with sudri, but I expect opponents to take red, which will weaken his special. Maybe azar for more manacontrol?
Bjorn: renfeld (costume) or tyrum? Once renfeld goes off, in rush, he basically has a manadrain until he either dies or wins

7 Likes

1st draft…

4 Likes

Pfff, I feel like I have really good options, but not sure what exactly to do. I was thinking these 3 to be the core of defence team:

And then, to choose 2 more from this pool of heros (have in mind that I could bring Ei-Dunn and c.Renfeld up to 9-10 tallents, Pixie to +7):

Help? :pray:

1 Like

Frist thoughts is this.

3 Likes

@jinbatsu I’m not a fan on mono-defense. I think including yellow and purple forces the opponents more in considering their attackteam, with mono-red defense all red/yellow/purple is neutral.

@Slobix see my earlier post for my thinking, as I guess we mostly have the same heroes to choose from

@Dudeious.Maximus: a green tank in no-blue? I would seriously reconsider that. Also: Bane is already fast, so doesn’t profit that much from rush.

2 Likes

I will play with this team

4 Likes

Yup, did almost the same. Gave up on the idea of 4 reds, so Ei-Dunn is out. Figured c.Renfeld and Pixie would be super useful in attack, too.

I’ll just consider Bjorn instead of c.Renfeld, because he does hit hard. So, more dmg at the cost of less mana control?

3 Likes

will i regret not tanking Ei-Dunn? no matter, go team red

3 Likes