3rd Anniversary Forum Challenge - Share Your E&P Memories! šŸŽ (Challenge Finished)

My best memory is from when I started July 2019. I bought some gems and got Lianna, Grimm and Boldtusk, I tried the portal again and got Gafar and Seshat as a bonus. A few days later I tried again and got a second Seshat. I was thinking it was easy to get good heroes, but I learned that it is not so.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing this darn game for over two years now! Whatā€™s up with that?

There are so many great memories.

in-game:
My first HOTM after two months (what the heck is that?).
My first alliance war and actually getting a couple one-shots.
The first time I passed 2600 cups (to instantly drop 450 in a few hours)

in-forum:
Discovering the RCT and reading ā€œjust one more postā€ until it was 3am on a workday
Reading @Garanwynā€™s excellent posts on strategy and probabilities (man I miss him)
Getting my first ever like from @Brobb!

But I think the absolute best was chatting with my alliance mates and discovering just how worldwide we were. Weā€™d become friends because of the game and we were all across the spectrum, all around the world. That was amazing. It emphasizes the commonality of humanity, something we often lose track of.

6 Likes

Herzlichen Glueckwunsch!

Der beste Moment war der, wo ich den besonderen Humor erkannte. Auf die Aufforderung, etwas zu Essen zu besorgen, kommen als erstes ein paar Ratling-Krieger. Erinnerte mich an die Burger-Szene in ā€˜Demolition Manā€™ :slight_smile:

Congratulations!

moderator translation

The best moment was when I recognized the special humor. When asked to get something to eat, a few ratling warriors come first. Reminded me of the burger scene in ā€˜Demolition Manā€™

2 Likes

Happy birthday :beer::beers::hotdog:
Been playing a year as springvale was on when I first started. Been with one alliance now co-leader thanks to this place and people on here giving awesome information and spare time to make this game even better. so I can help new people in my alliance or on here.

3 Likes

My favorite moment was I got Mother North on single token pull.

3 Likes

I have a few Iā€™ve really enjoyed, passing the 3k and 4k defence team mark felt epic at the time. Completing my first legendary event as i remember watching the big people play it when I was nowhere near ready myself and thinking wow i canā€™t wait to do that too some day. Pulling Alberich was super, and just recently Tyr and Sif together in a pull was epic. So many great memories here and hopefully many more to come. Love this game!

3 Likes

I haveany good memories from this game, but I think my favorite was my first event top 10 finish, is July of last year, getting in at the 10th spot, only 36 points ahead of the next player! Events are definitely stressful at the top, but also very rewarding when youā€™re able to rank where you want.

Iā€™ve also shared some very special moments with alliance mates, from beating very tough teams in wars to just having a good time and joking around.

4 Likes

Game memories.
There are so many.
My first hotm.
The first time I stepped on the global top 100.
When I defeated the Dark Lord ā€¦
A special one when the mother of a member of the alliance died, that day we got a 9-star Titan Gallo dragon that was the maximum we had. I decided that titan had to fall, yes or yes. To be able to offer it in his honor. The whole alliance collaborated to kill him as quickly as possible, spending everything they had.

My most special memory in this forum.
Among so many laughs. I choose the first message I wrote, which was blocked for writing it in Spanish. I had a long and constructive private discussion with a moderator. @Rook you proved to be patient. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

My son was diagnosed with autism at an early age. Heā€™s a young adult now, and gaming has been an important part of his life. Iā€™ve always encouraged his gaming as I saw far more benefits than detriments, and would commonly watch him play. He would sometimes ask me to play a game with him, but heā€™d quickly get frustrated because I couldnā€™t keep up with him. :slight_smile:

A year ago, I stumbled upon this game and thought ā€œthis is a RPG that even I can play!ā€ I have been playing hard since.

About 4 months into playing, my son came for a visit. He asked what I was doing on my iPad because I was using it more frequently than before. I was so happy to share, and he was so impressed that I was established in a game! With an Alliance even! ā€œDo you talk in chat mom? When youā€™re in a group like that you have to do your part.ā€ He wanted to know the details of the game, had to look through all my hero cards, and was so excited to share connections to other games, movies and stories. ā€œMom, you have the monkey king! Thatā€™s awesome! Does he summons clones? No? Well, thatā€™s okay, his art is cool!ā€

In the moment, I was on the verge of tears because I had made a new connection with my son that I hadnā€™t even anticipated. Absolutely priceless!!

He joined the game for a short while but had a hard time getting time to participate in AW due to his work scheduleā€¦and he canā€™t stand for anything less than 100% game performance, lol. Now, every time he visits he wants an update and will patiently review all new hero cards. And heā€™ll confidently tell me, ā€œmom, youā€™re doing really good in your game, good for you.ā€ Words he has heard from me so many times. :blush:

16 Likes

Oh yeah, one other in-forum fave was that time a bunch of us copied @Kayoā€™s avatar :rofl:

4 Likes

Favorite Memories?

It has to be the best war that I ever had. Our alliance was at itā€™s lowest point, with only about 23 members and several of them away on summer vacations, so we only had about 17 people active in the war. I had unprecedented luck with all my 6 war-flags and netted a war-score over 600 pts. I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever see something like that again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gioco solo da pochi mesi ed i ricordi sono pochi ma belli :blush: In particolare, ricordo con piacere la prima guerra vintaā€¦una sensazione unica! Penso che giocherĆ² per sempre

Translation by Moderator (from Google). Reminder that posts on the Forum must be in English, except in the Foreign Language sections:

I have only been playing for a few months and the memories are few but beautiful :blush: In particular, I remember with pleasure the first war won ā€¦ a unique sensation! I think I will play forever

2 Likes

My favourite memory:
In previous anniversary I pulled Misandra from free Atlantis Coins

3 Likes

Iā€™ll never forget when I get Miki, who was HotM of august 2019. It was my 1st HotM (and only one till today) after playing E&P over 2 years. I hope someday Iā€™ll get another HotM playing this awesome game :wink:

3 Likes

In November I studied how to get top scores in Challenge Events and decided to give it a shot. Finished 543rd in Rare. Not bad for a FTP.

3 Likes

Favourite memories, since my sister suggested this game back in January 2019? A game that has garnered me many friends from around the world. My current alliance mates are from Colombia, Brazil, The Netherlands, India, Turkey, Croatia, Poland, Denmark, England, and the USA - just astounding :star_struck:. The comradearie around war times and defeating titans - priceless! Thanks SG!

My first and most memorable summons - I too thought the game was broken when there was a pause at the summoning gateā€¦ And I was blessed with Onatel. Still a favourite!

The most fun Iā€™ve had on the forum though was counting to 15, then to 20 to beat the mods - thanks @zephyr1 @littleKAF, who volunteered to be a pseudo-mod at the time, and @Rook especially for keeping up. Didnā€™t know threads closed automatically at 10,000.

And, I canā€™t forget debating who is the best hero and trying to sway voters. Although Gravy won, Iā€™d still prefer MN, just saying and I even recruited a team mate arguing that point, @Starlynk :wink:.

Then of course there are sooo many regulars on the forum I bump into all the time. Thank you, thank you - you all make this place better :heart:.

6 Likes

Happy birthday E & P! My favorite memory was doing my first 10x pull on a seasonal summons and getting my first 4* and 5* heroes back to back, Sabina and Mother North!

1 Like

I was so hoping for an excuse to tell this without being off-topic. Brace yourselves people cause Iā€™m making the short story long. :sunglasses:
This is about how I get my first four and five star heroes. I started to play in july 2019, hoping for a game that could quept me entertained for a couple of months or so. I was so casual back then, and decided to kill the time making an all female team (I was planning to beat the game with a 2ā˜† rainbow team, and of course Bane, that was a male, but mind the 3ā˜†).
Then, a fated day, a green chest appeared in my screen ā€œDefeat green enemys to get great rewardsā€. "Great rewards, how many grey tokens and common herbs would that beā€¦"I though :thinking: I rushed through green elite enemys and finally, opened the chest. I only saw the golden token, nothing else mattered. ā€œHoly shā€¦, an epic summon, I will get another 3ā˜†!!!ā€ Then, I pulled, and Gafar came out (note that by the time I was not concious of the existence of seasonal events and heroes). I though to myself: "Crapp. He is a boy. And I donā€™t like this statue like decolored desings. And he is a bad copy of a Disney villain, even the name is so similar. Iā€™m not using him. Wait. How many stars are this. One, two, three, fourā€¦ Well, I should not be sexist even in a game. And we should respect elderly, shouldnā€™t us?
Then, I reached province 15, and season II. I was planning to completly ignore it until finishing season I (lets keep an order). And then Atlantis portal appeared. ā€œWait, I can summon in this portal with 100 coins instead of 300 gems? And all the stages of the map give coins the first time? Letā€™s be reasonable, there is no way I will be able to play enough to reach 100 coins before the portal closes. There is no need to rush it, coins ainā€™t escaping man.ā€ Many more hours killing parrots than those Iā€™m disposed to confess laterā€¦ ā€œ100 coins, I did it on time. :hot_face: Letā€™s see the heroes first. Ugg, bad desings, so many fishes, but the one I like the less is that tasteless Bruce Lee copy. Lukily the normal heroes are here too.ā€ Summoning noises. "Crapp, I get the dumbbest loking hero, hello Bruce. Drake Fong, speaking of silly names. He is yellow, letā€™s see if he is any better than Bane. Wait, he is a 4ā˜†!! Counting: one, two, three, fourā€¦ five? No way. One, two, three, four, five! Drake, Drake my menā€¦ Where have you been all this time, brother in arms? We missed you old pal. A beer for my friend!
And thats the story. I have made it too long to be read, sorry, but thatā€™s how it happened.

4 Likes

I think I readed you telling this story on another post, and was like ā€œGafar was my first too!ā€, but the toppic was too old to answer.

2 Likes

@Otherpeter How attentive. :sweat_smile: Youā€™re right:
šŸŒ“ Sand Empire 2019: Gafar ā€“ Thoughts & Discussion - #2 by Ituri

1 Like