3rd Anniversary Forum Challenge - Share Your E&P Memories! šŸŽ (Challenge Finished)

Happy birthday Empires and Puzzles!
When I was a few months into the game and didnā€™t have many 4 star heroes. The Christmas event came, I had been on a bad streak, as well I was struggling to beat the battle where the rewards were the Mother North avatar and an epic hero token. After a massive struggle where it appeared I was going to lose to Buddy and Santa, I felt that if I fired the remainder of my arrows and axes I might be able to finish Buddy, and then would have a chance at Santa, which is what I did, soon after I took out Buddy then was able to take out Santa. After the fight I summoned with the token I received I got Buddy. It was my best Empires and Puzzles moment and made for a merrier Christmas. It was cool to have an epic battle then win an epic prize.

4 Likes

HI!! My name is Jackie!! I am team lead of absolutely fabulous and I have been playing this game for quite some time now LOL probably pretty close to the three years I think I started in Juneā€¦ just a few minutes after the game opened. I have so many memories with this game I mean like Iā€™m what people referred to as an empire addict, lol. If you spoke to anyone who knows me from my teammates to friends and family in real life even my preacher at church ā€¦ :sweat_smile::joy: everyone could tell you stories about me going through with Withdraws when I couldnā€™t login because of lack of Wi-Fi or because I was at some kind of thing where I Couldnā€™t be on my phone or because of a glitch in the system where I physically could not login!! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: Donā€™t give me wrong I donā€™t know everything there is to know about Empire far from that but I am definitely a people person and I definitely have a lots and lots of love for my team and for this game!
while playing this game I have grown as an individual like seriously this game has made me a better person in some ways and in others itā€™s my addiction and is probably a bad thing LOL. There have been so many laughs and so many tears there has been friendships and family made here and there have been break ups! Some people jokingly call e&p puzzles and Tumblr.
there are so many things I can tell you about my time here on empire things to make you laugh, things to make you cry, and things to make you swoon. I donā€™t even know where to start!! I guess I could tell you a little bit of everything because itā€™s face it Empire. is life and life is full of ups and downs itā€™s scary itā€™s exciting full of smiles and sadness.
In the beginning: I wonā€™t lie to you when I very first downloaded Empires & Puzzles I wasnā€™t particularly a fan and I even quit playing for a little while and got kicked out of whatever team it was I had joined. Then when I started to play again there was a young boy in global chat and he was upset because he felt like no one wanted to join his team because he was only like 11 or 12 at the time. I joined. And OMG !!! Let me tell you what I am so glad I did!!! I met some of the most amazing sweet wonderful helpful generous absolutely perfect people youā€™ve ever met in your life instantly I felt like family like really like I felt like any one of them can walk in my front door at any time and join my family for dinner! Like an instant connection I will never forget how warm inviting accepting and loving they were! It truly was a feeling of walking in to grandmas house for a family event! :heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::kissing_heart:
as our alliance crew we branched into two alliances, sister alliances. the first was dragons of death (Dod) the second was dragons ash. (Da) I remember being so scared I didnā€™t want to leave but of course they were so helpful and supportive and loving and encouraging and eventually I followed half of our team over to DA. There we kept contact with our other half by using an outside server called Discord for communication. Stone (I call him boss) was the one who got us together on discord. Then we grew and team dad: Gand. Heā€™s amazing!! Heā€™s smart and funny! he can lift you out of any slump!! He left! It was hard and he took wompmachine (king) with him! But thanks To discard we were able to stay connected! :heartpulse: after about a month wonā€™t came to get me he told me about another team that he was helping to grow and they were our new sister lights I followed him there to help him grow the team and to train! Well this process continued until one day there was a disagreement, I wonā€™t lie, it was a jealousy issue! And the team split but still many of us kept connection through Discord! Then one day the most scariest thing ever happened!!!
our lead had a tantrum and LEFT US!!! We suddenly had a mean stranger for a lead!! Someone that had not been with us for even 2day!! And things got worse!!! There was complete chaos!!! Then when all hope seem lost when it seems like we would split 1 million different ways and never see each other againā€¦ Notnow (hero) came in from the nosebleed section LOL and just like some kind of magic made everything so smooth from under the table the next thing we knew what was going on I was made lead!! thatā€™s right me team lead!! OMG talk about a panic attack!!! You know I had to call Team dad!! How could I not?! Well it lasted a week!!! ā€¦
Then dad made me my own alliance!! He picked our flag he wrote our first banner he wrote our description he named it and he made it absolutely fabulous and he said that he named it after me because I am absolutely fabulous and you better believe I had a meltdown I was so excited that he did that just for me but I was positively terrified of going out and branching out on my own!!! this is where the story gets emotional for me
So again made absolutely fabulous and he tells me to go there and he will make me leave and you better believe I was crying and hyperventilating and vomiting and like your name it! :sweat_smile: I couldnā€™t imagine leaving the team behind!! But you know it in so many ways I didnā€™t have to!!! I remember jolly stomper, he left the team we were in first and he said he was going there I was so scared I thought for sure he would just randomly leave and join some other team!! But he didnā€™t!! He was the first member of absolutely fabulous! :heart: When I join shortly later dad side the team over to me jolly said that the room was safe and that it would always be easy but he would keep it safe for me no one could ever hurt me hereā€¦ it has been a long day and he told me to go to bed but I was afraid that I would wake up and he would be gone. I was sooooo scared!! But when I logged in 11!! Yeah!! 11! Of my team mates from red white and glue followed and joined me in absolutely fabulous!! Can you believe that!!! 11!!! We have continued to grow and expand and love and now we have 16 sister teams!!! And I hear a New merger is in works! Iā€™m Excited to see what shall come!!
Some of my favorite memories:
In Dod: gand went to visit a sister team and our leader got frustrated and called Gand a birch. We still laugh and talk about this! And when womp gave me the nickname goddess (thus Goddess Jackie was born. :laughing:)
in DA: Joel is our fireman, he showed us his good luck tigger! It was AWSOME!! And Gand got everyone to tell yo mama jokes!!
DHS: Boss said I was queen of the castle and I could stay forever! :revolving_hearts:
RW&N: sooo many here!! ā€¦ when I empire married kind womp! Officially making me Queen of the dragons! :laughing: marrying jolly! (Woo I always wanted to be a polyandrist!!!:joy::joy::joy:) The first time Roe truly talked to me! The first time I filled the room recruiting!
Red white and glue: getting the nick names lullaby and dove. ( details Iā€™m not going into but itā€™s special.)
Absolutely Fabulous: omg where to start?!! Lol. My favorite memory thus far in here, I have to say wasā€¦ founding day. Having mvp there and what he saidā€¦ but there are so many AMAZING memories!! Like when a dozen of my mates change their name to include Jackie so there was a bunch of basically got a shaggyā€™s floating around in global chat it was hilarious and we filled up our room and emptied it so quickly LOL I swear that was like the best night ever there was go to Sharkeys everywhere LOL the names were spelled slightly differently or they had part of their original name and several people actually got stuck like that because they didnā€™t have enough gems to change their names back!!! :joy::sweat_smile::rofl::joy::rofl::sweat_smile: it was AWSOME!!! Or for Easter when we all had squire wabbit avatars!!
ā€¦
I admit though not every memory brings back joy and laughter and smiles some memories bring back tears summaries bring back hurting and heart achesā€¦ ā€¦
I remember When sy Had a heart attack and a few months later when his brother had a really bad Car accident I remember when MVP moved on to another team I remember when Roe suddenly left without notice I remember the first time Gand went to another team!! I remember when RW&N split and some teammates were so hateful! :sob:
But Through all the tears and pain through all the laughter through the silence do the fighting through the joys do the roller coaster that is life one thing is for sure I will never ever ever turn away from Empire as long as the doors are open I will be here and I will be the leader of absolutely fabulous for as long as I can physically play and probably long after LOL.
I have sent many of my yearā€™s Christmas cards and even birthday cards, some of my teammates I have sang to sleep!! I have met some in person and some we have plans to meet in person many of them have my cell phone number and we talk on the phone quite often. We are a FAMILY!!! And like any family we stick together through thick and thin even though sometimes itā€™s hard to love one another you donā€™t turning your back on each other and honestly I wouldnā€™t trade them for the world and I canā€™t wait until we all retire together :revolving_hearts::sparkling_heart::heartpulse::crazy_face::grin::+1:
Thank you small giant for empire and puzzles!! It truly is my heart and soul!! You can ask anyone I know. Lol! From the bottom of my heart! Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

So many things to happen.

Playing for one and a half year now (started out September 2018 -Khiona was Hotm, then Aegir) mostly I remembered things when it was ā€œthe first timeā€

Here are my ā€œfirst time memoriesā€

• first 3* Carver from daily summons after around 2 weeks of playing ā€¦super happy, didnā€™t know that 3*'s were available
  • first 4* Sabina from epic summons within first month ā€¦ got her as my main healerā€¦she helped a lot and I have never her gotten since
  • first Atlantis 4* hero Danzaburo december 2018
  • first finishing events rare and epic and rare item quest
  • first 4* hero at TC 13 Tiburtus january 2019
  • first 5* hero Guardian owl at Guardians event march 2019
  • first completing last stage of class trials
  • first 5* hero at TC 20 Khagan may 2019
  • first Hotm at Atlantis Athena july 2019
  • first finishing legendary stage at event june/july 2019
  • first maxed 5* Khagan september 2019
  • first (and only) bonus draw Kingston october 2019
  • first entering for a longer time diamond league november 2019
  • first costume Sonya and first 4* fully maxed with emblems november/december 2019
  • first maxed 5* rainbow team december 2019
  • first time reaching top 100 february 2020

There will be some more I guess.

But there is still one special thing. My wife and me were playing in an alliance together and we did an alliance meeting. We were around 12 people and had a fun weekend together from all over Germanyā€¦talking about the game and other stuff and got to know each other better. It was just great. So this game connects people as a hobby.

5 Likes

I have a lot of good memories related to this game. In this time, I have had a daughter. Sometimes I let my baby daughter and my wife to do the pulls but they mostly dawas and ulmers.

One of my Best memories related to the Game was one war that our aliance was winning for a couple of points. We didnā€™t have more attacks and our opponents had 3 attacks left. With one attacks our opponents could have win that war and an hour remained. That was a really tense hour.

Luckily they didnā€™t Connect. We celebrated and have some fun about It :).

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing this game for more than 18 months now.

Besides the varieties the game offers, the different types of playing, the best memory is the day when I found my alliance. We became a family. We are always here for each other. We talk daily and with time we became really close. Thatā€™s one of the best things this game offers. Friends who become your family.

4 Likes

This is a tough one. Iā€™ve had quite a few good memories of this game - from lucky summons, to getting good advice on the forums, to wonderful interactions with alliance mates, to finally breaking into Diamond arena or completing a challenge event.

One stands out thoughā€¦

Alliance War with my tiny 3-man alliance. Mine was the last flag, and we were VERY close in score to the enemy alliance. They had used all their flags, so if I could win my last attack, we would win.

Except I had almost no bench left. New to the game, with barely 30 usable heroes.

I picked the most promising target: an enemy with only a surviving Li Xiu and Sabina in the wings.

I knew about color-stacking and mono, and it was a Field Aid war, so I decided to mono-Purple. Alas, I had used all my 4* and 5* Purples, so it was down to the 3*s.

Balthazar for sniping. Chochin for mana control. Gill-Ra for the defense reduction. Oberon for poison damage (and I had already used Tyrum for the dispel). and finallyā€¦ hey, it was a field aid war (and my only other Purples remaining were Renfeld and Priscaā€¦) VLAD.

So, off we go. Had never done mono in a raid/war before (only farming in stage 7-4 and 8-7), so Iā€™m sweating. What if the board is bad? Ah, no matches yet. Letā€™s fiddle aroundā€¦ get these Red tiles out of the wayā€¦ Whew, finally a match. Ghost them up. Another match - under Sabina. Meh. Letā€™s take a riskā€¦ ah. Another match. Oh but wait, Sabina is about to heal. I fire my fasties, Balthy and Vlad. She doesnā€™t dieā€¦ but at least I steal some healing. Field aid. More healing stolen.

Letā€™s ghost some moreā€¦ Sabinaā€™s been weakened, so I target her. Gill-Ra for defense reduction. Oberon goesā€¦ dang, Sabina is still alive. Chochin for the kill. Would have preferred to use Choch on Li, but I figure itā€™s best to take a weakened hero down for sure. And I had recently lost another war attack on a corner Sabina, so I wasnā€™t looking to make that mistake again. Plus, my mono is the strong color against Li, so she should be easierā€¦ right?

Ghost some more. My teamā€™s in OK shape, though the slash attacks have taken their toll. Vlad and Balthy charge up again. I look at Li. Yikes. Sheā€™s getting close to full mana. Do I have time for Gill-Ra to charge? Maybe, maybe not. Probably not. I start to sweatā€¦ I fire Vlad and Balthy. Dang. Li still has about 1/3 health leftā€¦

Not many Purples left on the board. I start to panic, frantically making matches to bring the Purple tiles together. If I can charge Chochin upā€¦

Field aid. Oh, man! Liā€™s health goes up - though Vlad steals some of it. Whew.

Oh dang. Only available match will set a tile under Li. @&!(!*. I donā€™t have a choiceā€¦

and there it goes. Liā€™s mana is maxed. She firesā€¦

Gill-Ra, Chochin, Balthy and Oberon go DOWN.

But Vladā€¦ Vladā€¦ Vlad, with his health steal and humongous HP stat to begin withā€¦

Vlad SURVIVES. With more than half health left.

Moley!

That last move brought a few Purple tiles around. Come on, RNG and horrible spacial/motor skillsā€¦

Another match. Then another. A replacement Purple tile finally shows up. Zing! Vlad charges and bites Li again. And the replacement tiles are 2 Purples! Field aidā€¦ fine, Vlad steals most of it. I wipe my forehard. Will mono win this time?

One more match - this time under Liā€¦

AND SHE GOES DOWN!

I throw my hands up in celebration.

And that is how Vlad won my alliance a war.

11 Likes

My favorite memory was drawing my first five star hero, zimkitha, on a bonus draw, seven months into playing the game. I nearly jumped out of my chair. I still use her frequently.

3 Likes

Love this story 20 characters worth

2 Likes

Thank you! So kind of you to say :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have had great memories, but the most special one will always be a disconnect. What?
After about 300 days of play I did a summon. I canā€™t even remember if it was with an EHT or gems. I did the summon and the game froze. Boooooo.
I restarted the game and I got an Ulmerā€¦ and an Aegir was just sitting there. I was overjoyed. Even though the forums claimed he was garbage, I got the 1 hero I realy wanted. I loved his design, I loved his lifesteal effect. Then he got buffed a couple of months later and now heā€™s realy good, especialy against titans and tougher quest/event stages. It is still the only 5* hero I have ever summoned (thank god for TK20) and still my favourite hero.

1 Like

That was epic! Well done.

And Vlad no less :rofl:

2 Likes

One of my favorite memories was getting Richard through level 20 training camp. I proudly showed him off to my husband, who doesnā€™t play E&P, but we were having fun making references to Richard Bucket from the British sitcom, ā€œKeeping Up Appearances.ā€ The thing that cracked me up was when he ended on a quote from Hellboy (2004), saying, ā€œLook at the size of that whammer!ā€ :joy:

2 Likes

LOL ā€œThe Boo-kay residence. The Lady of the house speaking.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™d say a memory of mine that worked out. I was new to the game and gravemaker was the hotm. I just thought he looked awesome. I thought man I gotta get this guy. 3 Ten pulls later boom there he is! Awesome, happy dance. 3 months later, mind you he isnā€™t finished yet, I learn he is very fast. Hm this is awesome. So After working on other heroā€™s first and actually learning how the game works I figured out I had a gem in this guy. Man oh man did I feel lucky, happy, and stupid all at once. Lol

2 Likes

So great to read all these memories! I bet E&P staff is going to have a hard time chosing a winner. As I already have posted mine, just to comment I have finally entered the diamond arenaā€¦ for 5 seconds. Hahaha
Time enough to get a diamond reward. I am so proud of my speed at claiming rewards!

2 Likes

I pulled a Kunchen once. Itā€™s my only bonus draw. Towards the end of February last year, no tokens or coins had worked, so I did a 10 pull. Very last day of the month, 9 nothings, and then a 10th, with a Kunchen.

I remember thinking, the February HOTM would be a good 5* healer, and being C2P that probably wonā€™t fill. Iā€™ve since pulled Ariel, Alberich, and Viv on single pulls. Suppose thereā€™s worse problems.

3 Likes

Two of our alliance members are getting married in April and we had a virtual bachelor and bachelorette parties via our Line group. It seems like the silliest thing ever but at least half our alliance was involved. 1200 messages laterā€¦ We lost war the next day due to massive hangovers but well worth it! :laughing:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve shared elsewhere I here how I did not want to join a game with a community. I wanted something simple that I could play in my own after playing another alliance based game. And here I am now.

It seems like Iā€™ve played this game in phases. At first I was in the learning the game phase. Then I was I. The alliance phase to play titans but was in a fairly quiet alliance on purpose. Then I was in a growth phase - to this day I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever beat a 4* titan as my first alliance couldnā€™t get there and the new one was on 5*.

This forum was new to me - Iā€™ve never been part of a forum before. My anniversary date should probably be about 3 months earlier. I went to sign up a few times but never got the email. Oh I knew it was probably with spam but never looked. One day, I did.

And here I am. Not only recognized on the forum but a mod who has been recognized by staff. Truth be told, I was interested in wing a mod even though I never said I was - seemed like youā€™re not supposed to say and wait to see if youā€™re invited. Thatā€™s actually a character flaw of mine and Iā€™ve missed out on stuff having not wanting to invite myself (when in many cases people asked why I didnā€™t go somewhere and they laughed at me when I said I wasnā€™t invited).

So here is a memory of mine. When invited to mod, I was invited for a chat with @Petri and @KiraSG. I recognize Petri from the forum, but didnā€™t realize how involved Kira was until then. Also, I never knew if you pronounced his name pee-tree or peh-tree. @Duaneski posted a video once where he called him pee-tree so I figured that was that. Well, I never asked in the call but heard him called to by name from Kira so I now know how to pronounce @Petri. So thatā€™s my moment Iā€™ll share. :relaxed:

And yes, Iā€™m enjoying the phase of the game Iā€™m currently in, which is highly tied to the forum and my role as a mod. I hope to continue to help out here and appreciate everyoneā€™s patience when I screw up. :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

9 Likes

Iā€™m not interested in birthday award I started when u started phone crashed had to start again was a member of a great alliance and the leader decided to quit and the team nominated me to b leader I am not a gamer so this responsibility I took seriously I didnā€™t want the position but they believed in my values I had 5 5 star teams before the emblems came to b and well I had the charger for the phone broke so I had a choice and I chose to start all over again for the third time lol but at least this time I remember my password what has brought me back has always been the people yes Iā€™m selective but they r good people even in general chat I will say this in all honesty if it wasnā€™t for this game I wouldnā€™t b playing anything this phone is for work and my family thatā€™s it

2 Likes

So now Iā€™m a member of a new alliance and u might ask why 3 times because of the people the members r understanding compassionate yet still want to play and exceed and they want u to succeed as well that is important to me so if crap happens again Iā€™ll start over again

1 Like