3* herd management

A recent thread personally focussed thread covered the topic Thinning the 3* herd.

What are your recommendations in relation to the full range of 3*s.
Obviously you can respond in any way you want but a scale that might be used could be:
S develop more than one,
A develop high priority,
B develop lower priority,
C keep, start by just feeding duplicates of the same type but otherwise leave for later development,
D use as feeders for other heroes.
(all other comments welcome).

A
Aderyn
Agnes
An-Windr
Arman
Azar.tc
B
Balthazar.tc
Bane.tc
Bauchan
Belith.tc
Berden.tc
Bertulf
Bjorn
Brienne.tc
By-Ulf
C
Candy
Carver.tc
Chick Jr
Chochin
D
Dawa.tc
Dölgöön
E
Edd
Ei-Dunn
F
Friar Tuck.tc
Frosty
G
Gan Ju.tc
Gato
Gill-Ra
Gnomer
Gramps
Graymane.tc
Grevle
Guardian Bat
Guardian Lemur
Gunnar.tc
H
Hawkmoon.tc
Helo
Hisan
I
Isshtak.tc
J
Jack
Jahangir.tc
Jarvur
K
Kailani.tc
Karil.tc
Kornel
Kvasir
M
Maeve
Melia
Mnesseus
Morris
Muggy
N
Namahage
Nashgar.tc
Nordri
Noril
O
Oberon.tc
P
Phoenicus
Pixie
Poppy
Prisca.tc
R
Renfeld.tc
Rudolph
S
Sally
Shrubbear
Skrekok
Squire Wabbit
Sudri
T
Treevil
Tyrum.tc
U
Ulmer.tc
V
Valen.tc
Vlad
Vodnik
Vollermork
W
Whacker

1 Like

Completely depends on your style of play. For example, i really live and die by playing mono. So for 3* tournaments with a red tank i run

Frosty-cGunnar–Nordri–Gato-Chick

This team is ok with rush, buff and heck even bloody since frosty’s minions pseudo heals so i do not keep any other blue 3* and have fed them all away

Other colors i keep it trimmed to 6-8 only. And I understand that playing mono has its shortcomings but this is how i have decided (and quite frankly enjoyed) to play the game. :grinning:

4 Likes

I could only tell you who I’d put into category “D” - feeders. However keep in mind that I also keep copies of the more useful 3* s. If you don’t, then you may reconsider some of the snipers I listed below:

An-Windr
Arman
By-Ulf
Chochin
Ei-Dunn
Gan Ju
Gill-Ra
Gnomer
Graymane
Guardian Bat
Guardian Lemur
Hisan
Morris
Prisca
Vlad
Vodnik
Vollermork

3 Likes

I keep one copy of each 3 star. Mainly because you never know when they are going to be “balanced” with a buff ie Edd and Shrekok….
I have played this game for 3 years and time changes everything. As an example, in the early days, players levelled two copies of Gato or Chick Jr or Berden etc. but then come the new heroes and costumes etc etc and those duplcates can and do become redundant …
So nothing stands still what is good today becomes mediocre following the next new “release” …. Just look at Treevil now lol.
Just my two pennies worth

PS: I didn’t keep An-Winder, Gan Ju, Graymane, Morris, Prisca, Vollermork or Dawa.
And to be honest the plain S1 x 3* are easy to obtain so no real need to keep any of them in your roster if you don’t need them or use them

2 Likes

100% agree with this. I too keep a copy of every unique 3* I’ve ever pulled. Except for C-Dawa, C-Prisca, C-Graymane, and now classic Gan Ju - all originally S1 (I don’t consider costumes as S1).

1 Like

@Saros Chochin hits 3 enemies.

Just sayin’

1 Like

Legit saw the heroes listed in alphabetical order and thought it was trying to be a catalog and not like… “who to keep, who to feed” kinda thread.

S1 heroes, any that you happen to get a costume for, keep at least one copy of and debate whether the base or costume is worth using. Even Oberon, whose costume, imo, is superior for having uncleansable poison. non-S1 heroes, by default, are better, but it’s up to what you’re looking for/are missing for certain situations. (i.e. a lot of the healers should be kept)

1 Like

@Sosiana
I like my Chochin and have levelled he and still use her

2 Likes

I’m well aware. He also has very low attack stat, average mana generation and his other stats aren’t great either. By the time he charges and fires on the offensive, his mana delay effect usually doesn’t matter. Unless it’s something like tomorrow’s tournament - 3* rush no yellow - he’s useless most of the time IMO. And even for tomorrow’s tournament there are far better choices than him.

@Saros sorry, I thought you’d included him in a list of snipers, that was my only point. (“Sniper” means hits one enemy, right? I’m still getting used to the game terminology.) And, I wish I had a better choice! He works okay for me as follow up to Maeve but I’m no great fan.

I remember trying to run 3 namahages at a time… since then, i have fed all copies to other red 3*s

3 Likes