2nd Aethers Discussion (Poll)

:warning: Mod edit: Do not post Beta images.
Even it is just an image of 5952 Team Power without any heroes on it.

1 Like

Hmm, 5952 is a very high TP, but I have no doubts it was possible in Beta.

We will get to 6000+ this year for sure it seems.

1 Like

6k??? How many of us have even been able to hit 5k?

I want to enjoy this game, but SG seems determined to make sure it doesn’t happen.

2 Likes

LB2 being a thing (and honestly LB3/4 a year or two down the line) was inevitable as soon as LB1 was introduced.

What worries me is the following:

1. How fast will the LB2 items hit the playing field and how much will paying for them accelerate the process.

2. How large will the power discrepancy be between LB0 and LB2 units.

I just hope everyone gets their first 5 LB2 heroes at roughly the same time just by being active in the game (before paid offers arrive).

As for the second point, the numbers on beta are already very concerning. When a LB0+20 sniper, sans buffs or debuffs on either side, does less than half HP damage on a LB2 target, that’s probably going to ruin the offense-defense balance of the game.

3 Likes

So if say Alucard has vampric embrace . Dose it last just 6 rounds ? Is it forever . How do the non taunt skills last or work ?

If it’s for real my times of spending are gone. I cannot have new heroes having a crappy rooster waiting to be updated

Someone from beta testers should try to explain to SG that needing to do a second LB for a hero to be usable really discourages from summoning new heroes.

2 Likes

Oh my… If only you could read the comments from Beta Testers. No one thinks it’s a good idea - so not sure who the someone you think would add anything to the honest feedback we’ve already given :thinking:.

14 Likes

I know. But you must make clear to developers that working on second LB, which gives such a great edge compared to first LB or non LB heroes, with a currently presented model of aquiring alpha aethers is probably good commercially from aethers point of view but in the short and long run will severely cut revenues for heroes and I doubt many players will chase aethers instead, just to see their heroes become obsolete in time. This must be made clear to developers

1 Like

FWIW SG are blessed to have a number of intelligent Beta Testers who give their time and honest feedback when they introduce new initiatives. Regardless of the overwhelming negative feedback on a 2nd aether, at the end of the day, SG will do what they want to do… And more players will make the decision to leave.

They’re taking applications for new beta testers…

https://forum.smallgiantgames.com/t/apply-now-for-empires-puzzles-beta-program-form-open/264169

Perhaps you’ll succeed where we’re obviously failing. :disappointed_relieved:

11 Likes

Thank you to all our beta testers. What an unrewarding job you have, talking to a wall every day, trying to get through to SG.

How this game continues to have beta testers is a mystery to me. I see no appeal in it at all anymore.

How this game continues to have such devoted forum moderators, that are not even getting paid, is beyond me.

Despicable and distasteful.

:loudspeaker: SG? Is this thing on?

Why can’t we just have nice, positive things?
Buffs to older heroes?
QoL update to Alchemy Lab?
Simple things like that?

Come on now!

12 Likes

Personally, I don’t see any pleasure or advantage, they only deepen the overflow that and how it is present in the game, whether you are F2P or P2P. You will do 2nd LB on several heroes but also your opponents will do the same so I don’t see any advantage. I didn’t even like the first LB. This is just crazy and not necessary. What are your opinions. But when the playerbase don’t react I wouldn’t be surprised to see level 100 heroes till 2024. They are slowly but surely destroying the game. I miss E&P 2017-2020

6 Likes

It reality it is huge.
Taking a team of emblemed heros without limit breaks against LB2 team is not worth the time.
Defenses are now monster hit all pitas that require the use of the same against them really. If you get your color, you need to kill the other side.
You will not kill them if you haven’t LB’d to the first tier. You need limit broken heroes. And I do not mean limit broken 4*s. They can’t be used until you have taken them to lb2. And even then…Good luck

Think you’ll keep the playerbase longer if you overwhelm them more? I don’t think so. This is the stupidest idea ever! Is there a way to change their minds? I don’t think so, despite the fact that 99% on this forum is against this nonsense and voted “very negative”!

3 Likes

I can guarantee that the Execs have seen the feedback.

What they are asking now is how angry is everyone really??

And of those who are livid, incandescent with rage, how many of those actually people pay money?

Because releasing the next batch of Aethers is a given already…we will go all the way to 100 after all.

What we have to understand is how they will be released….and what the heroes look like who’ve had 10 Alpha aethers spent on them.

Honestly I don’t see the release changing. And we will all need to make our peace with it or leave.

2 Likes

I think it’s the end of the game!!! I’m registering just for give my opinion because it’s unbelievable to create this ■■■■■■■■, SG don’t think about players, they just think about ■■■■■■■ money, i put more 8000£ in 4 years, it’s enough, they go to far!

1 Like

This will be the end for me and im kind of glad as i spend too much on this game i just needed that smack to break the addiction this should be it !!

6 Likes

Happy to note here that Apple/Google revenue for Jan 23 dropped to 15m from 17m in Dec. Assuming that the 2m decline is due to successful diverting to WS sales, due to better offers there, still suggests that overall revenue is static, not much growth.

At this rate, it looks like a full year loss for TT FYE 31/3/23. Unless other golden geese started laying eggs, turning that possibly to a full break even. Or TB and the other 2 current golden geese “surprising” Zynga with outstanding results in 4th QE 31/3/23.

Otherwise, it does look like Zynga will push ahead with 2LB, with no delay, to push revenue streams coming in from their current top grossing game.

I don’t see an immediate backlash when 2LB is released in a few months time. Entire population is not aware. Forum readers, and those who are updated in private group chats => at best 50%, and this is a positive guess.

Say 2LB is released in May (V58). Some May exit immediately in protest. Unless this group are 100% whales, the impact on revenue is minimal.

My guess is more will wait for 2LB to be released first, assess the impact as game balance deteriorates further and faster, even with Zynga frantically “balancing” here and there (assuming that they will try to rebalance).

Deeper impact from players exiting will be felt probably 2-3 or maybe even 6 months after 2LB is released (say end 2023).

Those Alpha aethers are not as easy to gather compared to basic aethers, based on beta. This will slow down the expected game imbalance, give “bored” players something to work on and most importantly: crank in more revenue for Zynga in the meantime.

Will Zynga reduce pricing for Alpha aethers? Maybe or maybe they won’t, using price as another way to slow down the expected game imbalance.

This 2LB will go ahead for sure. How it pans out, no one knows for sure.

3 Likes

I have pretty deep roster and don’t see myself pulling for new heroes except costume chamber for at least 2 years if they release aethers as is. I will slowly grind and max my existing heroes and won’t consider pulling for new ones.
I don’t care about power difference in p20/C2P/f2p because you mostly get matched against your own power level.
Surely, I won’t go all in aether portal

these are really boring.

1 Like