2nd Aethers Discussion (Poll)

Limitless greed above all. And we are the clowns!

2 Likes

A pic is worth 20 characters

This is the future of E&P…A future where you need a credit card for the game to still be fun.

4 Likes

Hasn’t that been the case? With all new shiny heroes? New troops being maxed immediately? Emblems? LB1 aethers? It’s been years and the same song has sang every time they’ve released a new thing.

1 Like

one option is to cup drop and aim very very very low… I’m enjoying the game more since I started cup dropping and focusing on PvE (map stages, quests) instead of raids and wars :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the divide between a casual player and a whale has just increased even more so. If you dont run mono and get really lucky boards, your team will die in 4 moves.

The rule is clear: they only launch these bizarre greedy changes cause there are people who buy them. But not everyone has an infinite credit card…and it is on this wave that the balance goes to hell.

1 Like

Sure. They will monetize whatever they can as long as there are people willing to purchase them and spend obscene amounts of money.

But you don’t need a credit card with an “infinite” credit line to keep up. Or to spend at all. There are plenty of ways to stay competitive and enjoy the game without spending anything. There are plenty of players on the forum that have shown it is possible.

I spend less than $50/month. Last few months even less than that. I’ve never purchased LB1 aethers,ascension mats, nor emblems and don’t intend to now. Yet I’ve gotten enough LB1 aethers to have several from each color LB1’ed. I don’t imagine it being any different than with alpha aethers.

If you’re expecting to keep up with the joneses and keep that “balance” gap to minimum as a F2P or a C2P, then you’re just setting yourself up for frustration. It’s not a positive approach at all.

1 Like

More LB2s gives more advantage. But taking the right heroes is always going to be more important than just having strong heroes.

This is why my team with LB2 shrub and LB2 C Sabina can beat this very strong defense with 3 LB2 5* heroes that sits at 1000K TP above

As long as this is possible the game and competitiveness will live on at all levels

5 Likes

really something horrendous this found of theirs …

[image]

Congrats $nG. You got what you wanted with some semblance of balance

It is a very very negative point. Look, for countries where the currency is dolar or euro the players get the better of the game because with a little amount of money you can perform much better than players who’s country currency is neither of them. As a brazilian player (and there a lot of brazilian players) i have to expend 5 times more money than a player of Euro Zone or dolar-countries due the currency convertion. I saw a player with a +5.8k team, i asked myself "it is hard to beat a 5.4k team how i can beat such beast?’ its impossible.

One way is put on a restriction of only one hero with 2nd level break per team. This will put the game more fair for all players.

Also the summoning process need to have a urgent revision. Is very very disgusting summoning 5 times and coming home with 5 rare heroes.

Also, the algoritm favors high level players that expent a great amount of money, is this fair?! Is this the main concept of a entertainment game? Not for me.

At last, i want to say that i will stop to play soon if there are no serious changes in the game, and go back to play chess at lichess :wink:

Please explain how it does this

Look at players that are at level 85 or higher. Most of them have strong teams with the last heroes added to the game, sometimes with 2 or more of the same. Take a look to the last feature, the 2nd aether. In less than 2 days we have some players with +5.6k teams, others with +5.8k teams. We have to assume that earning the second aether is a summoning process: the player need to buy the cristals and go to the summoning portal. Looking into the summoning rates, the super alpha combo rate is 1% of chance to be earned, 1%, it says in other words that every 100 summons 1 of them will be the super alpha combo. How much money you have to expent with buying cristals?! and what lucky is earn aethers to break 5 heroes, right? No, it isn’t luck, is the algoritm. If that all is not an evidence that the algoritm of the game favours those players i dont know what can be.

1 Like

No reason to assume that.

You could get 10 from direct purchases.

You can some from various drops. I got one from an elemental chest.

Yes, but a 9% chance to get a single one. I got 2 from the 6 free pulls. @Saros is also FTP and he got the 5 from a lucky pull.

Well, it’s luck and money. If someone bought all the crystals they would have 550 in total (including the 60 free) which is 55 pulls. Someone with average luck would earn 7 to 8 from that.

So its pretty conceivable with average luck to have 3 5* heroes LB2d if you bought the deals and bought all the crystals and maybe had 1 or 2 drop from loot. If you had really good luck you could do 4. 5 is a real stretch but with millions of players I guess it is possible…

Sorry to burst your bubble but the summoning algorithm cares not if you are a heavy spender or not - you will get the same exact odds each time you try a pull. You know that some people have spend thousands of dollars on a single portal trying to chase certain heroes right?

3 Likes

What can i say after such brilliant advocacy of the SG handle of the game??
And please, didnt waste your precious time with me :wink:

You really can’t argue with someone that has 100% made up their mind.

Nothing in what I said advocated anything about SG’s handling of the game. I was just explaining how it was possible for some people to LB multiple 5* heroes. But you go on believing that the more you spend the better your odds. And ignore the many, many mid to high spenders that have gone cheap, FTP or quite due to not feeling that they get enough return on their monetary investments in this game.

2 Likes

Thank you :wink: have a nice day!

Why should anyone cup drop to continue to enjoy the game,
Is that not admitting that there is a problem with the lack of balance with the game or should we deny it and say it’s just a work around to a situation.

1 Like

:joy::joy: Yea. That’s how it works. People in the Dollar and Euro zones have spent just a little bit to have the latest and shiniest…and multiples of it. Not to mention, the algorithm also helps them level them faster and gives them such crazy good odds of getting ascension mats as well as LB1 and LB2 aethers.

Don’t even get me started on troops. Totally helps them get multiples of Magic and Styx troops to level 30….all because they live in Dollar and Euro zones and have only spent s tiny bit compared to those that live in countries like Brazil. :rofl: