šŸ”µ [29 March, 2020] Trials of Piety Teams ā€“ Share Yours & Discuss!

Tarlak, Hansel, Wilbur, White Bunny, Vivica

No trouble.

4 Likes

Same team as last time

Pretty bad boards this time, took quite a while to knock em all down, but with plenty of healing and protection it wasnā€™t too difficult keeping everyone healthy.

Emblems saved for later use, trainer to G. Panther who is now up to 4/60. Spent my last stock of Tabards to level her up, so Kunch and Ursena (both 2/60) will have to wait along with the other 16 dark 5* heroes.

4 Likes

Valeria, Joon, Boril, MN, Wilbur. Used a few dragon attacks because this is the ONLY time the good Friar is actually annoying (other than Summons or TC20)
1st 2 rounds are a breeze. Boss round slowed down due to the board and my not being more hitters to this encounter.
MN and her Minions did their job of making Borilā€™s riposte negligible. Wilbur helped make those tiles hurt a bit more. I tried to stagger my use of Boril and Wilbur until Joon has commuted suicide. Then it was over pretty quickly. Trainer is going to Mist as may well the emblems

5 Likes

As per usual it appears I have no good heroes for this. Mist appears to be a feature elsewhere in this thread but I did not use mine yet. So just the first 2 levels attempted (they were straightforward) and i have little confidence of passing the final stage except for a fantasy involving a yellow stack!!

2 Likes

What level are your heroes?

If the 4x 4* heroes are maxed you should make it through. Especially if you replace the items a little. Swap in Axes/Bombs for the Antidotes & take a second set of Mana Pots instead of the small health potions

Rigard +6, Boril +1(stripped for Mist), Li Xiu1 +9, Li Xiu2 +6 or I have a +6 Mist? (ā€˜+ā€™ refers to emblems)

Yup, I reckon you should manage fine, even without Mist & running double Li Xiu.

I would (as I said) change some of the battle items. Use the axes & arrows to blunt some attacks that may come your way. The Mana Pots I would use MAINLY to charge Rigard when needed. Swap Mnessues for Mist so you got a better Yellow Stack Going.

I would also stagger the Li Xiu attacks so that you can keep the boss mana lowered for longer.

2 Likes

Here is my team I used this time. I got a good board , I only used few potions in the end. Easy peasy!

1 Like

@Guvnor Mnesseus is definitely a weak link, but that dispel is so useful. But I can see the logic in your approach that if you use Mist effectively you can prevent them (mobs, bosses) charging, coupled with the Liā€™s mana down, and hopefully not need the dispel. Is that correct?
To those who ask why I have multiple Li Xiuā€™s? I didnā€™t have anything better and she is a reliable performer.

1 Like

Yeah pretty much. You can try going with Mnessus but I just think heā€™ll be more of a liability as youā€™ll be trying to protect/heal him all the timeā€¦

2 Likes

If you have Mist, I would switch Mnesseus for Mist.
With these 3 mana control, you are probably not going to need a debuffer, and if you can get rid of [enemy] boril first, that will help more.

Mist was incredible for me, I did also have Hansel x2, but even without them, Mist did amazing - plus you have 2x Li Xiu.

2 Likes

Here I am at the opening of the boss round. Everything is charged and good to go and yet minutes later (Boril got his riposte up!!) I had snatched defeat from the jaws of victoryā€¦ That damned mana shield protect thing!! Harpoons?

If you have dragon attack and carpet bombs, you can take 5 of each and use them at the bosses and they will almost kill them, then it should be easy enough to kill them all.

@notyou87 I have both of these things. Everything you can craft up to Hunters lodge lvl 1; when I am dumping food or iron, crafting is a great option to consume resources. But that opening to a boss level? I canā€™t see that happening again for a while and maybe if Vivica were even average that might work, in a 4,1 without Rigard, but she isnā€™t.

I really badly want those cleric emblems and if I had taken those mats the first time that would have been awesome. But I didnā€™t and that kind of opening to a boss stage just doesnā€™t happen all the time however hard you try. (I didnā€™t play yesterday and there are only a few hours left and it is 20 WE). I seriously gave harpoons real consideration!!

Dragon Attacks = 400 per attack (excluding DoT), so thatā€™s 400*5 = 2,000 damage to each Boss.
Similarly, the Bombs cause 300 per attack and again you can use 5, so thatā€™s 1,500 total. Just from those 10 items you have dealt 3,500 damage, each boss has 4,200 hp. so you need to survive for 700 damage on each - would try this approach if you can

If you have both Li Xiu + Mist charged ready, I think that will kill (or almost) them all. Just make sure you have the center boss selected when you use Mist and it will also buy you extra time before they all gain mana for their special

Edit:
I would probably put Mist as a flank to Boril, so he can help protect her a bit more since she does (or can) die easily.

3 Likes

My team this time:

• Wilbur +19
  • Leonidas 3^70
  • Chef Boldtusk +20
  • Li Xiu +20
  • Boril +20

Compared to last time, Wilbur claimed a stack of monk emblems, including a reset of Bane +20, Boril gained one talent, and Chef Boldtusk reached max just in time to sub in for Rigard +20. While Rigard is the better color and can cure Joonā€™s blind, I thought Chef Boldtuskā€™s attack up might help this passive lineup.

Mobs were pretty straightforward, and entering the boss wave with all specials charged. As usual, I tried to focus on cutting Tuckā€™s Mana to hold off his special as long as possible. Joon went after Li Xiu with three straight specials. He got riposted every time, but still didnā€™t die. Li Xiu wasnā€™t so lucky. I almost killed Joon three different times, but Tuck healed him at the last second every time. Finally, I used a bomb to kill him right before the heal. I thought double reds, with attack up and defense down would be enough to bring down Tuck, but the board went incredibly green and purple for a long time, and at some point, Leo died, leaving me basically devoid of firepower. Once I saw Wilbur go down, I went to the arsenal to take out Tuck - a dragon, 5 axes, and two bombs. Then Chef Boldtusk and Boril slugged it out with Boss Boril in a seemingly interminable battle of attrition, but I finally claimed my expensive emblems.

Still not sure whether to give monk emblems to Wilbur for the final mana node or start with my newly maxed Wu Kong. Cleric emblems going in a stack for Vivica, who is on her way to max, as last week was a good one for darts. Trainer hero to the aforementioned Vivica.

2 Likes

Oh!!! ā€œThank you sweet Mother of mercyā€; BoldTusk +9 (costume) (is a Monk! pwr 720) the mana troop and costume bonus gives him 12% mana boost (makes him almost above average or that might only be on defense?) and a 30% attack boost for 4 turns!!!. With a BT charged and good to go I could face the boss stage with just him, Dragon attacks and Bombs and annihilate them.

This might actually work! Thank you; your input has been awesome!.

1 Like

Did some experimenting this time around:

Last time: Chef Boldtusk +18 / Wilbur +20 / Boril / Leonidas +7 / Joon

This time, I tried a couple of things. Notably, on the middle level, I swapped Wilbur for Mist +7. That went pretty well, but I decided Wilbur was more useful for the last level than Boril (Green boss, no AoE bosses). So my team for the last level was:

Chef Boldtusk +18 / Wilbur +20 / Mist +7 / Leonidas +8 / Joon

This went pretty well, though I did lose Leonidas in the last battle, and used arrows, healing and mana. Took out Joon, then Tuck, then Boril.

Cleric emblems to Mist, Monk to Leonidas (war tank). Working on Kvasir at the moment, so the trainer may be counter-productive in raising him too fast to max his specialā€¦

1 Like

I went in w/ boldtusk costumed, grazul max, aeron +10, grimble +2 and wu kong.

Items used = none

1 Like

First time Iā€™ve been able to complete these trials since I recently maxed Boril - man is he worth it when you face big hitters!

I took in Rigard, Wu, Boril, Wu, Sumle in that order, so Boril could counter on my two most powerful available heroes. Leo is fully maxed, as is Boril as stated. Wu is maxed with 18 emblems. Rigard is ascension 3 level 60 and Sumle was same ascension but only around level 50 as Iā€™m currently working on him.

Wu and Boril were my keys here. I think Leo and Sumle could easily have been swapped out for anyone really, Rigard I needed for healing. Wu let me hit harder against the more difficult bosses and Boril did enough counterattack damage without anyone dying, then I used Rigard and items to heal after getting hit. A few arrows last round to buy me time and bombs to kill off Enemy Boril once his health was low.

I used my emblems to get Wu to emblem level 19 :smiley:

1 Like