⚔ [28 Feb, 2021] - 97th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

:warning: WARNING: UNCONFIRMED

Previously, Raid Tournaments have been followed a sequence, and we know there’s a 32-week cycle, so this week’s format is projected to continue following the sequence — but will not be confirmed until it shows up live in the game. There have been a number recently which have deviated from the previous rotation!

:spiral_calendar: Schedule

Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2021-02-28T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2021-03-01T08:00:00Z
2021-03-06T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/ Green
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [12 Jul, 2020] - 64th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

I think i will go with this. No other of my reds can do the trick here as well as JF. If he makes to fire then the ice power skill will be halved.

I wish i had my mitsuko maxed to counter ice heroes but well…

2 Likes

There’s time to think about this tourney, but at first glance it could be some combination of these heros… Not sure if I should try with Glenda tank, or to ignore restrictions and try something different…

2 Likes

It has to be blue tank? damn…

Well, there will be two freyas and wilbur, thats for sure, need to figure the rest

Got it :

Freya - Wilbur - Thorne+ C. - Freya - Drake Fong

Dont have better blue tank… Lets see if Uraeus will be the difference and make my defense D :slight_smile:

This gonna be a pain.

Poseidon Athena ariel jf jabberwok
Not ideal but ain’t got much to work with

Last time I went with this and had an A rated defense the entire week:

Of course I also had half as many emblems on my heroes back then so the competition was considerably weaker :sweat_smile:

This time I’m thinking the following:

Not sure which heroes I’d go with and the final placement just yet, but the defense will be selected from these 3 pools that I’m 95% certain.

2 Likes

Krampus is perfectly suited for this one because he’s blue, summons minions = pseudo-heal, and has that raised defense. With Freya or Bera in team, he can be pretty damn annoying. And I hope I won’t see Cobalt.

Anway I’ll probably go Seshat - Odin - Krampus - Vela - Kage.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be a blue tank. It’s just recommended because of the strong color vs. blue is not allowed in this one. (This is all presumptive atm) . We’ll know 4 shore when the actual rt starts

I like a mix of 1 and 3. I’m actually suggesting that you run a 3-2 defense with frida richard lepus jabberwock and ursena… It seems pretty crazy bug it could just work out too. Blocking 2 colors in green by nature and holy with ursena… Idk might be crazy enuf to work

First draw, maybe switch Vela with Skadi. And I think I prefer Seshat a little bit above Freya. Thoughts are welcome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Good in theory, but that’s too many average speed heroes. At my level I basically assume all my opponents are gonna have lv 23 troops at least if not lv 30, so can’t afford to have a slow-ish defense. Kill or be killed.

@Wimster8
I’m much more scared of a Vela tank than a Krampus tank. There are a few heroes who turn Krampus into nothing but a giant meatshield, but once Vela has gone off you’re in big trouble especially bloody battle. So I’d position the center three as Krampus-Vela-Skadi instead.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I have no decent blue 5* max that I can use.
I have Magni +7 and Miki.
4* Max with 18 or 19 emblems are Kiril (and costume), Grimm (and costume), Jott.

So, my options suck. I will go with a non-blue option.
Probably Clarissa +18

1 Like

Honestly, thinking the same… I’m not convinced that Glenda+6 is a scary tank, even without greens… And that’s my best option here.

Instead, I might go with this - my best available tank + my hardest and fastest hitters. Two reds on the wings might be a liability, but Ursena could do her job against some blue attackers.

1 Like

Thank you! Good point, well taken :slight_smile:

FIRST DAY:

W: 5
L: 0

This seems a copy & paste. :sweat_smile: If only the following days would be like today. I had really nice boards in all battles and it made it easy. These were the enemy teams:

Teams with Zulag… what did they expect? :thinking: Generally, I went with 2-1-1-1 or 3-1-1.

The defense team is surprisingly 1:0.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

4 Likes

Gone with this defence. I think for all of the cries of Vela being useless after the rebalance she’s still going to be good as a tank in this.

I shall keep everyone in the loop on the rollercoaster ride that will be my defence :joy:

4 Likes

Good luck with that one but would love to see a Vela +20 stats.

EDIT: I’m a 4 star player so going with my 4* can’t get me past 350.000 in 5* tourneys

Today was just “fine” except the last match. The 4 that I won I had no amazing opening boards but no terrible ones but then my 5th one, the one I lost had literally 1 or 2 tiles I needed.
I went Mono Purple for all 5 matches. I didn’t think I would get a single kill in my last match so was actually happy when I managed to kill Joon in the wing + Richard tank.

(Tanks I faced: Justice, Elena, Richard, Isarnia, and Richard)
(All tanks were +18 or higher)

Day 1
Offense: 4-1
Defense: 0-0 (so far)

Overall:
Offense: 4-1
Defense: 0-0
Score: 3008

3 Likes