⚔ [28 Feb, 2021] - 97th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Nature/ Green

Perfect start to the tournament so far. 5-0 attack and 2-0 defense.
Went with Blurple the first 4 fights

The last match was against an Alfrike tank. Much better in non rush :grin:
Went Red-Blue for that one to use Grazul even without healing. And Krampus was very useful vs Finley

Went with an Isarnia tank, guess I got influenced by the Hero that Everyone hates thread :sweat_smile:

Good luck everyone

2 Likes

1st draft…

Opps it already live, late post lol…
Goodluck everyone :smile:

4 Likes

Here you go. I picked one health node over attack so her base isn’t quite as high as it could be. I just wanted as much health as was possible

People saying she’s “useless” are miles off. She’s very good still, I use her every day in raids and in every war.

3 Likes

Aha! Great point. I didn’t really take the Mana speed mix into your team. I just wouldn’t have recommended 5 slow heroes! Lol!

Lmao!!! I’ve done that before, and got an A Def grade! I think it was just meant to be that way, and I’ll not be surprised if you wreck house on Defense! GL!

1 Like

DAY 1 TIME TO FIND MY SHOVEL!!!
ATTAX
3W 2L

Started out pretty well, then the last 2 I was only to take out 1 enemy on each team.
Here’s the 3 lineups that I brought with me, in no particular order here, but made the decisions based on the enemy’s Defense -
Screenshot_20210301-100146
Here’s the 2 teams that I lost to-Screenshot_20210301-094253 Screenshot_20210301-094310 V
I’m sooo excited about Finley getting a costume and an increase in destruction! Yaaay!!! Moving on
DEFENSE
I chose this team Screenshot_20210301-100846
I thought it looked pretty good at the time I was choosing. Perhaps I would have put joon in right wing over Bai Yeoung, but last time I used bai yeong as my holy in that spot, I scored an A. I guess I was trying to recapture that mojo.
Screenshot_20210301-094343
Still extremely early! That E grade will improve!
OVERALL

This 25% too will get better
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

4 Likes

Nice. Vela+20 stats are comparable to Aouda with 0 emblems. Both are over 800 stats . Seems fair :slight_smile:

That’s power creep for you :joy:

But she does a job for me still and I can only use the tools I have to hand. Luckily I don’t have a plethora of Druids so taking her to +20 gets more from her.

1 Like

I look eerily similar on Offence. I hit into the filthy layer quick this time. No boards and slow horrible deaths followed

2 Likes

SECOND DAY:

W: 8
L: 2

Screenshot_2021-03-02-11-13-56-558_com.smallgiantgames.empires

Again and again. Two lost battles today. However, I feel that I made stupid mistakes against these teams:

Forgot to bring Grimble. He could’ve given me the extra mana that I needed killing the minions. I was just focused on power choosing snipers.

Defense is 3:1, so I got an A yesterday.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

2 Likes

Well today was bad haha.
3-2. Yesterday I went all day with 0 attacks on my defense, so is cored a C grade.
I had one board today where it was full of blue tiles and I literally must have cleared about 50 or more and it gave me NO other purple (using mono purple). I had 3 diamonds in this match and not a single purple came on the board.

Day 1
Offense: 4-1
Defense: 0-0 / C

Day 2
Offense: 3-2
Defense: 0-0 / C

Overall:
Offense: 7-3
Defense: 0-0 / C - C
Score: 6,090

3 Likes

You just know it will be a long day when the first match pits you against Krampus, Gefjon, Odin, and 2 ninjas :sweat_smile:

But somehow the board gave just enough tiles to counter. Onyx dispelled Krampus’s taunt, Proteus stopped Odin and Cobalt from gaining mana, and later my own Krampus turned Cobalt into a sniper. That gave enough time for Thorne and Clarissa to do their thing.
The next 4 matches were similar against plenty of Krampus teams. No easy matches at all, but got just enough to win. Only switched out Proteus for Grimble against teams that had either Bera or Freya.

Defense was 2-1 yesterday and at 1-0 today.

3 Likes

3hrs ago still top 100.
Mono holy attacks all the way.
Def A so far.

4 Likes

Mitsuko is owning this tournament. Seeing 5 blue attackers show up on the other side is just so fantastic…

4 Likes

4-1 today unfortunate and I am out. No gems to continue.
My defense finally got attacked 2 times yesterday 1-1 so I had a B from that.
Today one of my matches I definitely didn’t think I would win, I honestly have no idea how I did and I had my mouth open in shock at the end. Bad start, and they had a few specials go off before i had any. I survived with about 50 health on Clarissa + on Ametrine.

3 Likes

Looks like Krampy is the MVP in this tourney. I went 5-0 before losing my first defensive battle and I’m currently 8-3 overall.

My offense is 8-2, but I’ve only failed to kill 5 enemies overall, so I’m currently 1%. In my experience, though, tournaments are decided on Wednesdays, when the RNG chooses whether to give you the tiles to go 5-0 or give you nothing and strike out.

We’ll see.

4 Likes

Would Love to have Krampus, did like 200 pulls for him to end up empty :wink:

12:3 currently on offense, 4:1 on defense, A each day.

Threw Wilbur out in the end for Drake Fong.
Surprised, that defense of Freya- Drake - Thorne+C- Freya, Skadi is as efficient.

Was worrying a bit about Uraeus, but I guess Skadi worries Uraeus equally back if not more :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Bloody Battle favors the human player more I think compared to the other type of tournaments, since we can target who to kill off and where the hit 3 can do the most damage. Whereas the AI has a chance of distributing the damage and killing no one, or concentrating only on one of your heroes.

1 Like

THIRD DAY:

W: 11
L: 4

What a pity. One of the battles was at the edge, but I couldn’t win.

I lost against these teams:

In the first battle, that Krampus resisted too much.
In the second one, the tiles didn’t stop matching until Onyx got his second charge (this happens twice). That killed me. Otherwise, I could’ve won.
The positive fact is that I didn’t get a zero.

The defense team is doing really well, 3:1 yesterday and today is 3:0. In general, 9:2. This is the reason why I think I’ll use the gems tomorrow to go on.

Good luck and take care. :wink:

2 Likes

Well day 3 and my Vela tank continues to be A rated

Also the only 0 I had on offence was a +20 Vela tank so I guess that’s karma for you. It was as horrible as I’m sure hitting me has been…

2 Likes