Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-09-27T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-09-28T08:00:00Z
2020-10-03T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Nature/ Green
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Feb 16, 2020] 43rd Raid Tournament! — 4* Buff Booster, No Nature/Green

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

3 Likes

So… Blue tank week… And the one format where Agwe isn’t totally dead weight :joy:

Lots of Kiril and Boril tanks to be seen, I’m sure.

May well run Kiril at tank (haven’t bothered maxing Boril on main account)… Wondering if I dare put Jott in there - I’m sure attackers will bring blues to some fights even if defences have no reds.

Maybe something like…

Triton - Mist - Kiril (have c, but non-C for this) - cRigard - Jott.

Only real pause for thought here is that Jott isn’t quick enough… But alternatives being Mireweave or Grimm (crap or just as squishy) and I’m wondering if I dare actually do it…

Either way… not wanting to use Wilbur is a pain - he’s highly emblemed but it’s not a good week for reds.

4 Likes

Thinking will go with c-rigard+18, og-sonya w/ bonus +20, kiril+18, triton+18, and a 5th. Not sure who. Proteus+20 maybe? Or c-tiburtus+2 could work.

1 Like

In what order?

Triton - cRigs - Kiril - Sonya - other?

Double dark makes sense - dark has dispel (Sabina), but then so does blues (Sonya) so it’s not really a big deal to need to discourage purple.

Having said that… Encouraging yellow by putting two purples might be a sneaky clever move (yellow doesn’t have many buffers at 4*)

1 Like

As stated actually. Rigs, sonya, kiril, triton, proteus. I think the blue center 3 makes sense since the tank is a healer.

I’d definitely reverse Sonya and Triton at minimum - boost your healer!

But TBH I wouldn’t put a healer at wing, especially not a heal over time like cRigard - by the time he fires there it’s too late to take advantage.

Could replace him with c-tibs but he’s only at +2. Got a bit to consider it. Rigard’s double buffs + cleanse late could make the difference. Thanks!

Late? Too late and it definitely won’t make a difference! Healers that aren’t resurrectionists are almost never impactful from wing positions!

Good luck either way :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think i will go this way.

Things i dont like about my team

The two healers each other.
(But i cant put an average speed hero in the wing)

I dont have costume Kiril. So hes less sturdier than he could be. I dont have Boril.

Someone could simply stack yellow and blue and defeat me easily.

Other team choices include red in the mix but not sure how effective can be using red.

Other roster options

Blue

Jott

Red

Boldstuk x2 (c)
Kelile
Gormek
Colen
Scarlett
Lancelot
G.Falcon

Yellow

Mist
Hu tao
Li xiu (c)
Wu kong
Chao
Gretel
Gilinbursti

Purple

Proteus x2
Tiburtus (c)
Sabina

Every single 4* buff boost tourney, whenever I’ve tried to take advantage of the buff boost by placing a passive tank, my defense fails hardcore (E or D at best). So this time I’m completely ignoring the modifier and just going all out on raw attacking power. Unfortunately since green is where most of my firepower are concentrated in, this means I need to run a yurple center, so either of the following:

First one has the advantage of letting me use my most highly emblemed non-green heroes. Mist+18 with 706 def and 1330 HP is a pretty tough cookie if your opening board sucks, and once she fires you’re already 3 steps behind. Not many fast 4* purple hitters (actually only one - Gafar and he’s squishy, and Cheshire cat if you count DoT), and stacking purple means the two purple flanks are gonna be headaches for you if the board runs dry.

Of course Rigard could just clear everything in one go, which is why I also have the inverse color option with cTibs as tank. S1 4* yellows are all very mediocre; Jackal has high tile damage but super squishy, and Mist is also somewhat squishy without emblems. But most importantly, no 4* yellow cleanser, so either you bring Rigard and hope you don’t keep sending purple tiles into cTibs, or you bring cSonya.

None of this prevents someone from getting lucky with mono blue, but at the end of the day there’s only so much you can do. Will sleep on this a bit and decide which one to run.

4 Likes

The only point I would make is the blue is deep in buffers (Kiril, Boril, Triton, Agwe all bring unique buffs)… Sure you’ve got double Sonya’s to dispel, but the attacker can judge the timing and fire some pretty large damage into you with Grimm or Jott.

I’ve always found that any early advantage counts for more - a bad board into a buffing tank will make an attacking win much less likely than normal… A good board giving attacker buffs early will turn into an even more definite crushing win than usual.
If you leave too many buffs at home, this magnifying effect doesn’t happen in such a marked way.

This can make for very good or very bad defence scores quite quickly - there’s much more of that element of luck going on (wrt the starting board) so you can more easily wind up with great or terrible results from sheer luck even with a carefully considered defence.

It’s a crapshoot, basically.

1 Like

They can stack blue on you regardless of what you do…

They’re unlikely to want to stack yellows because there’s not much buffing available there… Wu is risky, Gretel and Gullin only buff themselves.

Out of interest, why Grimm to the left of Kiril? Wouldn’t you want a hard hitter to the right to take advantage of buffs and boost?

You are right. Considering both c.rig and grimm are average its better to swap positions. Grimm would benefit from kiril and rig boost Thanks

1 Like

Oh, I’m in deep problem here… Looks like i have too many solid options. :see_no_evil:

The initial thoughts:

However, I do have Triton+11, Grimm+11… Not sure about Boril… With Wilbur or any other red it would call for blue stack… HEEEELP! :joy:

Edit (other ideas):

Comments welcome :slight_smile: @BubblesUK @Vikingblood80 may I again get your opinion?

thinking of this. every hero is either a buffer or a dispeller.

Was the best I could come up with, only Yellows I have are the vanillas (unreliable Wu is +1), Lady Wooly, and unreliable Danza +1.

Other Blue options are Grimm +13 and Valeria +5, plus dupes of Kiril / Boril / Sonya. Grimm could work for more bite, but then he would flank… and Kiril gives double buffs while Sabina dispels, so I’d rather have these two in than Grimm.

Other Purples are Cyprian +3, Tibs +9, Proteus +20, Rigard +15. No costume for Rigard. And anyway, two Purples doesn’t seem ideal.

Discounted Reds because… yeah.

TOP 10 finishers in the last tournament with the same rules. :+1:

8 Likes

Καλός συνδιασμός, αλλά καλύτερα με Cyprian.!

1 Like

My team this time around:

Could be fun.

My first setup.

But I have loads of options… Could swap proteus for C-rigard? (Not enough buffers now, so that would probably be an improvement) More buffs… And of course swap grimm and Sonya. Maybe put triton in? But who to take out?

Yes, I think this is better:

Now, I could swap Sonya and li? Then li would go sooner and cut mana just when charged, then when everyone is buffed, Sonya dispells everything. Or swap li for triton for an extra buff and snipe and “force” more yellows against rigard?

What do you guys think?