⚔ [26 Apr, 2020] - 53rd Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Purple/ Dark

There are more people with the same/similar team power of 3* compared to 3* teams and 5* ones, it’s just that simple I think.

Very frustrating first day. Lost 2 out of the 3 but really shouldn’t have.

First game was very easy. That and the next two were heavily stacked red/green for some reason and I have strong blue/red teams so they all should have been a walk in the park. Unfortunately though the tiles just weren’t there at all in games 2 & 3.

Last two games had stronger opponents but luckily my team and the tiles were a little friendlier.

Hopefully I’ll have some better tiles tomorrow but with only two lives remaining I’m not sure how long I’ll be able to stay in this week.

Defence has lost one game so far.

2 Likes

I was a lucky idiot in my first one. I used 2 healers and forgot that healing was not allowed haha.
I think I then got punished for getting lucky for that game by losing the next 2 :laughing:

3 Likes

Went 4-1 attacking today. Of note the loss came to a team with 3 reds at center. Should have been cake but rng gonna rng. 0-2 on def so far.

1 Like

When can i find what will be next tournaments?

On the top post in this thread:

:medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

From the rotation there will

#25 5* Buff Booster No Dark

again next week

1 Like

My Defense:
IMG_E3218

Not ideal by a long shot, but it’s what I’ve got. So far my D is 1/1, so it must not be THAT bad.

Went 5/5 on attacks today with Wilbur the stud more than pulling his weight. 2/2/1 for most attacks:
Grimm Wu Wilbur Scarlett Sonya

Wilbur and Wu with 3 colors made for nice cascade tile damage when I didn’t have anything else.

Once I swapped Grimm out for Kelile when someone had stacked green in their D.

Got lucky with boards and wrecked everyone I faced, and they were worth more points that the teams I typically face. When I was done with my flags I was top 5%.

1 Like

So far not a great defense, 3 losses today.
In offense 4-1, with red-blue BT (for the attackbuff), wilbur, colen and blue sonya (with or without costume depending on the opposition) and triton.
The one I lost I mistakenly pressed attack when I wanted to switch costume, and had a very poor board.

1 Like

Well I went 4-1 on hits, 3-0 on defence so far.

When I put my defence together I went with a lot of defence debuffs and thought I’d try Mist in the middle. I don’t know how those 3 wins on defence went down so I’m not sure if Mist has the effect I was after or whether it was a combo of the others

1 Like

I was kind of fed up with things in general yesterday, and my suggested team when I joined was crazy bad, as in no yellows plus Boril on a wing bad. I just threw something together before bed that I figured can be somewhat annoying, and get me a C grade or so, went with this and went to bed:

Lancelot - Wu Kong - Boril - Li Xiu - Buddy

So far 6-0 on defense. Remind me to not thnk too much in the future.

4 Likes

You know, it’s funny how my defense team seems to score way better when I say “screw it” and just cobble something together at the last minute. When I actually sit down to think about composing that perfect defense, I usually get a C grade or worse. -_-

This is my defense btw:

2-0 so far, Wilbur was a literal last minute change as I previously had Grimm on right flank. Decided since purple isn’t allowed and Sonya costume is the only cleanser, might be worth having Wilbur on defense to annoy the attacking team if nothing else.

Just went 4-1 again and the loss a 300 ish one same as yesterday. So 8-2 so far and both losses no the dreaded zero. We will see how the defences go today but I’m very happy if no one gets paired with me and sit 3-0…famous last words…watch me get pounded now.

1 Like

How’s your defence doing so far?

I’m getting the [CENSORED] tournament never-hit-defence glitch on mine

Hoping this will be annoying enough to face. Lack of a Jackal so Danza went in

So far nothing but A grade…

Had a rough start with two losses but it picked up again.

2 Likes

After yesterday’s disaster I was expecting the same today and to be out…
Surprisingly I went 5-0 for Offense.

Day 1:
Offense: 3-2
Defense: 3-1 / Grade A

Day 2 (so far):
Offense: 5-0
Defense: 1-0

Overall:
Offense: 8-2
Defense: 4-1 / Grade A

My Defense was just a random one I put together in all honesty:
Caedmon (+8) / Mist (+8) / Li Xiu / Wu Kong (+3) / Hansel (+6)

I only used Wu Kong because I wanted a 3rd yellow and have no other’s maxed (my closest are Chao and Hu Tao, both at 3/60).

1 Like

Yet another tournament where I got psyched out and messed it up when I had no reason to.

To save you a screenshot, My defense: Caedmon +6, Mireweave +11, Mist +9, Li Xiu +9, Li Xiu +6.
Not amazing!

So, so far I took 2 attacks on in on day 1, 2/2 victory.
Day 2, 4/5 victory.
Defense at 1/2 for a B grade.

I’m using just three attack teams (and sorry you get the shots!). EDIT: Finally!!!

And why would BT and Brynhild feature? The attack buff for BT and the 24% mana boost and defense against special attacks for Brynhild!!!

!!

Lost another on offense today, killed the tank, killed a flank, and then the tiles that I got stank. The rest of my attacks we’re very frustrating. The type where you’re begging for tiles the whole way until you pull it out at the end. And nothing rhymes with frustrating.

Lost another on defense for a total of 0-3. Stellar.

I see some beautifull teams here :heart_eyes: Mine is so-so but it’s OK,

1 Like

It’s fun when this happens and you get the a diamond of each of the colours you need right at the end, just before the enemy is about to kill you on their turn.

1 Like