⚔ [25th Oct, 2020] - 79th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/ Red

I really like that defense set up . If i have had my c.Belith leveled i would have ran the same defense. As i dont i will probably use a second Bjorn or carver instead of her.

1 Like

I have the same defense ⚔ [25th Oct, 2020] - 79th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/ Red - #10 by WaVe, except I switched bjorn and mnessus. Curious for wat will do better!

And good to know others consider these heroes a good combination

2 Likes

Maybe this. idk it’s just a first draft. Every 3* green maxed except costumed Friar so lots of options.

2 Likes

Tournament Setup - I was thinking of using the following defense team for the tournament:

I have a dispelled, defense down, healer, taunt, AOE and sniper. I even leveled my first 3* custome hero just for this tournament! What do you think?

3 Likes

That’s awesome! I assume you have mneusses closer to left to get the debuffer earlier right. It’s a good idea Definitely. U and I both report daily so I’m also interested to see how each set up affects the defense grade. Our def team power is close too 2651 me 2585 you! Good luck brother!

I like this! c.Belith I’d put but didn’t leveled her yet. Instead, I’ve put Berden. Similar number of emblems so really let’s compare more healing/buffs compared to more aggresion. :joy:

1 Like

A 3* costume takes no time to finish! I was really surprised. I’ll do a few other ones this week as well - Hawkmoon, Brienne, Gunnar, etc.

3 Likes

I know, I’ve had c.Balthazar and c.Berden ready for this week. But I didn’t enjoy that much in the process - especially trying to max their special skills. Those little munchkins didn’t want to specialize even with 75-80% chances. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Very true! To complete the final skills levels, I only leveled if I had it at 100% chance to level. That meant I had to feed a bunch of none Green feeders into other heros until I had enough Green feeders to guarantee a level increase.

2 Likes

I’ve seemed to overlook leveling some of the attacking greens so have mixed up the colours a bit.

3 Likes

Any comments on these two teams? @Slobix @ApollosEmpire @JAWS1

2 Likes

I love my Hawk, Brienne and Gunnar costumed heroes. They’re brilliant.

I have two dilemmas here… 1st: As much as Brienne can be devastating, I still think Grevle would be better. He gives useful buff, he’s tankier and unless the attacker has a really good board, he will make your defence last longer. 2nd: Bane. Not sure it’s a good idea to go double yellow. Melia sure, but I’d pick some green hitter instead of Bane. Otherwise, I’d definitely go green-purple against this defence, with Tyrum/Mneseus on board. So, second, but right wing Berden, Mneseus, if you have.

@rho I think Grevle is going to be the superstar of this tournament. I thinking tanking with him without Red to counter will be key to a strong defense.

4 Likes

I’d definitely agree with Slobix regarding the double holy. I’d drop one holy (Bane since Melia will be strong in this tourny) for either a 2nd nature or 3rd dark hero. The most common debuffer available for most players entering this tournament is going to be Tyrum and doubling up on holy invites a purple stack and at fast speed in a buff booster he could be key to turning over a defense.

Let’s see how this does… Gonna try cBrienne as tank again. Her debuff is pretty punishing.

cBelith has a good chance to fire too and put two undispellable buffs.

5 Likes

Thanks for the input guys. Main thing I’m considering is with Grevle tank, Tyrum+Mnesseus+Belith gives a triple chance at dispelling, two at fast speed no less. With cBrienne, you’re forced to bring a cleanser as well. So unless you have two Tyrums, you’ll need two different colors to counter, and it sort of weakens the attacker’s synergy. (do I bring more cleansers or displlers? who do I fear more, cBrienne or Melia?)
But yes even if the attack buff is dispelled, the overhealing is still useful. Tough choices.

As for Bane’s replacement, I’m now wondering if Muggy wouldn’t be a bad choice. His revive can’t be dispelled, and putting him in the corner shields him from his extreme squishiness. Otherwise I could either put Mnesseus, Hisan, or Berden/costume there. (leaning towards cBerden just because he’s tankier and gives another defense ailment)

I leveled c.Berden for last tourney, and was quite happy because he can take a solid punch and stay alive. And he’s a solid hitter. In offense I might use Hissan, because I assume there’s gonna be a lot of healers, it’s nice to prevent the healing of the most dangerous hero in defence.

I understand the logic but wouldn’t there be stronger synergy if you ran base Brienne when flanking with cBelith? That way the berserk can’t be dispelled, and unless the attackers tile out heroes quickly, the slash attacks are gonna really really hurt.

Day 1: perfect start, 5-0. One close battle against Muggy tank because I had no tiles, so they all got buffs and revived, but Grevle and Bane made it until the end (lost 3 heros in the process).

Regarding our previous discussion about emblems and opponents on day 1, this is what happens when you emblem heros up to +11. Not very smart defences, but highly emblemed.

Screenshot_20201026_102319

On the good side, having emblems on your heros gives you more time to recover from a bad board. Would definitely lose against Muggy if my team couldn’t survive the initial wave of attacks.

5 Likes