Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :sun_with_face:
No Dark/ Purple
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [6th Dec, 2020] - 85th Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Dark/ Purple

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

My prediction for myself is top 25% but it will be a bloodbath. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Pigfest? But LiXiu is also good…

I might go with x, Gullinbursti, LiXiu+cb, x, Gretel…

Wilbur also can be a good tank here…

But maybe two reds to discourage Caedmon…

Or two greens to frighten Sonyja of?

I think because most of the players have strong level broken blues I will go double green…

BLOODY BATTLE

If you put pig anywhere in your defense you deserve to lose lol. (not directed at you specifically, just a general comment)

Li Xiu’s galore :unamused:

7 Likes

Four star no purple tourneys are basically the only reason I use Li. Does anyone have an argument for a better tank?

1 Like

I dunno if I’d say “better”, but Mist is definitely on par with Li Xiu in this format. Last time I used Caed-Mist-Mist-Jackal-Hansel and had a straight A defense the whole week.

Fast vs average, 35% manashield talent means she could resist mana ailments herself. Then that -64% mana slow is absolutely deadly in this format. Mana cut is annoying no doubt, but if the attackers have a follow up then you’re just delaying the inevitable. A -64% mana generation however means the attackers either waste many on-color tiles trying to charge, or intentionally make off color matches and watch the defense charge while they wait out the debuff.

5 Likes

I was thinking I wish I had a double mist to flank my Li, but i’ll have to settle for one.

I’m surprised by the number of buddy flanks.

I actually have a 3rd Mist but without any bling, currently sitting on a pile of cleric emblems and wondering if I should just get her to +18 as well for a triple Mist+18 center. If nothing else the “OMGWTFBBQ gg no re kthxbai” factor would be worth it alone. :laughing:

4 Likes

Def down + minions are pseudo-heal in bloody. I might put him there too, though cWu Kong is probably a better option for a middle Holy 3 with cLiXiu and Mist

1 Like

Yeah I like Buddy as my green tank, but I’m more curious about him as a flank for a Holy hero. If he fires while the tank is still standing, the defense is probably already doing well. If not, the minion is much less useful. I would think a faster hero would be better. Perhaps I’m wrong here.

I’ve a feeling it’s more an instinctive reaction to “oh bloody battle, better put some minion makers in my defense”.

Alas I reset my Buddy, but he wouldn’t have made the cut for this week’s defense anyway so no loss. I’m probably going to do Caed-Mist-Mist-Griffin-cKelile. Speed kills in bloody battle time and time again.

Hey all! Long time lurker, first time responding. Gotta say, thanks for all the tips, tricks, and details that you’ve all shared on the various topics. They’ve been extremely helpful in my game progress…and in giving my alliance mates a heads up at times.

Anyway, back to the upcoming tournament… Will Griffin and Marcel make a difference here? Marcel’s def down and attack counter helped me in the last 4* tourney. Just wondering because I might go Wilbur - Griffin - Mist - Li Xiu - Marcel for this one. Thanks!

3 Likes

A Mist tank delivered me an A grade defence last time.

3 Likes

What will be worse; with li being avarage and mist being fast? Mist tanking, delaying mana gain, and have a li flank then cut mana, or reversed? Li cutting mana, and then have mist follow up?

Also, Li hits harder if mists debuff is applied. Also, I guess li in costume will be better possible dodging damage and doing some more damage.

@rebelsouljah I wouldn’t put Wilbur in wing. By the time he fires, the battle will in most cases be decided. I think you will do better by placing a (fast) damagedealer in his place.

2 Likes

My first ideas…

I know Mist will be my tank, Sonya is the best blue for this format, and c.Kelile. Not sure about greens, also, maybe I will.consider putting Jackal somewhere Instead of Sonya?
Or Hansel in green for a full mana control department? :thinking:

Sonya is freaking awesome imo. Everyone needs at least one Sonya (I have just 3) and those that don’t should want her.

1 Like

Thinking I’ll end up with this set up. I like a fast tank that slows the enemy here and Mist’s other effects just shine too. CB-Li I think works better for the greater mana cut (though I still have second thoughts about losing the rogue bonus), and C-Sonya to cleanse everyone else’s nasty, nasty Mist’s. The other 2 are just for to kill.

1 Like

def1

Pretty sure these are the heroes I’ll be fielding, now need to think about how best to arrange them… :thinking:

1 Like

I will go with this defense

C TIburtus - Wilbur - C Wu Kong synergy give me A grade in 4* bloody battle even blue is allowed. Let see how good Mist is compare to C TIburtus.

Thanks y’all! I absolutely forgot about Wu Kong costume! @Liam_K