⚔ [25 Jul, 2021] - 118th Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Dark/ Purple

I was thinking: mist tank, costume li flank (li’s manacut is only meant as a further delay, so I think her rogue talent and higher damage will be better in bloody battle). Then to supplement with RGB.

2 options:

I’m leaning to the option with marcel.

First draft. (prob going with this)

Second

Third

1 Like

@Dudeious.Maximus I like your second draft with Jackal best. If I had a second highly emblemed Jackal, I’d be tempted to run double Jackal on defence.

1 Like

This are the only ones with emblems, the rest are dark heroes or healers.
Gormek costume although there will probably not be many minions to kill is a hp monster, and the few times I have seen him in tournaments his hit all special was always a little surprise.

1st draft

1 Like

Well cTiburtus+cWK is a deadly combo, but Mist can potentially only hit two, so not quite as impactful. Plus I assume people playing at our level have multiple Sonya+C (I have 3, only one is +20 though but you get my point) and other heavy hitters like Triton, Grimm, Zila Lei etc. Just seems risky imo.

What about swapping Wilbur with Mist? Seems like it makes more sense that way - you avoid the mono blue problem, and Wilbur gives a bigger debuff than cTibs, so cWK will hit even harder.

Am thinking this.

Had also been considering using Griffin, but no emblems to spare for him so Peters comes in.

1 Like

No Li Xiu for tank yet. thinking of going with this though, all fast, cleanse, dispel, lotsa mana control:

3 hours before the tournament starts. Remember to switch your defense heroes to the correct costume. Especially if you’re using cWu Kong for def and the non costume for titans :sweat_smile:

Going to try Eichbelborg for this

Good Iuck everyone!

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I think as well. Mist isn’t as great as C Tiburtus.

I think no many. I think most people multiple C/CB Rigard instead (niclude me). They have multiple cleanser for war. And Rigard do much better job if they use 4 stack + Rigard.

Yes, mono blue with multiple Sonya and blue heavy hitter can take down my defense. There is no perfect defense that can’t be counter for 4* tournament.

I don’t think that can avoid mono blue problem. If mono blue get enough tile, they win. Mist may be harder to kill for mono blue but only 1 C Sonya is enough to counter Mist. Wilbur will make attack unable to take down anyone if he fire. If I use Mist tank, I think CB Gormek flank is better than Wilbur. Anyway, I don’t know how it be. Let @Kilted use Mist tank and Wilbur flank. I will use Wilbur tank and Mist flank and compare the result to each other :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Actually Wu makes slashes do 300+ damage each, yes miss chance is annoying, but IMO non-costume Wu is actually more dangerous since the slashes alone could kill you, whereas cWK is a known quantity and you just know there’s a shed load of damage incoming.

I’m thinking this:

Should be able to get zila lei up to +17 before the tourney starts as I will get the NT emblems

Thanks for the heads up. Put him there to keep a core of yellows in the middle. I think my final lineup will look like this:
C Caedmon - Wilbur - Mist - Li Xiu - Sapphire

Best of luck to you all!!!

1 Like

I can post my def score each day that’s no problem. Not sure it gives an accurate comparison though due to my crappy troops.

1 Like

Day 1:

O: 5-0; a good day against colourful defences, so every time I used a different team. Red, green or blue, 3-2 setup. Almur, Caedmon, Marcel, c.Kelile, Gormek, c.Colen, Sonya, Triton, Jott. Some combo of these. :slight_smile:

D: not yet tested.

7 Likes

Day 1

O : 5-0

My attack team is very different this time in 3-2 or 2-2-1 stack between, fire stack : Guardian Falcon - CB Gormek - CB Gormek, blue stack : Grimm - Sonya, green stack : C/CB Caedmon and yellow stack - Mist - CB Chao. Depend on enemy team. Guardian Falcon - CB Gormek - CB Gormek is very powerful and almost guarantee 2-3 kill but will have a problem against counter attack tank. The board is pretty good today. One match against x2 LB-CB Grimm+20. The board start good but dry up for some time. Those Grimm is pretty powerful. I lose 3 heroes in that battle.

Still not face any Marcel today. Overall, this tournament will be harder without Proteus.

D : 0-0

5 Likes

Day 1

O: 5-0
D 0-0 (c)

I’m not sure if I hate or love bloody battle. At least there isn’t a single easy battle, it’s always close…

opponents

I used for pretty much every battle a 3-2 combo but nearly always with different combinations.

First battle was probably the hardest, almur, buddy, hänsel, mack, gormek c.
Mist and hu both killed themselves on mack, hehe, but my whole team was low on health. Gulli last hero standing fired, 3 moves to kill him, lost the race and he killed everyone besides buddy thanks to his minions… Was able to kill gulli before he fired again.

Second battle blue green, the same 3 green but now with Sonya and grimm k.
Worked good, no idea what to think about the red one, have him also max and never used. Hänsel was able to control the slow wings.

Battle 3 was green red, wilbur, falcon, Kelile c, buddy, Hänsel. Wilbur is probably the best counter against wilbur and I love Kelile c. Most of the time no cleansers in the defs and her damage to all ignores everything, is fast and huge. I’m in love.

Battle 4 was nearly the same team, switched falcon for caedmon. Wilbur is also a great counter to riposte heroes, there comes nearly nothing back. (caedmon didn’t charge)
Also once again Keliles burn damage worked fine here.

Last battle was Kelile, mack, buddy, almur, hänsel. Worked fine. I don’t have many riposte heroes (mack is the only one max) and I seldom play them, but for bloody battle against some Aoe heroes he is really useful.

5 Likes

I had C-Wu Kong on my tournament defense, but used his regular form for titans just before bed last night and forgot to change him back. It’s very frustrating that even though a tournament def. is set, it will change if you use a hero elsewhere with their costume form. I’m sure it’s been said a lot, but it just bums me out because now I’m going to suffer all week from this. The annoying part…I can switch and use his costume or not right now and it doesn’t affect my raid def team. Someone please explain to me how this makes sense? If they can make that happen after the fact, they can surely make it happen before.

2 Likes

So a nice start 5 and 0 in attacks. 4 star tournaments generally work best for me as I have more depth there than at 5 or 3.

Leaving me placed currently at

Now if only my defence would co-operate

The defence in these really shows my lacking in troops, but need to work on my 4s before I can drop down to the 3s

7 Likes

With Atlantis Rising going on, wasn’t in the mood for long battles, so decided to go mono today. Buddy and Gobbler will soon get their emblems transferred to Devana and Hannah, hence this week will be their last hurrah.

Attacked with Caedmon - Almur - Buddy - Gobbler - Peters. Switched in Melendor for Gobbler in one match for a 2nd dispeller. Except for one match, the boards had enough Green tiles to win.

Defense is 0-3 to start so it might be a short tournament this week :sweat_smile:

Good luck everyone!

9 Likes