⚔ [25 Apr, 2021] - 105th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Ice/ Blue

With the heroes en troops I have (decent but not overly large selection of +18 to +20 4* heroes (about 3 to 5 per colour) and 3* troops leveled to about lvl 10), I think I would win 2 out of 3.

1 Like

I think my win % would lie around 70%. It would be one of those defenses where I would feel like: ‘o boy, the board better not be ■■■■■ or I might lose big time!’

So yeah a solid defense in my opinion.

Day 5: 5-0.

23-2 overall. I think I should get top 1%, despite my defense being of no help with a current C grade.

Good luck everyone on the last day!

7 Likes

Day 5:
O: 4-1 (22-3)
D: 12-7 (C B B A)

Lost the final battle of the tourney… I don’t know, not sure if the team was super good, or my board was really bad. Proteus fired at me 3 times, Mist also… Don’t know, felt like I was missing my tiles.

But, with improved defence this should be enough for top 1%, mission accomplished. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

O 20-5, need gems on day 4.
All the fights offence and defence with this team:

Defence keeps B-B-B-A hoping for no attacks on the last day. Iam really surprised that my def bring me so many points with 2 heroes 3/60. Start with 4 wins, followed by 5 losses and again 4 wins. So 8-5.
In offence mainly my healers keep me winning .

Right now this is my score, most probably will be not enough for top 1%.

Good luck :wink:

7 Likes

I had a really shaky start and was technically out on day 2 but defence was A rated so bought back in. Lost another 2 after buy back but went 10-0 the last 2 days for a strong finish.

Should end Top 5% I reckon

5 Likes

Had a pretty good week, went 23-2, only hiccup was Wednesday when I went 3-2. However defense blew all week, E/D so hopeful I will stay in 1%

4 star tourneys are my favorite and always fun

5 Likes

Is this your epic event team? :joy:

Btw, I was thinking to ask for advice somewhere, about my rate and epic event teams in different colours, and to tag you. I just need to push myself a bit to actually do that. :slight_smile:

More or less. I have Sumle +20 which I’ll swap out Boldtusk for in the events. I’m hoping for Colens costume this time around to replace Sumle. He hits like a truck but like Wu Kong can miss at incredibly inappropriate times and leave your run ruined. Don’t care about the WE but I do care about the wasted Bombs, Axes and mana pots.

C.Colen will bring a good strong hit all with less accuracy issues I hope.

Edit - @Slobix if you use line hit me up on there if you want event advice. ID is Cheds…avatar is a little blob eating cheese :joy:

1 Like

I might not doing something right on Line… But this is definitely not you:

Would you pls add me, id is the same, slobix. :see_no_evil::joy:

1 Like

DAY 5:

W: 24
L: 1

Today it was like being in a rollercoaster. Some battles were easy and some took me to the edge.

These were the enemy teams:

The hardest battle was against the team with Proteus as a tank. I took c. Caedmon to have two cleansers and I made a big mistake that almost made me lose. I didn’t remember that c. Caedmon was a fighter, and when he died because of the burn of Colen, he revived and I didn’t use his special (he was completely charged before he died).

The only lost match yesterday prevented me from being higher at the rank, although I’m now at the top 100.

The defense team wasn’t attacked yesterday, so I kept the A (7:0).

Good luck with the loots tomorrow.
Take care. :wink:

3 Likes

Well played! This could be the best score that I remember! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not really good at statistics and setting defense teams, but your defense team should be victorious 60-70 % of the times it’s challenged.

I have to say that the c. Boldtusk caused me a lot of problems with his monk class.

1 Like

@Slobix It is so funny for me that Line give you “ผู้นำ เกรียน” when you search “Cheds” :rofl:

@Silencio Me too. C Boldtusk can block Proteus and lower defense. However, it look like most people fear CB Boldtusk and Wilbur more.

In the next 4* buff booster no ice/blue tournament, I will test using C Boldtusk as tank (if I don’t forget).

1 Like

And another 4-1 day to end the tournament… The one loss was a big 0 so might be close for top 5%

Defense remains at C (8-12). It’s been an interesting 5 days. The lack of a red dispeller really hurts in buff booster

Best of luck with the loot everyone

6 Likes

OFFENSE : 19-4 (2-1 today)
DEFENSE : 5-2 / A-A-A-A

Don’t want to buy back in only for 2 flags…
Not sure it will be enough for top 1%.
My def is still A :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Went 20-5 on attacks. Defense holding strong at a A grafe

2 Likes

My defense got smashed . Made top ten percent though . Only second time ever .

Any advice on this defense ?

2 Likes

Day 5
O: 5-0 (24-1)
D: 1-0 (7-1)

Wow, double Ametrine+Sheepy really IS a winning combo. I ended up using the same team for all 5 matches regardless of tank color or defense lineup because I just liked it so much: cRigs+19, Mist+18, Ametrine+18, Sheep+6, Ametrine+0. I even used this team against a Skittles+20+CB tank because my reds suck, and no other color has the potential to output as much damage as purple in just 10 tiles (cRigs charged + x2 charge on double Ametrine). Plus the dispel before doing damage thing is just amazingly good against the likes of Wilbur and cMelendor.

Btw have I told you how much I like Woolerton? A million times already? Oh well what’s another one then if I’ve already said it a million times. :laughing: Fast heal at the 4* level is just a-m-a-z-i-n-g (well it’s good anywhere, but especially great at the 4* level), and today once again she pulled my squishy Ametrine+0 from the edge of death in two matches, sealing a win for me.

Lesson from this tourney? Dispel, dispel and more dispel, then fast heal and fast buff block = win. Don’t try to snipe the defense dead, 4* just don’t hit hard enough. Bring plenty of support so you can outlast the defense, and grind them down one by one. Woolerton is love, Ametrine is life. :+1:

Final results:
final6

6 Likes

This achievement is impressive! Kudos mate!

1 Like

And there is a topic complaining about Lady Sheep being too “weak”…

Congrats mate!

1 Like