⚔ [24th Jan, 2021] - 92nd Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Holy/ Yellow

Day 1
4-1 offense, 2-1 defense

1 loss due to a spectacularly bad board against Kunchen+20. Went 4-1 blue-green but board was just full of greens with 3 blue tiles, and didn’t matter what I did the blues just never showed up. At least I managed to take out Kunchen so not a complete loss. Oh well. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

It would be, yes.

But that is me looking backwards… When seting up, I was focusing on buffs for tourney rules, thats why ursena, ariel jf in middle :wink:

Fair enough, but this is also why I generally ignore the buff boost rule and just put out a team as if it was my raid defense with the best possible synergy given the allowed colors.

This sucks, when will they finally work on this part?

Day 2: 4-1 again, because of my endless stupidity. :see_no_evil: I was struggling with tiles in that battle, but in the end it was my Glenda barely alive, and Mitsuko and Liana barely alive on the other side. Had blue diamond that could end everything, but no! I had to brainlessly use Glenda’s special skill and kill myself instead on Mitsuko’s reflect. I was starring at the screen few seconds, in disbelief I actually did that. :joy:

Defence was 2-2, so B. :slight_smile:

Be smarter than me!

4 Likes

SECOND DAY:

Today was a dreadful day. Three lost battles that took me back to the tough reality.

W: 7
L: 3

Screenshot_2021-01-26-10-15-53-574_com.smallgiantgames.empires

The defense team has a big E, so tomorrow will be probably the farewell to this tournament.

Good luck! :wink:

5 Likes

So Far Thru Day 2
ATTAX
7W 3L
Screenshot_20210126-091552 Screenshot_20210126-091618

I’m going with the idea that in This RT it’s going to be hard to go punch for punch with a lot of these teams do I’ve brought heroes to stop them from going off like Miki /zocc +19/ cleanser Ariel resurrect Alby and another niche hitter that can stop them from firing on all like a +18 QoH.
DEFENSE

3W / 4 Attax A grade
OVERALL

So far I can handle this with what I have to work with.
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s part of the " quality of life" improvements they’re matriculating into the game.
Oh wait my bad, those are more OP hero costumes.

Day 2 and lots of exciting matches.
Won the first 3 with the usual 3 Red and 2 Green lineup

Saw the first Bera tank in Match 4 and went purple on purple with Grimble leading the charge

Bera fired but managed to cleanse with cRigard and Grimble did his thing

Last match was even tougher, a 710 pointer vs Alfrike tank.

Grazul is the counter here with Grimble switched in for MN and Freya. Got a pretty good board. First 6 red tiles got Grazul fired before Alfrike. The next 6 reds took her down and charged up both Elena and Khagan. That was enough to take care of the two healers on the left

Defense was 2-1 after the first day and has not been attacked today

Good luck in your next fights everyone

4 Likes

Da 1
Offense: 4-1
Defense: 1-0

Day 2
Defense: 0-1

Overall
Offense: 8-2
Defense: 1-1
Score: 6,393

The annoying thing is, both of my losses for offense were “0” scores, I killed no one.
If you just don’t get the tiles you don’t get them, unfortunately.

5 Likes

Day 2, facing decently emblembed 5* with my 4* (and occasionally 5*) army. Today went 4-1, with a big 0 on the loss. Scored diamonds in all off-colours in that match, and even boldtusk reviving 3 times in a row did not get me closer to a kill to get rid of the 0. Doesn’t help I’m starting to face 5* I seldom encounter in my normal raiding.

Defense 1-1 today for a 5-1 total

4 Likes

So far so good!

I think Mitsu and Jean do their job to invite blue…

Empires⚔️_2021-01-26-22-11-04

I lost one to this team:

I had no chance…

Red-green 3-2… no chance…

9-1 w/l

Ny def team was C yesterday but B now…

Good luck every 1

5 Likes

Day 2
4-1 offense, 5-3 defense (7-4 overall)

One loss due to a combination of carelessness and not thinking it through carefully about when to fire my specials. Board was actually pretty generous so really can’t complain there. The most interesting battle I had was against this defense:

haha

I understand what they’re trying to do and it’s definitely a tough defense. You see the only dispellers at the 5* level are in blue (Frida), green (Zeline, Evelyn), and purple (Kage, Panther, Seshat, Onyx). Frida is a bit of a risk because if Mits goes off you’re hosed, and naturally one would not want to stack purple against purple, so it really comes down to having a good green stack with those specific heroes.

Unfortunately I don’t have either, but seeing as I have both Panther and Onyx, I decided to just mono purple this defense:

I figured as long as I can find two purple matches, Clarissa will give me much needed survivability with that elemental link which also counts as a buff. Then another purple match and I can at the very least counter Freya and cRigard’s buffs with cTibs, Panther, and Onyx.

Luckily board worked out in my favor, and I was able to gather those 3 matches before Freya fired. Fired Clarissa, cRigs, cTibs, Panther, and Onyx in that order, and the left side along with Freya were instantly annihilated, while Sartana was down to about 10% HP and Mitsy with 50 or so HP left LOL. Lined up another purple match under them and that was it. This is a case where team synergy won over color, and I’m glad I didn’t try to be smart and run some combination of RGB (the board did have a lot of greens) because the synergy wouldn’t have been anywhere near as strong.

7 Likes

@rho
Hm nice troops for a mono!

:star_struck:

1 Like

Yeah since rush attack is a thing (and now rush wars too), I decided it was better to have 3 mana troops @ lv 11 than to have one at lv 23 or higher and the rest unlevelled. Lv 17 is actually a pretty good stopping point if you take the mana node for average speed heroes. Plus now with costumes the level requirement to charge in 9 tiles is even lower (lv 5).

Long term obviously I’d like to have at least one troop at lv 23 in each color, but that’ll have to wait while I grow my roster and level some of my crit and ninja troops. (lv 9 is a good stopping point for those since it adds 2-3% for both attack and def or about 1 talent worth for a 5*)

2 Likes

Absolutely agree!

Although I only level 3 troops. The reason is that I do not really use mono teams neither in rush war not in tournament. I usually take a 3-2 setup…

1 Like

THIRD DAY:

As I expected, I lost all the chances to go on in this tournament. It remains a long time until I could be competitive in 5* tournaments.

W: 8
L: 4

Good luck and see you in the next tournament. :wink:

5 Likes

Day 3: 5-0 so now I’m at 13-2 after 3 days. Basically used c.Melendor and Hansel all the time, and 3 blue (Kiril, Sonya, Fenrir) or 3 red (Boldtusk, GM, Lady Loki). Saw couple of Velas and JFs, so LL is always the way to go there for me. These teams took me to 700+ pts territory, very good.
Defence droped to D from B, but if I continue to do well in offence, could be a good result this week.
GL all! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Day 3
Defense: 1-0 (so far)

Overall
Offense: 12-3
Defense: 2-2
Score: 9601
(Defense Grades: A, C, B)

I beat 2 Alfrike Tanks both at +20, I used a Mono Red.
I lost against a Ursena +15 who went off twice, then Telluria went off… Ursena damaged me so much me off lol. It was laughable

5 Likes

Day 1 to 3

Tourneys are weird sometimes. Lost 2 already on monday against green tanks (Telluria+19, Kadilen +13) stacking reds. My best reds are Ares, Marjana, Tyr…Ares with 10 tiles is just too slow. It doesn’t work. Only did this a third time on Tuesday…but won it. Other than that I just went 3-2 or 4-1 blue - green. (The 1x green is always Melendor…mostly Gandalf version). Swapping my blues a bit…and it worked. Scored 5:0 the other days. All my heroes load in 9 tiles…this is pretty important. This team was my first good attacking team ever…and even works better on buff booster.

Mono purple defences were quite easy to beat…faced many Freyas out there.

13:2 10339 pts

Defense…well not many choices. Started bad 0:1, 1:1, 1:2 D the first day…but even got up to a narrow C yesterday

4 : 6 D C C

Edit:

Changed to

4 : 7 D C D

5 Likes