⚔ [23 May, 2021] - 109th Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

Btw I think it’s still worth taking part in this tourney as long as you don’t use gems to continue. Worst case you’ll get a few emblems for basically no cost to you (except maybe some mental trauma :rofl:).

Depending on how my defense does, this will be the first tourney in a long while where I don’t waste gems to continue. I mean what’s the point of fighting Alfrike after Alfrike after Alfrike, it’s basically 90% board luck at that point.

9 Likes

What do you think about this?

Kunchen hopefully survives and casts his special… than Glenda and Mitsu should make a short work on the attackers with def down on them… Jean is there if the blue atrackers can get both Kunchen and Mitsu… Domitia for some snipe and dispel…

2 Likes

Yup, my partner made me join the tourney… :roll_eyes:
I guess it can’t be as bad as the last time - 20 Alfrikes!!! :muscle:

Still not sure if I should be tanking Heimdall or Ursena - have nothing better than that. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

:joy:

Definitely Heimdall. Yeah sure they might go mono red but if they can’t kill Heimdall in time, that overheal+attack buff is really going to destroy them very quickly. Ursena can be flank to take advantage of that +30% attack.

4 Likes

i have exactly zero of the heroes from the top defenses. oh wait, is that a Quintus down there? guess that’s 1. :laughing:

but you know what this week is gonna be:

although in the last 5* rush tourney i encountered only one in 18 battles.

11 Likes

I dont recommend Heimdall as a tank. He will be the tiles pot to load heroes like Proteus and block majority of the team. Ursena at least can prevent from stacking holy.

Holy isn’t allowed this week, so Ursena tank is kinda pointless.

I mean yeah you can tile dump into Heimdall, except at vfast he’s going to go off a couple times, the entire defense will have 2x HP and +30% attack, and will destroy you in no time. If anything Ursena is more of a tile dump because <50% HP she does only 130% damage.

My bad, holy not allowed,
Still I need only 6 tiles to block him with Miki, Alfrike or Hansel. I dont care about his health and attack boost.
Telluria or any other tank which affects mana will be better. Miki is also good tank for this tourney. Of course Alfrike is the best, then Hell,LoL.

I was thinking this?

My other leveled 5* dark is mok-arr, and he’s not really suitable for defense.

3 Likes

You can block any hero with Proteus/Hel/Hansel/Zocc/Alfrike/Miki as long as you can find 6 tiles before they fire AND no unwanted cascades happen.

If you can do that, you’re already at a huge advantage anyway. The question really is: which hero punishes an average board harder? And I think that would be Heimdall. Either you kill him right away, or he fires once even with 1 HP left and he’s already undid a lot of your hard work. With Ursena, she can go off twice and you’d still be ok (not in good shape, but survivable). Heimdall goes off a second time you should just flee.

2 Likes

I’m leaning towards this.

4 Likes

Swap KH and Moreau, defense down won’t matter if BK’s taunt is up. Plus you don’t want KH to fire at you anyway even if she makes the defense slightly easier to kill, especially not if she has BK’s berserk buff.

1 Like

Ok, don’t laugh but this is mine.

5 Likes

Good call, I’ll do that. Thanks. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Why not just tank with KH? It’s a gamble, but seems better than BT for this tourney. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Might as well get this over with :joy:

My only 5* healers are Vivica and Grazul and my strongest 5* dark is Onyx who is actually handicapped for this. So just going to gamble with a no healer, highest emblemed hitters defense

Clarissa will hopefully stay alive long enough for the others to charge. This may be one week I’m hoping for a 0-0 defense :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

Trust me it’s still better to tank Killhare. Yes she makes your defense easier to kill, but if she goes off twice the attackers are dead period. Especially in rush format, I absolutely would not want to set her off intentionally (not without getting all my specials ready anyway).

I also like regular BT better for the bigger attack buff + revive potential, so maybe you could run something like Seshat-BT (no C)-Killhare-Issy-Kingston?

1 Like

My thinking was that BT has the tankier stats and I want BT to fire first with the attack up before KH fires. Am I thinking wrong?

Edit: just read @rho . Will change up. Thanks, both.

1 Like

No, Black Knight can’t block Killhare’s lower defense.

In fact, he do can block Mok-Arr’s damage on ally. I don’t know why he can block Mok-Arr’s damage on ally but can’t block Killhare’s lower defense.

I know, I was referring to BK’s taunt. Either you dispel it with Kage/Fogg or you’ll always hit BK. Which is why I said the defense down isn’t so bad if BK goes off first before Killhare does.

3 Likes