⚔ [23 May, 2021] - 109th Raid Tournament - 5* Rush Attack, No Holy/ Yellow

Day 3

O: 4-1(12-3)
D: 9-1(A)
Alfrike count: 1 (total 8) sorry @u2371 :see_no_evil:

Lost against the only Alfrike today. Wasn’t even close, big fat 0.
The rest was pretty fun, 3 kunchen Tanks, 1 bera. Saw my very first Lotl, thank good she never fired. Beside Alfrike probably my most feared opponent in rush.

I think I could become a fan of put Alfrike in the def, get only Alfrike teams, don’t put her there and only get non Alfrike teams. Or I’m just waiting for the next no purple rush tournament (does this even exist? Can’t remember one)

5 Likes

Ok, between 3/3 Xmas heroes, Alfrike tank and randomrandom(hero) I’m finally out of the worst E&P feature even this time around.

3 Likes

That is normal when the whole board is yellow - on the tournament without yellow. Very fair boards.

3 Likes

You must change your strategy and learn how to play :))))

Guess it’s Freaky Wednesday :sweat_smile:
Faced her 3 times as tank and once as wing. Won 2 and scored 497, 124 in the 2 losses. The 2nd loss was the 4th of the tournament so bought back in for 2 more days of torture.

Same attack team as yesterday, Grazul - Krampus - Elena - Khagan - Proteus/Grimble.

Defense is now 1-4, so yeah no more no healer defenses in the future :joy:

Good luck fellow masochists :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Day 3

O : 0-0 (9-1)

No attack in this day to get easier opponent in day 4 and 5. Top 5% is enough for me. In next 5* tournament, I will not do any attack in day 2 instead of day 3.

D : 3-0

Proteus tank do really good job.

I think it is because you lose 2 match before day 3 start. Alfrike tank defense with other powerful support will usually get grade A defense in day 1. I think ,in day 2-5, they system will pick opponent with method like top 1% vs grade A defense, top 5% vs grade B defense, top 10% vs grade C defense,… I get 5-0 in day 1. I think that is a reason why do I face 7 Alfrike in day 2. However, if you are lucky, you might not get weak opponent even you are in top 1% because the weak opponent lucky get 1 win and get grade A in day 1. However, I think team power have effect too. If you keep win in top 1%, it is very likely that you will get grade A defense with higher team power.

Do you face her in your 5th attack ?

I don’t want to be tortured by

:rofl:

That is why I don’t do any attack in day 3.

I think you should put 1-2 healer in defense. Maybe, you should try less team power but effective defense. You might not be attack by top player or be attack less if you use less team power but effective defense.

4 Likes

Day 3:

O: 5-0 (13-2 overall)
D; 3-7 (grade D)

day 3 with no Alfrikes! can’t believe i haven’t run into one yet. still saw lots of green and red today, toughest fight was against an Aegir tank, and i just rushed right into it without changing up my red/purple attack team and still managed to prevail. Autofill D picked up another win? how about that. Pleasantly surprised that i’m currently in the top 1%, but honestly i’ll be amazed if i make it past tomorrow.

good luck everyone that’s still in it!

5 Likes

Was the second attack today.

1 Like

Attack: 11:4 i had to rebuy…

My def is still undefeated… 6:0

This team yielded me a big fat zero…

I thought that I am ready to fight it but I was wrong… went into overtime but to be fair and honest:

I did not have a chance… not even for a second…

I did choose the wrong team … player’s fault!

EDIT: To be honest with you I do enjoy this tournament!

Only three Alfrike yet, only one loss to them, but Kunchen and Ariel tanks are whipping my back part! Funny don’t you think?

7 Likes

Day 1: 3-2
Day 2: 4-1
Day 3: 2-1 and out.

No losses with 0, but in rush against teams way heavier then mine, I need a reasonable start or a very quick rebound.

7 Likes

Off topic question @WaVe : do you like Reuben? Mine is 1/1 since I summoned him… I did ascend Noor … I just can’t see how he (reuben) could get into my team…

Yes, I do, but that’s probably also due to lack of choice and plenty of material. He’s fast, hits 3 decently, gives a buff to lessen DoTs. Also, minions for reds. My other red 5* are elena and marjana and I feel he does more then Marjana.

But as always, depends on your options, how many rings you have, and the odds for drawing another 5* red who might be better.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick briefing!

DAY 3 (and last):

O => W: 8 L: 4

I won’t go on. My defense is at D and today I had to face two more Alfrike tanks.

I was able to defeat both Alfrikes, but then the boards completely dried and I couldn’t deal with LotL and her annoying minions.

I don’t wanna use the gems either as I don’t want to imagine if I had to face more Alfrikes.

Good luck for all those players who still go on in this tournament.

Take care and see you next week. :wink:

8 Likes

Day 1-3
O: 3-2, 5-0, 4-1 (12-3)
D: 4-3, 5-2, 5-1 (14-6) B-A-A

I have no idea how or why my defense is doing so well, no Kunchen, no healers, no taunters, no revivers. I guess Alfrike in no-yellow rush is a giant pain in the ■■■ no matter what, but hey I’m not complaining about an A defense.

Mercifully only 5 Alfrikes so far, but also faced 2 Hels. Here’s the really funny thing: none of my losses were against Alfrike tanks! Here are the 3 losses:

Kunchen tank was a bad board, but did the best I could with what I was given and actually managed to take out two.

Heimdall tank was an autofill, and I got a big fat 0 against it. :man_facepalming::man_facepalming: Why? You’d think any normal person who sees a green tank+flank would heavily stack red right? Well apparently I’m not normal, because for some reason I decided to use my usual Alfrike team against this, which is 3 purple + 1 green 1 red/2 greens. Predictably opening board had almost no green or purple tiles, but a yellow diamond and blue dragon ready to be made. Also had 6 red tiles right under Heimdall, as if it was mocking me for not stacking red. Let’s just say Heimdall went off twice and I had no chance.

Last one against a Freya tank was also a big fat 0. How does someone manage such an incredible feat? Well opening board sucked, but I managed to (or I thought I did) play it right and got the tiles I needed and everybody was charged up. Then a rogue cascade happened, and charged up literally the entire defense. So between Krampus’s buff and the double hit from Karnov and Killhare I was instantly wiped out. :man_shrugging:

Btw my two Alfrike teams:

cMelendor comes along if the flank is a taunter. There is very little in the way of direct damage, but having 3 mana controllers more than makes up for that. Obviously it’s starting board dependent, but I’ve found the key is managing and timing of specials. Basically don’t use Proteus/Hansel/cMel if not absolutely necessary, even if it means “wasting” some tiles because you can’t charge above 100%. As long as the board spits out some purple and green tiles at me, between Proteus, Alfrike, and Hansel I can usually manage to shut down the entire defense, even if monks withstand or clerics manashield once or twice.

8 Likes

IMHO it’s less to do with no healers and more the overall lack of immediate threat/lethality .Clarissa is actually a worse tank than usual for rush since healers are also vfast, meaning they can cleanse just as fast as you can put the poison on them. If nothing else an attack wouldn’t be too afraid to run some tiles into her if trying to clear the board, since there’s no immediate threat to anybody. Then double red flanks = attackers are most likely heavily stacking blue, and you don’t have any heroes that punishes a blue stack (Francine/Zeline; Mitsuko/cMarjana) in your defense. Also Krampus in the corner is significantly wasted potential, since by the time he fires there may only be one or two left (or he might be the sole survivor).

If it was me, I’d probably have done something like Clarissa-Elena-Krampus-Khagan-Thorne. At least if they stack blue then Krampus has a high chance of going off because neutral tiles. If they stack green then they’d have to contend with double red flanks.

Or if you insisted on a purple tank, Khagan-Krampus-Clarissa-Elena-Thorne. Yes Khagan in the corner is also not ideal, but if Elena hits with Krampus’s buff on, the attacker will be in very very bad shape. Plus now they need double dispellers to get rid of both the taunt and riposte. Pretty nasty if you ask me.

5 Likes

By some miracle, I have only seen a couple Alfrike tanks and am still alive in the tournament with only 2 losses on offense so far. I will probably buy back in if I have to though because my defense is crushing it with a current record of 11-2. Thanks @rho for the help. Clearly it’s working. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Ended up with this defense as suggested

Probably should have switched troops with Seshat and KH but defense is currently 5/0. TY

Offensively, in a normal raid I usually use Seshat, Eve, Kingston, Liana and Rigard. Sometimes I’ll switch out Seshat for Melendor and can raid into top 100 with a few flasks. This tourny I went with Melendor, Eve, Greg, Kingston and Rigard. I swapped Greg with Liana because in this tourny all my green charge at the same time. Went with the double healers in case I didn’t get tiles for a little more survivability and that’s what happened this tourny. Out today at 8/4. 10 out of the 12 matches I got 6 or less green tiles to start. Horrible run of luck. Every team I lost to was beatable with an average board. Oh well, see you next week. Better luck to you all.

4 Likes

Day 4

O: 4-1 (16-4) :sweat_smile: like every day it seems, lost the first match and rebought
D: 11-1(A)
Alfrike count: 4 (total 12)

First match - first loss, the combination of Alfrike, taunt, mana slow down, fiends and double reviver is hard, you need to much counter heroes.

Second hardest match was against the BK team, in the end it was my QoH and Alfrike against both revive heroes, at least some luck and Alfrike always hit both and no one resisted. Would have been really bad if one of the two fired.

Last team was against freya tank and double killhare, but thanks to the deff down from the bunnies skadi worked great against that team, no real problem.

5 Likes

This is a true “balance” of absolutely yellow tournament. Whoever did these scripts, you are a genius (with opposite meaning).

1 Like