⚔ [22nd Nov, 2020] - 83rd Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Fire/ Red

Hard tournament for me, my best greens are healers…
So maybe yurple/green?

Options:

1 Like

I would probably use Buddy as tank if i had him. However your full emblemed Almur can perform better than your unemblemed Buddy.

Something like that should be ok, if you still want to go Buddy as tank

Mist-C.Tibs-Buddy-C.Skittleskull-Almur

I dont know, is another idea, i like to keep fast speed wings and this slower centre could work too.

If you want to set a more solid line up follow @Slobix advise. You will be playing safe prioritizing emblems here.

2 Likes

I am considering if i shall switch to following

1 Like

I think it’s a good idea, because I know I’ll be using 3 greens (at least). Grimm is not the best option. I would maybe switch places for Mist and Tiburtus. If they charge in the same, Tiburtus will hit harder due to defence debuf for special skills.

3 Likes

Green attacks was my main idea on switching also as I will also use 3 green on attacks.

Good point on Mist & Tibertus

2 Likes

Im going to try this- it gonna hurt a lot if almur-ctibs-mist-jack fire.Not sure if switch tibs with mist thou

3 Likes

I’ll probably go with this. Was debating the slow squishy tank but I feel like that’s the only position skittles has a decent chance of firing in. Also she hits relatively hard for a 4* so it’d be difficult to recover from her going off. C Tibs and C Li will provide backup in case skittles bites the dust early. :laughing:

3 Likes

True… no Rigard and Sonya will be less attractive. Maybe drop Jack O Hare then.

1 Like

@ApollosEmpire I agree with @Vikingblood80 . Almur tank instead of Buddy because Almur has better defensive stats.

Yeah, had the same thoughts, Tiburtus costume is generally better but your Grimm has better overall defenses. I think either will work, just keep Grimm in the wing.

Skittleskull, go for normal, the Sorcerer talent will IMO be more useful than the Cleric one. Although not a big difference so does not matter too much

1 Like

Went with this at first but late at night on a saturday is maybe not the best time to brain on…

This morning after some toast and coffee power leveled Mist and set up this…

My only question now is would it be better to put +20 C-sonya in at one of the wings?

2 Likes

Maybe this. Yeah no heal bit bry can do other shizzle

2 Likes

Wow I actually can’t decide this time, so I’m gonna put this to a vote - which of the following 3 defenses would you least like to face? (also feel free to mix-and-match and make new suggestions)

@Slobix @WaVe @jinbatsu @Vikingblood80 @ApollosEmpire and anybody else who would like to pitch in

3 Likes

I’d do something like Grimm-Mist-Almur-Skittles-Peters. Grimm for sure is a liability this round but at least in wing he gets some protection. You could replace Skittles with Proteus to balance out Mist but if Mist fires, it buys a lot of time for Skittles to fire. And if Skittles goes off, the battle is basically over.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind suggestion :blush:

That makes a lot of sense. I feel too, that speed is of enormous value in these tournaments. :speedboat:

Thank you again :pray:

Good luck to you too :four_leaf_clover: :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi guys, I have only this one maxed (and Wu Kong with no emblema) should I switch to a Yellow/Dark tank?

1 Like

#2 Costume Tiburtus … most counters to defense down are banned (Wilbur) or only semi-effective this week as they are healers (Rigard, Kiril, MelendorC) … this only leaves SonyaC and CaedmonC.

3 Likes

I’d go with 2nd… I put Mist and c.Tiburtus often on flanks, it always worked very well. Fast and deadly defence, should be a tough nut to crack. :muscle:

2 Likes

Agreed! I prefer a balanced defense, so 1 yellow and 1 purple.

Bloody battle is about staying alive while dealing damage, and tibs is very good is dealing damage and then making sure the rest really hurts. Proteus is also good with stalling mana, when counters are in c-sonya (wrong colour), (c) rigard (less effective without heal) or the only viable one: c-caedmon. Too bad mine is far from being finished. But you already have mana-control with both mist and hansel, so I also vote for the second option.

3 Likes

Setup - I’m thinking of using the following team:

I could put emblems on Proteus, but I’m saving the Wizard emblems for Alfrike who I almost finished leveling. Any thoughts?

I do have Proteus, Boris, Sonya and Grimm on the bench.

2 Likes

Proteus deserves emblems regardless unless you have Hel. Going the full def/HP route at +18 he has 702 def and 1256 HP, making him much sturdier and good to use against emblemed 5* teams. Alfrike honestly can wait unless you want to tank her in your raid defense. If you have Clarissa, she’s the perfect pairing for Alfrike because that elemental link really boosts her survivability, and she can often hold out long enough to fire and singlehandedly win the match for you.

As for your tourney defense, Jackal isn’t the most ideal on defense, but unless you have a highly emblemed Sonya, I think it’s fine as is.

1 Like