Troop Rarities Allowed
:snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
No Fire/ Red
:four: :star:
or lower
:three: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [Apr 12, 2020] - 51st Raid Tournament - 4* Bloody Battle, No Red/Fire

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

4 Likes

This tournament is a tough one to me. My best green tanks are healers, costume Melendor and Brynhild.
My other greens are single target fast speed users(Hansel and Caedmon). Id love to have buddy but i dont, in consequence i have picked Mist to be my tank . Im not afraid of a purple stack. One of the best purple 4☆ is practically useless in this format, yes Rigard.

The flanks will be AOE and hit to three users to punish bad boards. I think that multi target users are ideal to bloody battle. It doesnt matter if they are not green heroes

In the wings i have placed fast speed users.

4 Likes

:crazy_face:

7 Likes

For the keeners who want an early start:

14 Likes

Some initial thoughts, Mist 2 will be all the way up to +13 if I do run the first team.

As you can see I’m really going for mana control over raw damage here. If the attackers can’t get any specials off, they’re basically sitting ducks barring a miracle board. Leaning towards encouraging purples since Rigard is basically wasted, and there are only two fast 4* purples (Gafar, Cheshire Cat), one of which really isn’t much good on offense except for the fun factor.

3 Likes

Maybe this?

Almur is tanky enough, and that defence down could make those slash attacks quite powerful. Mist and c.Tiburtus work well as flanks. Caeemon and Hansel, well, the best green that are left. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I am thinking one of these two teams…

3 Likes

As far as i know, elemental def down doesnt work for slash attacks, only for tiles

1 Like

My first thougths, wondering if I have to switch Caedmon and Almur. All opinions welcome :relaxed:

I know Bryn’s healing does not work but her other buffs are great imho

2 Likes

Oh, tough one for me, this. Almost all my healers are green. Only got Mist as 4 *, that I can use. Flanked by Bjorn, I guess, since he has emblems, and may help just a bit vs. stacking purple opponents? Struggling with this one…My strongest heroes are red 3 *s too.

Good luck all :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

It’s like xmas and easter on the same day… :wink:

4 Likes

1st draft…

But maybe I would change some with Li Xiu and Proteus, specially Proteus+19.

1 Like

Yeah I’d go Caed-Hansel+18-Buddy-Proteus+19-Hansel

Yes Hansel and Proteus overlap, but Hansel is faster, and hopefully by the time Proteus fires his effect would’ve worn off already.

I too thought about yellow/purple flanks to make stacking awkward, then I realized purple is the disadvantaged color this time because Rigard is basically deadweight (if you want a cleanser), and only two fast purple (Gafar, Cheshire Cat), neither of which are too common, and one is kind of a lame duck on offense. In contrast, yellow has Chao and Mist, much more readily available, and Mist is a nice counter to just about every hero. So encouraging purples might not be a bad idea, whereas encouraging yellows might be riskier.

2 Likes

2nd draft…

2 Likes

Really? I’ve had a feeling that those hurt more after being hit by Frida or Panther…If that’s true, then the value of those heros in defence is not so great. :man_shrugging:t2:

Edit: I found this in the forum: “The only time element matters with a slash attack is if one of your heroes has an elemental defence down ailment applied to them and receives a slash attack from a hero of that element.”

So I guess it should work? :thinking:

2 Likes

Difficult one this. I have a plethora of green offensive and healer heroes at 4* but no tanks. I don’t really want to bring blue for the same reason, a lot of people will have a solid green attacking team and with red off the table I can see the green stacks rolling in thick and fast.

Thinking of this:

tournament1

Almur as he’s probably my best option at tank. Fast, hit 3 and his elemental defense down to nature can allow Caed and Hansel to really pack a punch with their specials.

Li Xiu on the flank to try and discourage yellow stacking for the likes of Mist, Chao and Jackal and generally be a pain in the butt with her mana cut.

Gafar on the wing because I don’t have a better option for that position but at least he’s fast, moderate sniper damage and some DoT. Hopefully he can keep out of trouble way out there.

2 Likes

naming team green instead of team Buddy will be unfair.

so go Buddy, everybody loves you

1 Like

That is correct. Elemental defense down increases all incoming damage from sources that match that element. That includes slash attacks on defense, hero specials and incoming tiles on offense.

The only one I’m not sure about is minions, as I’m unsure if they remain tied in terms of element to the original creator of the minions or if they assume the element of the hero they are attached to.

Edit: Actually, not even sure if minions have an element? They may not be affected either way. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Cool, thanks for clarification! :blush:
In that case, I’m sticking to Almur as a tank here. There’s a chance he could be very useful with 2 other greens in the team.

2 Likes