⚔ [20th Sept, 2020] - 74th Raid Tournament - 5* Bloody Battle, No Ice/ Blue

I’m running this…maybe…Seshat in @BubblesUK?:thinking:

2 Likes

Go Az

4 Likes

I’d definitely run some 4* over Clarissa and Roc.

Scarlett is Glassy but at +19? Rogues can be useful…
Proteus or cTibs will do much more for you than Clarissa too.

You’ll do much better running something like:
cTibs/Proteus - Scarlett - Ursena - JF - Joon

1 Like

Was thinking the same… And actually, I think I’d like to do more dmg if the opening board is not great, which means, faster front line. Will switch them, thanks once again! :heart:

2 Likes

Depends which heroes you fear most in attack…

Me? I don’t want dispellers coming at me, so I want to put people off bringing darks… Still leaves me open to Malosi, but banking on less people having him maxed than having one of Domitia/Seshat/Kage/Panther.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Tidy :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t run any green personally but depends what you have and how much you value what Kingston brings.

2 Likes

Scarlett over Lancelot ? Or both ?

Or better leave lancelot at home and stick to that

1 Like

For def down, Would you bring C. Vivica +7 or Gormek +16?

I’m running Kingston+12, C.Vivica+7, Marjana+13, LotL+5, Clarissa+5. Maybe 2 healers are too much for BB tournament :sweat_smile:

Not many red to set on defense, got on bench Grazul 3.70, Azlar 3.70, C.BT+3, Gormek+16, Scarlett+1.

1 Like

They’re both glassy… But Scarlett’s talents bring you dodge - far more emblems makes dodge more likely than revive.

2 Likes

My experience is that rainbow works best. Restricted replaced with a strong double.

King is my strongest green and resistant to red burn.

1 Like

I guess it depends on your depth of troops… I almost always exclude the colour that’s weak to the unpunishable colour, but that’s me!

I work on the assumption that lazy players will just roll mono in the unpunishable colour throughout the tourney (I know several who do).

2 Likes

It’s difficult to generalise across such a large playerbase but I also operate under this assumption and it seems to usually work in my favor. It would be interesting to know what % of players run almost exclusively mono, and how many of those that do will just stack either the unpunishable colour or the tanks counter colour.

1 Like

Think this is the best I can get. Any suggestion on order?

@BubblesUK @sleepyhead

1 Like

Oh, naturally!

It’s always worth remembering though that most players in the game don’t think hard or deeply about what they’re doing - there’s a reason so many newish posters wind up saying that they think about the game in a while different way after coming here!

I imagine a fair few run the unpunishable mono - it’s always neutral at worst, so whilst there will sometimes be a better option, there will always be worse ones too (the zero-strong mono for example :joy:).

I think we all have our assumptions when it comes to tournament defences… I usually do well on defence (as do my suggestions) so I’m happy with mine - but there can be different paths to good results :slight_smile:

1 Like

As minions is the only allowed life increase on Bloody Seshat is a staple…but not sure whom to take out.

1 Like

Swap Tyr in for Kingston.

Other than that, I think you’re decent!

Wings are both pretty low damage though the options are fairly limited… I guess you could run Kingston at wing, it’s the only place I’d consider a green this week (and only if options are limited).

2 Likes

Still thinking…bloody disables like 3/4 of Tyr’s abilities.

2 Likes

Really struggling on this one as I have very few options once blue and green are taken out of the mix. Red and purple are my worse colour at 5* with only Marj and Clarissa respectively, Marj only recently pulled from tc20 to boot so she is yet to be maxed. The race is on to get her 14 levels in 20h so I can dump some emblems into her. Other alternatives to take Marj place is really only Wilbur at 4* or Clarissa at 5* but I don’t have any paladin or monk emblems spare for either of them.

tournament1

3 Likes

What u guys think?

1 Like

Definitely! It’s why I like these raid tournament threads so much. Since reading and getting involved here my defense ratings have improved drastically and I’m currently on a roll with A rating in the last 4 tournaments, thanks greatly to the advise you and others dish out here. I also like the tactical side of raiding and building team comps so it’s insightful to see here explained some of the reasoning behind hero choices.

2 Likes