2022 Sneak Peek - Discussion

I love all the new content! Just as I was starting to taper off my playing they pull me right back in! So easily excitable! :grin: thanks for your creativity :two_hearts:

4 Likes

I had an issue with the amount of content there putting in and vented number of times but this year I’m going in with a different mind set and taking the advice of other’s and just do what I can and just play the interesting parts iv got time for and pull what I can with my low funds If I get a new hero then happy days .

SG obviously will keep filling it up with new stuff to keep top players interested so they keep playing and paying to keep the game going witch is fine with me.

I think to those that are getting frustrated with SG constantly filling it up with new content and power house heros need to make a choice to either just deal with it in the best way possible or call it quits.

Time to except it and move forward and enjoy the game.

11 Likes

In relation to the costumes thing:

• None of the rare will be getting any.
  • None of the epic heroes, if even thought about, will be getting any.
  • I expect nothing less than ALL of Season III heroes to eventually get a costume, notably:
    ** Frigg
    ** Odin
    ** Sif
    ** Alfrike
    ** Skadi (who might unironically be a 5* Frank)
    ** Freya
    ** Bera
    ** Baldur
    ** Gefjon (who I can see implying 3 fiends on a target or granting fiend immunity to herself)
  • I already expect Lepus and Killhare to be the ONLY Springvale heroes to get a costume. Roostley ain’t getting one and the aforementioned neglect of epic and rare heroes getting a costume bonus will continue into this year.
  • Release Season V costumes with those heroes too while you’re at it. Saves you enough time to focus on adding more events with their heroes to the game.

The sneak peak of the artwork for the Three Kingdoms thing gives very “Evony: The Dark Fate” claiming to have some war strategy gameplay, with empires such as “Korea,” “China,” and “Japan.”

4 Likes

So exciting! I can’t believe we’re going on the sixth year now. I feel like it hasn’t been that long since I joined, and apparently that’s almost two years ago now oops.

1 Like

Exactly!I play a game with this ability!

1 Like

Trying to give a general idea. So there are 5 dragons in the other game - each representing an element. First they have to be ‘tamed’ - to tame a dragon you need to collect dragon-specific shards from various places in the game (tbh, it doesn’t take more than a week to unlock 4 out of 5 so that aspect is pretty neglible; only the fifth dragon is PitA to unlock). After you unlocked the dragon, you can level them up by feeding them special thingies (one is general for all dragons and one is dragon-specific). Levelling them up upgrades their skill and adds new features/passives to it. Now, before every fight, you get to select which dragon you want to take with you. Every dragon deals a load of damage, but then their special differs; one heals your allies, one gives allies an armor, one prevents enemies from attacking and gaining mana for couple turns, one inflicts DoT. Then dragons can be used in fighting monsters only, just like Battle Items in E&P. Each fight has a ‘power gauge’ that you fill by making matches, combos and using special skills. Once it becomes active, you press a button, dragon flies in, does his whatever and flies away.

As I said, it makes sense there because there is no battle items. Also PVM is main focus in the other game as it is more accessible than PVP, more rewarding and more engaging. So you really get to rely on your dragon. In E&P adding anything to make PVM even easier would be just stupid. And I hope SG realizes that, and whatever this dragon update is, it will be something new and unique.

6 Likes

People really monitor their members this closely? Jeez. It’s a game.

12 Likes

Addition, bring back your LB tourney loot mechanism.

8 Likes

Beginning year six was what they meant I believe. March 1 17- March 1 22 is 5 full years.

1 Like

yes, every game has a competitive scene. this one is no exception.

it is useful to see progress, strengths and weaknesses for each member.

the game should offer those basic numbers. doing it manually unnecessary and isn’t a viable option.

2 Likes

They usually give us a little basket of goodies on their “birthday”. I hope they decide 5 years is important enough to give us a BIG basket!

4 Likes

If you care that much you can track it manually. Those sorts of metrics would far more be used to harass people for not hitting numbers. This would be a terrible thing to add

3 Likes

Great summary!

Perhaps the dragon will work exactly the same way. It would allow SG to make money by selling the mats to level the dragon. Since it would be for map/quest stages only, it wouldn’t effect modes with ranking and loot.

Based on that simplified version it seems like a win win for all. Money for sg. Content if you want it for players. Dragon benefit for players. No impact to ranked modes.

Of course that probably means getting by without a dragon could be a pain and everything that comes with that.

If I could use it to speed up auto farming, then I’ll probably be on board.

2 Likes

Oooh boyyyy! 2022’s sneak peek seems incredible! :blush: anything with dragons, I’m sooo on board with! Looking forward to trying out the soul exchange as well! And season v looks sweet as heck, I’d be extremely interested to see how SG’s takes on Anubis, Ra, Seth, Osiris etc are like !

Roll on 2022! :partying_face:

7 Likes

FAR BETTER GAME They’re doing a Great job still lots of room for improvement AND the way their cup system works is Outstanding If you stay top ANYTHING you get anywhere from 30-90 gems and you also get weekly Gems by keeping a good spot on the leader board. Far superior game Overall. Free gems yes free lots of stuff!!!

1 Like

The only fish affected by vela water damage …. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

harass?
it is meant to be a way for assessment positively.

you can already “harass” players using the existing numbers if the alliance is toxic. this is not a valid excuse to not have this feature.
this will give a extra layer of assessment for strengths and weaknesses.

a very simple example is titans.
let’s say player A does 120k damage on 7 flags and Player B does 120k in 2 flags on the same titan level and colour multiple times.

Player A can have room of improvement (not optimized team, wrong items used… etc)

we had cases like this and the player A drastically improved scores and was happy for the help… was that harassment?
same for wars and mythical titans if we have it.

@Star150m

I have to agree with @Shunt on this one and vote against bringing in this sort of automatic data collection by alliance leaders etc.
I appreciate that you want to and will use the data positively…
But from my experience some leaders use such data against players to identify who in their opinion is a “weak link” and apply penalties…. As an example I once had a leader who told alliance colleagues who could / couldn’t be in war after reviewing their rosters. Then told alliance colleagues who they must attack, who should be a tank buster, who should be a clean up team only until they were promoted in the alliance war strategy…
On a similar note one alliance co-leader monitored everyone to ensure they used 3 Titan flags in the first 12 hours and then called alliance colleagues out in chat …

My advice is this is a game, play it and have fun and build a positive alliance atmosphere…

If you want the burden of collecting masses of data that’s your decision

13 Likes

Wow, that counts as calling out? It’s a day-to-day in our alliance, and others on our level, and we ain’t even in top 100 anymore.

If people don’t want this kind of discipline and prefer casual then they are welcome to ignore the counts or leave/don’t bother the alliances that have such requirements. Shouldn’t be the reason to NOT implement it to benefit those who would like to rely on those and have to do all the counts manually in the current state.

Just a game, of course, but so is football. And well, people do tables in football at certain level.

8 Likes

The best thing in the announcement is definitely Soul Exchange which was very requested by players. I’m happy to see them listen at least this time.

New alliance quests are great addition too, just hope they gonna be more balanced than CoK…

Upgrades to the base - cool, hopefully without 2 week of waiting.

Very disappointed to see such a fast release of s3 costumes. Lets not forget that costumes were meant to upgrade s1 and other older heroes to keep up with the rest and now they are pushed for every hero. Obviously Alfrike and Frigg do not need such upgrades… Slap to the face of everyone who previously chased in s3.

Im afraid to see s5 heroes and because this is a bottomless well, not gonna chase any of new heroes this year. I hope this dragon stuff won’t revolve around summon portal, we don’t need so many new heroes each month.

8 Likes