2021 Sneak Peek - Discussion

I just want to do building upgrades. Iron has been useless for at least 6 months with no new buildings. We are at stronghold 25 but nothing else above 20. Why hasn’t any buildings been taken to 25 yet, if not all of them?

While I agree there is skill in the game, I don’t think your example of it is valid. Specifically the players and alliances that are routinely at the top are also the same ones who are spending loads of cash to have all the resources and expedite progress faster than any others due to the amount they are dropping. This isn’t to say that a truly F2P player or alliance can’t sometimes achieve a top spot from time to time, but certainly not consistently like you are suggesting. Having 10 5star heroes in total that are sitting at 3-70 on average, is entirely different than having 10 5star heroes for just one element, with all 10 emblemed.

The truth of the matter is that we do not have control of what tiles drop, so no matter how much time we spend on deciding the best way to work the board as it currently exists, what follows the removed tiles we have no way of manipulating, there-in lies the luck and lack of skill.

If I take my non-maxed no-emblemed team on a raid against a team with 1000+ team power over my own, the only way in which I win is through primarily luck. The board has to be in my favor long enough to allow me to knock out that team. However if I have a similar strength team I can survive a lack of needed tiles longer. Again, this is not skill but strength of resource.

Obviously if there are workable tiles I can survive longer and have a better impact through my ability to read the board, and match tiles efficiently and for maximum effect. There is skill in that indeed, but matching the tiles proficiently to achieve desired effects doesn’t help a bad board where you start with only 3 tiles you need that are completely separated, followed by more tiles you don’t need when you clear the other unwanted ones, compounded by unforeseen combos occurring from the introduction of the new tiles appearing, cascading useless tiles into the enemy and charging them at expedient rates.

Skill exists yes, but let us not delude ourselves into believing this game is more skill than it is RNG or resource strength.

Last post on skill in this thread, as it was already off-topic from the get go.

1 Like

Going back to @Rduke77 's point - there are people who perform well consistently who have equal or less resources than those in their alliance. So his point stands true, that it is extremely unlikely that their accounts are consistently luckier, but rather they are consistently more skillful (which includes playing the odds of moves when the board is against you, and in fact building teams to mitigate bard boards as much as possible).

And if you are consistently going 1000tp under your opponents then that is a different game you are playing to most people and in that case your game is reliant much more on luck than skill. In most cases you have a decent fighting chance without an over-reliance on a lucky board if you are going in no more than 500-600 tp than your opponent (obviously also depdendent on the heroes in play)

2 Likes

are you kidding me? you might as well create 6* heroes. I have been playing this game more than 2.5 years and begining with s3 and ninjas, Nearly my whole roster is going to be nothing with s4 heroes and events. the moment this game comes out as you showed in sneak peaks, I am out! That is enough money spending. You are most ambitious, most avaricius game company ever!

2 Likes

You know if i promise something it doesnt mean that i will only consider thinking about doing it when i have nothing else to do, i have the mood for it and the stars are alligned. They made us a promise 2+ years ago, dont tell me the goblin balloon and the ninja Tower were in plans even before that. They simply do anything but that. We have seen that if they want to do something they can do it in a single month so making us wait for 2+years for a feature they explicitly promised does not implicate that they want to do it in the first place. Who asked for the goblin thing? Literally no one yet they made it in a month or two. An actual way to deal with duplicates is the only feature that has been requested for years now and they promised us to do it. And if on their to do list the goblin thing that no one ever sked for is higher than the thing everybody wants and they promised then i think its safe to assume they never want to fulfill their promise so yeah they basically lied.

3 Likes

It is my opinion (with any backups, mind me) that they will adress duples only as last resource.

A sort of trump card when things start to get down.

2 Likes

Thats not how promises should be handled. They said they are working on it and since then we see everything in progress but that. So they basically lied. If you make a promise then you should do it asap not whenever you fancy, cause it defeats the purpose of the promise.

1 Like

I would not draw my sword over how much of a contribution to in-game success has skill or luck. Certainly both have, and also certainly, it varies a lot over individuals.

I know for sure how much influence luck has on my raids. Sometimes boards keep on showing me a middle finger during a whole day. Other times everything goes sweetly and smoothly, and I gain over 200 cups in one single run. And I know also that what keeps me in low diamond overnight is my two lucky draws: Black Knight and Mother North.

On the other hand, I also know that I can tweak initially bad boards to my advantage (at least if that’s not Cobalt, Frigg, Garnet, Odin and Onyx - each of those knows something murderous, no place where I could shoot the garbage). Plus, in many situations I can choose a winner hero who can shut down one or two of the dangers. So I wouldn’t claim that skill is not an important influence. It is. (Really, it’s like real life, this game.)

On another subject. I have just realized the paragraph about new hero upgrades in the sneak peak. It is tempting to explode over it and say “I don’t want any more of your horrendous power jumps, thank you!” But as a C2P, I am more bothered about the growing gap between my folks and the P2W society and my slow falling backwards than the power creep itself. If this new hero upgrade possibility is an alternative that can help upgrade my old bunch of heroes to the new requirements, then it can be good.

So I think I will hold back any further snappy judgment, and wait to see what this will be. Let’s see (but I agree if someone tells me they cannot find much basis for optimism in the past…)

3 Likes

Hello,

I am really tired to play this game. My 3 20 level training camp is working all day all night, last 3 months, I just recieve only 4 pcs 5 * star heroes, but they are useless, because I already have them. I played this game since 3 years, I am 69 level, but I just have only 2 green 5* heroes. is that fair? Why should I pay too much money? Now I am thinking to quit this game. Now you are making this game much complicated. There are lots of problem about the game, instead of the solve them, you are trying to encourage people for spend much more money. This is INSANE!. Everybody deserves better loots, I am really bored. Also times for leveling up buildings are too much. upgrading a food storage almost takes 6 days avarage. is that make sense? There are lots of game in google play store, I can play with that games instead of EP. Which is unfair to their loyal players.

2 Likes

No whales = no game.

2 Likes

you’re very welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

You won’t be seeing a mass exodus of whales.

Just my prediction.

The ones where money is genuinely no concern aren’t going to stop. And Pride and Ego are terrible things in anything competitive.

3 Likes

If we put the pay thing aside, what remains? Various new content. I like a lot of it but I think it’s going too fast. Even as a C2P, I can’t keep up. Old players? Maybe they will leave. New players? Perhaps they will give up early. SG, please slow down. Listen to the community (not the nerf corner). Check new things long and carefully and publish gradually. Calm down!

5 Likes

I hope there are quest within coins/key for each portal, maybe birthday quest, there are new retraining for 3* and 4* duplicate for non S1 heroes or retraining unused costume.

Something in the ballpark of what you suggest about 5* pulls works for most of us.
Empires should GUARANTEE 5* AFTER X PULLS.

Yes… GUARANTEE it.

And than do it!!

In ALL PULL AREAS WHERE 5* HEROES are among the heroes. Empires Keep a tally of your pulls in that PARTICULAR CATEGORY; AND AT SET # OF PULLS THERE COMES A 5*.

WHY NOT???
It’s reasonable and resonates among players.

Thanx

6 Likes

I don’t understand, why there is so many noise. Why old players should go away? I don’t know old player I’m or not (1+ year in the game), but I find this announce very interesting: new heroes, new map and so on. And I definitely will stay and play.

What about formations?

This is what they will do

• All-New Hero Upgrades : Grow your Heroes in power & level them up beyond the current max!
1 Like

Hopefully, they go with the route, I proposed in crafting legendary items, which can boost 3* and 4* while shifting stats of 5*…

This would offer new options of fine- tuning your heroes… You wish for Elkanen to do more dmg and heal and use him as wing hero? Throw 40 def for 30 attack and switch his legendary item to offense (example) :slight_smile:

There are some nice ideas, even when I completely disagree with this costume nonsense (which has been pointed out very well by devastating feedback from many players).

But: why is there still no sign of a solution for the multiple heroes problem? You want us to pay for as many pulls as possible and many players do! The problem is: we end up with lots of 5 heroes we don’t need or want and we will not feed them away since a 5 star hero is very rare and often expensive to get. We need a solution here and we need it desperately!* @Petri @Staff_SGG

I really appreciate all the work u are doing and this is not intended to become a simple wining post. We simply want a solution and you are late bringing it. Very late.

Best idea which u already know I suppose:

• Let us disassemble our duplicate heroes into magic dust which can be used to assemble a new hero choosen by us (you can make the exchange rate incredibly expensive but many players will be happy about it anyway); this has nothing to do with trading between players, it’s a simply crafting system!

So: may I politely suggest that you include that into your plans for the spring season? Please?

15 Likes