2021 Sneak Peek - Discussion

Quality of life upgrades: A bunch have been mentioned but no SG responses.

What about stackable autoplay? Everyone said SG has to make money or it won’t happen. Make it part of the VIP pass then. Or make it for players level 60 and higher who have grinded all the levels so many times. People will buy VIP for it. I will buy it. I want to fill a monster chest and not take my phone out of my pocket every few minutes to click three buttons to initiate another autoplay. It doesn’t replace loot tickets. Your phone is still tied up for 20 minutes or whatever, draining the battery, keeping you from going hiking. Whatever. Not the same as loot tickets.

4 Likes

I’m sure they’ve done analytics on just how many loot tickets less would be purchased and how much that hits their bottom line. It doesn’t matter that it would make for a much less grindy, more consumer pleasant game.

The power creep is fine. Having to pay for a balanced hero beyond what they’ve already done isnt and is gonna run a lot of loyal people off. Its gonna be funny as F when they try and have people chase the costumes for Telleria and Vela

If you think Drake and GM are now outdated, which they arent IMO, buff them but at least take of those heroes who are never used before you try have me chase a costume for Garnett and Cobalt and folks, thats coming and it looks to be sooner rather than later

Just enjoying the read =)

Very relaxing after quitting 3 months ago =)

16 Likes

I have signed up so i can post this comment:-

The comments in this thread are absolutely disastrous.
The people here aren’t new game honeymooners, they are the core of the player base.
But they are absolutely correct and justified.
How can we be pleased to hear about the prospect of further gambling?
How can we be excited for new heroes we will never ever get.
The game has died, as someone said, you are basically playing a slot machine.
It’s lost purpose because it’s predominantly fruitless spending, it’s the heroes that make the game function, they are the things you want, but are largely unattainable.
And yeah, eff’ing thanks for all the duplicates and their pointless existence and all the schmucks sat at 3.70 for ever more.
How about use a duplicate instead of waiting for a year to get 6 darts?
How about a summon without 3*?
How about summons where you are guaranteed not to get duplicate 5*s?
How about anything that is actually thoughtful for the players and heading what people are asking for?
We are hear, we are playing, how about you give us a reason to enjoy playing again, to keep enjoying playing.

10 Likes

There isn’t any balance now and hasn’t been since I started nearly 2 years ago. Past and more powerful HOTM were not available to me and made a big difference. Money talked even then.

Today we have so many 5* that unless you are prepared to spend house deposit levels of cash you just have to make do with what it gives you.

Which is what the vast majority of the player base does. When you have none of the heroes getting new costumes it’s not any different already. The player with the roster they have scraped together can’t exactly go toe to toe with the players who spend over $5K at the ninja portal.

Those same players who threw money at the event heroes that were very strong.

So what difference does all this new content make to the vast majority of the player base? Not a lot tbh. They will try and get the odd new hero and they will play the game with what they have.

The only people I can see getting truly annoyed are those who did throw their wallets getting Jabberwock, Killhare, Finley etc etc etc. And the only reason they are getting annoyed is they know the people with infinite budgets are going to go and get the new ones and suddenly they will feel left behind.

Welcome to our world quite frankly.

I’m looking forward to seeing new things to do, I compete pretty well on a vast fraction of the whales spending. I don’t expect nor want to be number 1. Who actually cares? It’s not like I’ll walk down the street and people will stop and go “Look that’s Cheds, he’s number 1 at Empires and Puzzles!! SQQQUEEEE!”

But if all the whales quit like they are threatening (let’s see how that ends…) it just means the game actually gets easier for those of us below them.

7 Likes

one of the big problems that I see is that we only talk about heroes.
There hasn’t been any real change to the game’s playability since it came out. it gets boring just collecting cards. the only novelties in years have been tournaments, mystical titans and tower ninja, not original ideas on the other hand. but they haven’t even been able to bring out new titans !!! the 14 * titans are the same with more life !!!
after almost 4 years something new would be appreciated that was not exclusively new heroes. different titans in both looks and abilities.
wars, tournaments and raids are the most fun part of the game. the rest is played automatically.
Hopefully some change in the wars that makes them more interesting and fun, beyond new rules similar to tournaments that do not contribute anything. it would be nice to be able to distribute the teams within a battlefield. go conquering objectives and obtain points for them.
On the other hand, the events are fine, but they are all the same, only the bosses differ.

1 Like

A few language barriers in coming. Try to not interpret this the wrong way due to those. This is my third language.

SG only cares about green in their pockets. They want us to chase 50+ “Guineveres” this year. The one and only idea behind these costumes for heroes that don’t need them, is money. Literally nothing else. It’s painfully obvious. Not to mention other OP heroes.

Yes indeed, this is business.

You buffed old heroes with costumes. It did benefit the game. Money made for you. Nice.

Now you’re buffing heroes that don’t need costumes. It won’t benefit the game, more powercreep, game turns more and more less balanced. But you’ll still make money for sure.

Your customers aren’t happy. It should be common knowledge that money should be walking hand in hand with good content that’s reasonable.

And these #nospend campaigns won’t do a ■■■■. Let’s stick to the brutal truth now. It’s not going to work in a game filled with lots of addicts. Common knowledge. That’s why they haven’t accomplished a damn thing so far. They’re useless, they aren’t going to stop anyone’s addiction.

Nor has constructive, well thought out feedback done anything either that they keep asking for and keep ignoring. That one hasn’t worked for years.

So what will work?

Only one thing remains left. When the community has become toxic and negative enough, that’ll be when things might start to change for the better. It’s inevitable, going to happen either way thanks the way you’re going.

So flagging and banning people only because what they’re writing isn’t convenient to you @moderators @Staff_SGG, won’t change anything either. The sooner you’d focus more on your attitudes instead of ours, the sooner this community will get more positive again. You need to understand that the way you’re shaping the game, that’s how the community will get shaped too.

Common knowledge.

And if flagging my post will help you sleep tonight, go ahead. But I for one wouldn’t sleep well knowing I’ve made lots of cash on addicts and others who just wish to enjoy a well balanced game with fair gaming content that would benefit everyone, both the community and the company.

4 Likes

@Cheds Mine was a response to the post below…

Some people think costumes make old forgotten heroes useful again. But I don’t think so.

It is totally crazy but you have to PULL to get those costumes regardless of whether you have the original or not. Costumes have nothing to do with fixing or balancing heroes. They are just completely NEW heroes themselves.

So it doesn’t matter which costume SGG releases first. Unless they fix this stupid costume pulling system.

5 Likes

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Vladimir-Putin-Clapping

You listened to your consumers here on the forums and you delivered what we all wanted!! Congratulations are in order, not just to you SGG but to the clear majority of us users who have been clamoring for:

MOAR COSTUMES!!
MOAR NEW HEROES LIKE PRE-NERF TELLURIA!!
MOAR WAYS TO SPEND OUR MONEYZ!!

I, and I know I speak for all users of this forum, am super excited for all that is in store for us this year! Just the other day I was lamenting about how I spent those gems and resources acquiring and levelling Drake and Lady of the Lake because surely there had to be better heroes; there is! costumed versions of them!! Of course I will chase after their costumed versions that have an admittedly generous and accommodating percentage chance!

Cheers to you SGG, but a greater number of cheers to all of us loyal players for finally getting what we have been asking for!

9 Likes

I agree 1000%. I spend a ton on this game, but why would I continue to do so, when the heroes I get become obsolete due to the huge power creep. Not to mention I have spent to get heroes, just to have them nerfed, and then talk about buffing some of the best heroes in the game lol. SG is becoming a joke, and I am beyond disgusted at how blatant they are being about how much they care about immediate profits, despite long term losses that will inevitably follow.

5 Likes

SG fangirl alert. SG does no wrong, and the go to “if you dont like it leave” crap. We complain about ridiculous SG decisions because we DO like the game, and dont want to see if fail. And if you think we are the minority, and you are the majority, you dont talk to many E&P players lol.

9 Likes

Can’t help but think the people saying how great the new features will be are either devs, beta testers, or kids with wealthy parents. It’s all just money grabs. The reason S1 needed costumes is because they were weaker than most of us newer heroes. Stop already! And leveling heroes beyond emblems is ridiculous. Why don’t you just introduce a whole new batch of 6* heroes, or 7* to generate revenue. You’ve already made it near impossible for a new player to ever catch up. It literally takes years just to max out all the buildings. Used to be a 4.7 on Google Play, now 4.2. This time next year, probably around 3.9.

8 Likes

After reading the sneak peek, I guess:

• I won’t renew my VIP pass
  • I will wait 2023 for new S6 heroes that will make S4 and S5 so ridiculous that players that spent money in game in 2021/2022 will fill cheated with their ridiculous 5*
  • I will spent less time on EP
  • I will dream to QoL as this is clearly not a priorty in this sneak peek.

RIP EP.

14 Likes

There are some good points made by Samantha7 and Cheds (among others), but I think some people only see others being angry about “greed” and “moneyz” and are missing the larger complaint from a great number of us. That complaint is about balance more than anything else, and that balance affects everyone including F2P and C2P players.

Costumes are cool, really, but they don’t solve the balance issue with S1 heroes because:

1. The costumes don’t replace the vanilla heroes but simply add a new hero
  2. The vanilla S1 hero is who you still pull in all portals (aside from the Costume Chamber) alongside the specific heroes for that event/season/etc.

All this means is that the S1 heroes have not been balanced and still dilute the population. Yet SGG tried to pass it off as “balancing” when in reality it was nothing more than a cash grab. This is a blatant display that the company making this game have zero desire to balance the game as a whole.
This same issue plagues a number of the S2 heroes as well, but it is especially obvious with the S1 heroes as Season 4 is almost upon us, with no remediation in sight.

Add in the power creep with the fear that SGG won’t listen to the Beta testers (they haven’t generally) and there is reasonable fear that the S4 heroes will be stupid OP in relation especially to S1 heroes, but potentially most all heroes.

Most of us aren’t looking to be Number 1 in anything, but want a game that generally stays competitive for everyone playing regardless of wallet size, and currently SGG is not showing a clear display of being on-board with that idea. All of this is exacerbated by the fact that this game is not skill based but luck dependent, so you can’t overcome imbalances through skill like you can in other games.

P.S. People come up to me on the street all the time and congratulate me for my Empires and Puzzles achievements Cheds. My doctor says it is my unmedicated Schizophrenia, but I don’t trust his diagnosis, I am pretty sure I am famous and he is just jealous.

18 Likes

Seems like very exciting!!! Don’t have good luck with pulling 5 star heroes though …still I am excited…let’s see how crazy it gets …especially the Dark lord…also I have been waiting a while to be a beta tester …when does it opens up??? Thanks

I’m in agreement with most of the comments that I read here. These updates sound horrible and not for the benefit of players. These updates are obvious attempts to squeeze every last cent from the players that helped make this game what it is.

I feel silly putting so much time and money into this company for them to even think these updates are a good idea. Is telluria going to get a costume to put her back to her normal state? Make people spend more money to get her and then realize she is used too much and then take the costume away?

SG obviously doesn’t listen to it’s players when we say no! We don’t want new costumes for already strong heroes. What the heck is up with maxing already maxed heroes higher? I honestly don’t want to know because everything SG does is to benefit their own greed and is not to make the game better.

Just knowing this is the direction the game is going, I for one am not going to spend another cent on summons again. It’s sad I’ve lost my top 3 hitters due to these new decisions and am sure I will lose more. Who knows maybe this will finally bring me to the point where I never log onto this game again

20 Likes

@JGE

I bet it’s your forumversary :joy:

4 Likes

It’ll be a new ascension mat with a .00000001% drop rate. You’ll have enough to power up your favorite hero in 2029.

2 Likes