2021 Sneak Peek - Discussion

The point of S1 costumes to me were to even out the balance on the broken heros u have made to money grab everyone then nerf anyways… its like I went out to buy a vacuum and came home with a leaky lemon car… bring they game back to family fun like 2xp time & actually raise the bar of percent of chance for 5* heros and people will summon more… but why would u help the lil guys that come to this game for the fun when u got spoiled brats spending 100s at a time for their Finley frigg ninja Odin ninja broken line up … o wait now they will get costumes… what a joke

11 Likes

focus on QoL improvements first, then add the fancy stuff. actually do we really need most of the fancy stuff? no, mostly not.

you’re losing your player base. here is the reasons and what you can do about them;

• training camps are obsolete, lvl 1, 2, 11 maybe 13 or 20, rest are useless, isn’t it time to update them?
  • most needed 1-2* items are damn so scarce, you have to farm them in Atlantis Rises, maybe adjust the rates?
  • for large rosters it is pain to manage heroes, you’ve added sorting options but it is still awful. add some filtering options, is it that hard to implement?
  • and give us what you promised two+ years ago, a real way to make use of duplicate or unwanted heroes. don’t think we forgot the hero academy fiasco/disappointment, add some options like retire or unascend etc. forum is full of great suggestions
  • we, alliance leaders, keep asking more ways to manage our alliances, where is your answer to this need? at least let us know who is joining to the war before matchmaking is done
  • add some kind of API to get stats from titan hits and alliance wars, the pain of trying to keep track of our members is real. collect screenshots, read every Frigg’in small number multiple times trying not to make a mistake, make guess works to determine who threw harpoons and who used flask, fill cells in spreadsheets by hand. just provide a read-only restful API and this pain goes away.
  • add basic ways to export or show our roster to alliance leaders for easy recruitment and team management
  • fix disconnection drama by allowing to continue an attack within a timeframe
  • add a league system for wars. for top league each member should have 8 attacks, in middle league 6 and in bottom 4 attacks, this way wars will feel more like a e-sports game than a multi-player slot machine game
  • add new puzzle mechanics to raids and wars like new special tiles, different board types
  • add a replay function to raids and wars, it usually is too late to hit the record button, it is especially important for reporting bugs and weird behaviors

damn, i can add tons of things to this list. this game is losing focus by trying to add more heroes.

please don’t forget, we don’t need fancy cars when the road is simply crap

111 Likes

Oh boy, look at all the heroes you can nerf after selling. So many opportunities to swindle your paying customers. You guys are killing it. Really.

16 Likes

Where is our promised duplicate hero solution?

So far I have read spend more in new events, spend more in a new season, spend more trying to keep your heroes relevant.

Please focus on more QOL like the friendly raids which have been requested for years and are finally on the way

41 Likes

It’s nice that a lot of new heroes are coming, I just don’t have ascending material for old heroes, so it doesn’t even make sense to shoot new portals so that unleved heroes become in stock for me. You’d better add ascend materials in rewards, for example in element chest I haven’t had anything 4 * for the rise of heroes for almost a year … And I’m waiting for free buffs for incompetent heroes, not just paying for buffs in the form of costumes.

6 Likes

Sneak Peek! Yay!

Friendly Matches :crossed_swords:

This is nice little feature that may actually come useful in all kind of ways. I think more organized alliances will make it a good testing tool to evaluate defenses or test new heroes and synergies. While some polishing may be needed in the future, I think soon we will not imagine how we could play this game for so long without it.

Challenge Event: “League of Villains”

I generally dislike overflowing game with new heroes that 99% of the players will not be able to obtain. It’s fake content. There were several concerns regarding the ‘new’ round of events which Villains are to start, but at least the most recent iteration of these in beta shown that power creep will slow down a bit. Fingers crossed that this is done right, but further diluting the event hero pool by introducing new ones with ‘must have’ pulls is raising some concerns and I’ll be looking at the development of events cautiously.

Season IV - “Explorers of the Abyss”

I think it is a bit too fast - the Valhalla didn’t have time to get old yet and wasn’t even a month since I celebrated pulling Gefjon and now she already looks like song of the past. Mixed feelings, but it’s coming anyway so I will at least hope that gameplay wise it will introduce some fun challenges, as proceeding with Valhalla stages felt pretty dull.

New Costumes for Event Heroes

Looking at the artworks it seems that what we saw in beta was just tip of the iceberg and the work on this concept is pretty advanced. I dare to appeal to SG’s sense once again - if this is to come to the game, there are ways to make it right and there are ways to make it terrible. If you introduce hero costumes that can be grinded for by playing with the hero a lot and completing a special quest/challenge (win x raid, deal x amount of damage, kill x heroes, attack titan x times etc) it will be an amazing addition to the game, bringing more goals beyond just pulling and maxing a hero. However, if you introduce the costumes solely to the summon portals and ask players to once again summon heroes that they spent A LOT to summon for the first time, it will put the community on fire and burn all the trust we had to the game. People will still summon. People’s summoning budgets won’t magically double only because you double the amount of portals to be interested in. If this needs to make profit, allow to hasten the ‘unlocking’ progress with gems or something. But please - PLEASE - do not introduce double selling to the game because I will never trust any summon portal again.

New Event: “Starfall Circus”

This is not labeled as Challenge Event - is it something separate, like Ninja tower? Anyways, what I see for now is more heroes I will want to summon so nothing new. Looking for more details about it.

• All-New Hero Upgrades : Grow your Heroes in power & level them up beyond the current max!

This is interesting and terrifying at the same time… As I outlined a lot in the past - if heroes are more powerful then the outcome of matches will be more and more relying on RNG and good/bad boards and less on the strategies and proper hero selection. We saw how the emblem system worked out before it was reworked and how it created a bottleneck which resulted in meta staleness due to the costs involved in reembleming etc. Even best heroes without emblems couldn’t compete with good heroes that were emblemmed. It was terrible in wars where everyone had their A+ cards in defense and you just couldn’t have 6 teams of A+ cards in offense. I hope whatever is introduced it will be well thought of. Though once again - I couldn’t care less about making heroes MORE powerful in general. Autofarming levels that are supposed to be difficult is not fun. Match outcomes depending on the boards is not fun. Power gaps are not fun. And making it locked behind another paywall like emblems is very much not fun.

• All-New War Feature ! More information coming up later this year!

Similar to Raid Formations, I think that this game requires meta-game updates which will make it more interesting and add some depth to it. Nothing was said yet, but I’m hopeful it’s not just the “elemental charge up” rule disguised as something groundbreaking. We need real updates to the very rules of the game, else it will just become dull.

• More Quality of Life changes to make playing even more enjoyable

FINGERS CROSSED! There is so much to add in this space. I hope hero duplicate management is one of those.

Anyways. Looks like an important year ahead that could define whether E&P has bright future in 2021 and beyond or can bury it all. As always, though I do not spare criticism where I feel it’s needed, I deeply believe that SG wants to keep this game fun for players and successful. Fingers crossed it will work out. :crossed_fingers: :+1:

46 Likes

Why not reserve the negative feedback for after the release of the specific sneak peak? Season 4 should be more difficult than 1, 2 and 3. So that means we need stronger heroes. It seems like that is being provided for no matter if you spend or don’t, i.e. maxing heroes beyond current levels. At least the game is being kept fresh with new content and opportunity. To be honest, you can pick and choose what you actually play so, I don’t see the problem. So most of us will never be top 100 material. There is more to this game than the ultimate level of achievement. Spend, don’t spend, quit, go casual, no one is forcing your decision. There is still a game outside the leader board. And this is a rated Casual game. Why so serious?
It looks like 2021 could have some fun to it. Game on.

4 Likes

Some perspective from your favourite SGG fanboi :joy::joy:

From the 5 current Events I have a total of 3 5* heroes (Finley, G.Panther & G.Chameleon). So there 3 events where I have had the total of 0 hero’s

From the 4 seasonal events I have the total of 0 5* heroes. Never gotten a single one.

I have 4 Atlantis 5* and 5 Valhalla 5* (no Frigg or Odin) and 3 5* Costumes (none of the 2nd wave ones)

I haven’t done the maths but I have a tiny slice of the 5* pie. The rest of my 5* are HOTM, some clearly better than others.

I can write an essay on the power heroes I don’t have but you can see from the above I clearly don’t have BK, Jabber, Killhare. Valhalla has probably been the kindest to me despite not machine-gunning it with pulls. I have Heimdall & Gefjon so I’m not complaining, they are amazing.

My alliance sits around the 500 mark (we were 445th in the Mythic ranks) and I finish Top 1% in nearly everything I do. Costumes have made a lot of my 4* very viable to mix in and compete. I sit around 2600 cups on average.

I haven’t chased every hero in the game (clearly) and yet here I am playing at a high level and enjoying it.

If, like me, you are stuck in a lockdown and working from home the games ability to always have something to do helps with my loneliness during the day. There’s things to do and with an active alliance chat people to talk to. Just me speaking but I don’t know what I’d have done without this interactive fidget spinner to help keep me distracted when I need distractions.

More content means more heroes, I get that. My track record on getting a lot of them is very poor already so that part I just shrug tbh.

But more content is great. My dislike of Ninja Tower aside (I won’t deny it keeps me occupied for a weekend, I just dislike the mechanics) the new Mythic has been a lot of fun. We manage Titans very closely in our alliance and the ability to throw off the shackles and just go totally for the throat is a lot of fun. Bar a few bugs it’s a perfect addition (so SGG, iron out the bugs…)

I look at the new stuff and nothing fills me with dread. My Finley won’t be on the scrapheap. I use none-costumed Marjana, Quintus and Vivica still to great effect. A new costume would be lovely for them but it’s not been essential to me.

So I’m sure I’ll as usual stand out as the only light in the gloom of this but I read all the coming content and it made me happy. Heroes will come if they want to, content though I can play with what I have.

21 Likes

hello to the community.

2020 saw the end of playaparttogether.
2021 heralds start of #playapartfromsg/zynga.

i envisage a not too distant future where i will have to find a new game.

most of what i want to say has already been said by others in this thread and other threads on the forum, so here is my little addition.

as an f2p player it is hard enough keeping up with the game currently, with so much difficulty getting the best heroes, but then lo and behold - no ascension mats, waiting, waiting for ascension mats, finally get your hero maxed and … “i’d like to help you son, but your hero’s out of date”, sometimes i wonder what i’ma gonna do, but there aint no cure for the sg money grab.

fine thought mr luigi, but what time would that be? the calender is quite full as it is and more is to be added. plus people also have lives to live and family to be with, etc.

10 Likes

Dear SG
I quit spending on this game around 10 months ago after spending enough to get about 12 hotm in a row as well as (obviously) a lot of other 5* from different events etc. I don’t regret quitting that for a second and nothing from this sneak peak is going to change that. You have the probably worst game available now content wise. No login rewards, no mercy system, the worst odds for pulling a decent champ and you are ■■■■■■■■■ buffing already op champs behind a paywall after nerfing other heroes that was behind an even more limited paywall? Way to go. I used to recommend this game to friends back in the day. There are better games out there now and your new content is not going to change that.

21 Likes

New heroes and new events should be welcome if it’s not OP
I think the pace of new heroes getting stronger is too fast
Even if I’m lucky enough to get the legend, it’s out of date by the time I finish growing it.

7 Likes

Nie jestem przekonana do kostiumów hotm czy kart z eventu. Ludzie znów będą narzekać że karty za silne… Po co dajecie fajne silne karty takie jak ogyn frigg skoro zaraz potem je niszczyciel!!! ! Gram 3 lata… I mogli byście w końcu zrobić coś z tym narzekaniem… W tej grze rządzą klocki! Dlaczego pasujecie karty???

1 Like

You’re lucky. If you ever finish growing one, they just nerf it anyway.

5 Likes

Voltando ao assunto isso da Torre de Vigia isso poderia ser para qualquer Play isso é espólios em dobro por assistir um vídeo

I am afraid SG is more and more creating a happy playground for the few who can spend big in the game and making it more and more frustrating for the average players like us who can’t keep up anymore. Not to speak of the F2P players. Our ally is at this moment already speaking on how to leave the game altogether and begin an ally in a game with more eye for the players and equal chances and less for money. It is sad to say, because on average we to have spend much money in the game over the years, but that seemes of no interest to the makers anymore.

12 Likes

I’m not sure what you were hoping to accomplish with this thread. Surely you knew that most of the responses would be negative.

Costumes should stop with S1 heroes. There are plenty of event heroes and old HotMs that could use a buff. But buffing heroes doesn’t generate income, does it? Can’t have that. I know! Let’s add costumes to the heroes that are already strong! Then, after people invest in the new costumes, we can nerf the heroes because they’re in too many defenses! Brilliant!

And you keep adding more and more events with no breath in between. It’s hard and tiring to finish everything some days. And I have 64 world energy. Imagine how it is for lower level players. Well I guess they should just buy refills!

I’ve already cut my spending down to vip and pov but with your continued blatant cash grabs and total lack of regard for what your player base is telling you we’ll see how long that lasts.

42 Likes

Even more updates to make S1 heroes even less relevant. If you want to lose all long term F2P and C2P players and probably a large percentage of medium spenders then keep it up.

Do you want continued long term sustainability or a short term income? Start thinking about the users.

14 Likes

Dear Zynga/SG. It is too late in the evolution of the game to introduce another feature to make heros ‘even more powerful’, something akin to I dont know…hero artifacts?

Not that anyone is listening anyways…this all reeks of a cash grab, the feedback is clear.

This is what happens when the venture capitalists (lets stop putting all the blame the ‘devs’ they aren’t the ones to blame they just develop what they are told to develop) are making all of the decisions about new features.

14 Likes

All this new content is great, but…emojis. I want emojis! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: hopefully the “quality of life” additions include this much needed update to the current in-game chat! :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

What we really wanted for 2021 was to make sure we would continue playing a healthy and long-lasting fun game, but unfortunately that is not the prediction for this year.

Instead we will be facing with the greatest powercreep the game has faced, with the addition of new costumed heroes for the greatest heroes of the game. Really? Are we being forced to summon our best heroes again?

SG has found a way to make the game revelant for them, and that is to make your roster worse day by day, mistrust, lack of communication, and truthfulness. (why would they say they “agree” it was a bad idea rolling costumes for Gravemaker and company, yet they will implement the idea despite our efforts to make weaker hereos better)

I have seen many many recomendations and suggestions, but WE ARE NOT HEARD. Even beta testers are not heard.

Let us remind them what we really wanted for 2021.

33 Likes