2021 Sneak Peek - Discussion

@JGE

I bet it’s your forumversary :joy:

3 Likes

It’ll be a new ascension mat with a .00000001% drop rate. You’ll have enough to power up your favorite hero in 2029.

2 Likes

Most of what you wrote I agree with to some level or another, but I have to strongly disagree witih this particular statement.

If this were the case then there would be no possibility of players with sub-optimal rosters consistently performing well in raids, raid tournies and wars - and some players do, consistently. I have seen videos of skilled players and how they overcome bad boards and I have seen videos of players who have just put in some money to get good heroes and just move some sh*t around and create a bad board from an average board… and I have have experienced enough myself to undertand there is a very large skill element in the game - broken down by board manipulation, roster selecion, opponent selection, and general knowledge of heroes and specials - to complement roster/troops/emblems and luck factor (which I honestly believe is smaller than the skill component)

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t agree with the OP that it’s all luck based, but I also don’t agree with you that a large chunk of it is skill. I think, and I may be wrong, that the OP mainly means that you can have all the skill in the world (expert skill matching, perfect rotation, great matching recognition) but still get beat because of unlucky boards. And the people you’ve watched “overcome” bad boards. I mean, honestly that’s just a way of saying their luck changed on the RNG of the board drops after matches. There’s only so much you can make of a bad board before it becomes the reason you lose.

So this is a mixture of skill and luck which makes it less possible to cross a divide in wallet power, but not as impossible as a complete luck game.

2 Likes

As a fellow FTP I cannot stop you obviously if you or @tomb like this game. Keep playing if you want - that is your prerogative.

But as you know, one of our most valuable commodities (for ALL gamers) is our precious time.

The gap between FTP and others just widened substantially with the introduction of event / non-classic costumes.

The time taken to reduce that gap (forget about closing it - all FTP accept that the gap cannot be closed) has just rocketed exponentially. The larger the gap in any game (in my opinion), the less enjoyable to the FTP.

Now you say that you enjoy this game, and I don’t doubt that you do (I did once).

However, is E&P such a unique game that you CANNOT find the same (if not better) enjoyment elsewhere? The answer is a hard and definite no.

“Enjoyment” of this game is not absolute. It is all relative. You do not know what you are missing until you explore elsewhere.

I also approach this from the perspective of: which games out there provide the most value to FTP players?

Certainly not this game that requires you to grind 3-4 months to get a ten pull. I play a game right now where I can do a ten pull every 1-1.5 weeks or so (sometimes more, sometimes less).

And now that E&P 10 pull is way less meaningful with the release of these costumes because you need more of those 10 pulls to keep up with the meta or at least stay semi-competitive.

If you want to stay at this particular level of enjoyment, after all I have said, so be it. Enjoy.

6 Likes

Exactly. If it makes you feel better Homer I can edit my post to say “largely skill based”, but let’s not kid ourselves here…E&P is not Chess, Go, an FPS like CoD or Quake or any other FPS, this is not World of Tanks, nor Dirt or Gran Turismo or Forza, this is not Starcraft, not Virtua Fighter or Street Fighter or many fighting games, this is not Tetris.

E&P has some skill, but knowledge and prep are larger requirements, with luck being the biggest factor.

My entire time playing this game I have punched above my weight in raids (because a team with 40 cups is a better target than one with 15 cups) and in war (because every alliance I have been in has been more advanced in levels then I) and have succeeded far too frequently. The amount of teams I have taken down that had a power level 1000+ than my attack team has been stupendous, and even more have been taken down that were 500+. Why? RNG. I have run mono attack teams consisting of non-maxed 4s to wipe out defenses with maxed and emblemed 5s.

Certainly taking the time to assess the board and match specific tiles is important, but this is predominantly a luck(RNG) based game.

2 Likes

@Petri or @Guvnor if you know:

A couple people have asked this with no response…

" "I wonder what this means: ”All-New Hero Upgrades: Grow your Heroes in power & level them up beyond the current max!” ? " "

What is the answer? Please explain.

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

So will the 5* drop rate increase? Been playing over a year and only got 1 while friends of mine have 6 or even 8 in the same time or even shorter. Its taking the fun out of the game for me tbh.

1 Like

My guess is there is probably going to be a Pants Portal.

If you pull the item called @Petri’s Pants (0.1% chance) you get to increase your Gravemaker’s level by 5 :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Using duplicate heroes, u will boost the stats of ur original hero

2 Likes

@Staff_SGG Thank you for all the hard work and time you guys spent to create new events and hero’s which keeps the game more interesting. All new events and hero’s looks amazing.

My only concern is F2P and C2P players should get an option to train S2 hero’s atleast now. It’s been so long tc20 is only delivering S1 hero’s and all long time players have them in their roaster already. Even S1 costumes are behind paywall.

HA does give option to retrain but 5% chance and one retrain for 7 days takes lots of time. If people can train S2 hero in tc20 just like S1 hero’s and get some new hero’s to be competitive in game then there will be less complaints about release of new hero’s in game and most of the players base will be happy.

2 Likes

£100 a month, listen to yourself, my food bill is less than that. And youre saying its not hard to obtain good heroes, at 100 a month id want to fkn own atlantis and valhalla. It is not luck at 100 a month.

5 Likes

Hope that is not upgraded by merging same hero, which is absolutely a bad idea, I don’t care if Bane or Dawa can be upgraded…

I’ve played Chess, I’ve played COD/Halo etc, I’ve played GT, I’ve played Soul Calibur, Tetris, a ton of RPGs. E&P has a huge amount of strategy which is comparable to many of those - a lot of it is hidden, but is definitely there. I am finding new ways to play with new tactics every day - going from mono to rainbow offers a whole new style of play. Even picking up a new hero offers a whole new dimension - I am discovering the synergies between Lady Loki and Myztero. Myztero is particularly strong against Tel as he can usually slow the enemy mana down before the flanks have charged. Myztero is great against Bera tanks as he can throw back the poision and minion block to all, allowing you to dump tiles into her as much as you want without fear of her special doing anything.

There are so many layers of play in the actual board - yes the starting board is RNG, yes there is RNG in replacement tiles - but you learn to understand how to play the odds. You learn how many tiles will trigger an opposing hero (you may want to do that, or you may want to avoid it). You learn how to trigger cascades, and you learn how to minimise your footprint.

The specials are another dimension, particularly with newer heroes. Ninjas, tile-dependent heroes, hero counters, taunters, mana controllers, cloners, status returners… there is a lot of thinking to be done in each and every match, vs how it probably was af the start with a bunch of pretty basic hitters and healers

Whenever I lose I look back and think why did I lose - and as long as I am bringing a team that has a decent chance of winning against the team I went up against, then in almost every matchup I can recognise a timing or targetting mistake or a wrong board move that directly influenced the outcome. The other day in war there was a board that I conceded was unwinnable due to lack of tiles - but I get one of those maybe once every 20 boards, if that. As long as I prepare right, play the board right, make the right choices with which specials to charge up first and which to fire and the order to fire and who to target - 95% are winnable. Regardless of the starting board. And that tells me that skill > luck, by quite a margin

Quite honestly I just don’t get why anyone would play this game if they genuinely believed that luck plays a greater part than skill. That would suck the challenge and sense of progression and accomplishment right out of it for me

4 Likes

Not when by design your heroes are left powerless to new ones

some great players of the game will disappear … or will be playing with pity of their money spent in the game … what will be left are Warriors without spending money …

1 Like

I like most top warriors … we don’t care about the game anymore … we only play because we have a lot of euros invested in this game … because we play really hard … the great warriors don’t care anymore

It doesn’t matter if it is first or last … nobody cares about + the game

But the nostalgia is when the game … was a strategy … it was correct … there was no Nerf … there was no costume … there was no SG greed etc etc … miss our rivalries … healthy

1 Like

The telly costume will be AWESOME, until it gets nerfed at least.

1 Like

Cookie Settings