2021 HOTM - Best Heroes

What I’ve found about the 2021 is they are all to some degree more nuanced than a lot of the newer event heroes. You don’t have a single one which is a must have but they mostly all have a use in various aspects of the game.

The slower heroes (Bertila & Chocolate lizard) are good in rush in certain circumstances. An alliance mate uses Bertila when an opponent has Santa on the opposing side and uses Bertila to fling his debuff back. Choc does similar things with Mana buff. Are they niche? Yes. Do they do that niche well? Yes.

Then you have other heroes that bring something useful to the party like Devana’a dispell, Hanitra’s Dodge & Heal, Uraeus big hit and minion DoT, Elradirs reflect.

I actually really like Malicna in rush. Sure shes random but she hits hard enough to warrant my use. But my Purples are hardcore killers so that does help any purple…even Quintus is death in my purple rush team.

Alexandrine- I want to love her in general play but it just doesn’t work great. She’s brilliant in Titan though. Gets picked every Red no issues. I may give her a run out next Rush war and see if that changes my opinions.

Frosth I just don’t use minions enough to gain the benefit and right down the bottom now is probably Yang Mai. She’s somewhat fallen out of favour in my roster now.

All of the above may change when the Family bonus hits. Which currently is looking pretty awesome.

2 Likes

I think that bonus is going to be a boost to crit chance. Well in defense you could try pair someone with Hanitra - though no really good defense options here; maybe Frosth, maybe Elradir as casting that elemental link of theirs on all allies wouldn’t be bad, but really, no hero to shine on defense here other than Hanitra. Offensively, crit chance is going to be pretty handy but mostly if you stack color. So any combination of stack involving those yellow HotMs would be decent for that. If you stack in 3+2, there’s plenty of options here, though mostly for unique scenarios so anyone with anyone can pretty much work. A bonus use is that crit chance on titans - though I think in my case that would be something to be mindful of for secondary mythic titan hits as my regular titan hits are already crowded with the -defs + attacks etc. and crit is secondary to those I think.

2 Likes

Stacking wise with my playstyle I think I good do something for attack in my normal 3-1-1.

Uraeus, Devana, Hanitra, Alexadrine, Elradir. I think could work ok

1 Like

I have Bertilla 4/80/1 (ascension/level/emblems) Uraeus 4/80/17, Malicna 3/70, Frosth 2/36, Elradir 1/5, Devana 2/60 Russell 3/70 on my main account also Yang Mai and Lizard with difficult name on my alt, both there are unleveled

I use Bertilla in my 2nd mono-green during wars plus in Tavern, and Towers. Uraeus is my MVP from this year’s HOTM. Devana is a bit “unlucky” project for me as first I stopped working on her when I got Tome to ascend White Rabbit and later she was outclassed by Motega. He is on 4/60 right now so after that I’ll level her to 3/70. She will stay at that level for some time as I have only 2 darts now and quite a long queue of heroes waiting for Tomes (c-Krampus, Cathal, Asterius are higher on the list than her, also I’m waiting for a good purple hero who can take my Tabards (12th already)

Same, I gave Devana 12 points and was wtf man, she is better then that :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I dont know your heroes but placing Cathal and Asterius above Devana is kinda nuts!!!
Cathal, a slow sniper??? And no he is even bad in VF wars.
Asterius a “I dont know what I am hero”. They gave me a lot of skill but I dont do anything good.
I would prefer a third Magni anf Elena in their place.pffffff

I have already 7 maxed holy’s and Motega will be 8th. I have only 5 fire including Reuben, so prefer Asterius over Devana especially that I have 12 rings and just 2 darts . Cathal probably will drop a bit as next set of scopes goes to Krampus. I have 5 right now so after I get sixth from Christmas event I can give them to him.

Hahaha I did the same thing lmao

If we can agree on anything it’s that 2021 favoured Yellow. All 3 of them are quality heroes.

If we ranked them colour order I’d go:

1 - Yellow
2 - Blue
3 - Green
4 - Purple
5 - Red

I may be being harsh on Red but Russel just doesn’t do anything for me. Average, weak hit that doesn’t miss? Meh. Yang Mai has her uses still but the Towers ruined her ability with the Rare blessings so for that alone Red are poor.

Purple ahead as both heroes have a purpose.

Green I put third because Elradir is good and Bertila, whilst situational, is strong when the conditions are right

Blue because Alex…Frosth doesn’t do a lot in my roster, others may get better use.

Yellow by a mile ahead with 3 very good heroes. Devana I’m loving, that dispell is super handy and the lynx minion is a right little chonk. Uraeus is epic. Big hit and minion management via the DoT is super useful. Hanitra probably the strongest hero of the year.

2 Likes

Shere, I only rated the ones that I have (leaving out 4).

As I see my own roster, I feel, next year, I will focus on completing more 2021 HoTMs that are sitting at various levels to join YangM, Elradir, Uraeus, so that the Family bonus can be used for the play:

• Frosth 3/70
  • Devana 3/26
  • Hanitra 3/35
  • AleX 3/70
  • Bertila 3/70

Most 2021 HoTMs were fair hero designs to support the roster instead of dominating the roster.

• Hanitra, Alex, Devana are sure ascensions planned… for their brilliant specials !

I now play Xnolphod (mana 11) + Alfrike (mana 23) + Malicna (Ninja 1), and 3x3+1 turn Alfrike is just destroying. So, Malicna in certain combination is great. But just hit-3 without it.

1 Like

My vote for the worst goes to Elradir…
He is useful only on Offense and also so situational and also he need to Outfast DOT Hero which is V.fast and Fast.

The best for me goes to Devana, Yellow Dispellers are always appreciated and also Beefy Minion after that and also the minion directly kill all Minions that he attack.

2 Likes

I tried for Devana and I missed her, she is definitely to rank for HOTM

OK, admittedly, I only have nine… and I never got December’s which looks great). Here’s mine:
Top3
Devana
Ureas
Hanitra

The Turkey
Elradir

:1st_place_medal: Alexandrine
:2nd_place_medal: Frosth
:3rd_place_medal: Uraeus

:poop: Balbar

2 Likes

I missed only Malicna this year. I think Devana and Hanitra both are great :blush:

1 Like

Agreed- 2021 was a good year for holy HOTMs.

What I ended up with this year:

Russell isn’t terrible. Devana is great and I’ll most likely max Hanitra. Malicna is actually decent fun to play with. I have a hard time maxing slow heroes so haven’t maxed Bertila.

One that got away: Alexandrine. Really wish I’d gotten that one. She’s a beast when I face her on defense teams.

2 Likes

Agreed on Holy heroes totally rocking in 2021; I have Uraeus and Devana leveled, working on Hanitra now.
I would have to say the 2 I would rank lowest would be Chakkoszrot and Balbar. Balbar would be pretty awesome if you didn’t have cascading tiles waking people up. I think a good fix for him would be maybe a certain number of tiles have to hit a sleeping target before they wake and maybe a reduction in damage each tile that hits to keep it from being abused. Chakkoszrot I think a slight mana speed boost would maybe help.

2 Likes

For myself, the top 3 for 2021 were Devana, Hanitra and Uraeus. 2021 was certainly the Holy trinity of HotM in that respect.

Of those 3, I ranked Devana as the best overall for this year. She’s just such a well-rounded HotM. Dispel, solid hit three, and some truly beefy anti-minion minions. Add in a well-matched passive and innate ability and what’s not to love!

Hanitra came in a close 2nd and although I don’t have much experience with her, I like what I’ve seen so far. I’m a big fan of the dodge mechanic and that overheal has the potential to be very useful. Couple that with her health reduction block and she is shaping up to be a very good hero and counter to a certain dark hero that shall not be named.

Uraeus in 3rd. He’s a solid anti-minion sniper that does his job very well. Together with Devana, they have formed the core of my anti-Bera and Freya team with great success.

Alexandine gets an honorable mention here as she sits just outside the top 3 for her usefulness as an offensive healer/tile buffer and probably the one HotM I was disappointed not to get.

These 4 were the standouts for 2021. Of the rest, there are some good heroes like Eladrir or Malcina but most of the rest were either situational, niche, or mode dependant to do well.

6 Likes