2020 Black Friday Mega Sale — Discussion

Maybe you will be surprised, but for some countries the prices differ by +/- 10-20% (incl. VAT). But in any case this offer is terrible and no any adequate player will buy it for my opinion.

2 Likes

As expected, the offers are hardly generous in any way.

~ 121$ in Serbian dinars…
But those are not tempting at all. Learned my lesson, paying that much for 12k gems (about 40 chances to get nothing) and few other things is ridiculous. :tipping_hand_man:t2:

3 Likes

Sadly they did not listen to the feedback from last year. The offers are very bad. If you only care about the gems, it’s a bit higher amount than usual for the price tag indeed, but everything that comes with the gems is just bunch of nonsense…

The emblem pack is fine, but for that price it’s a hard no-no for me. Biggest of whales will definitely enjoy +90 all emblems but for me that’d be a week worth of groceries so no thanks.

Cyber Monday deals are still to come on Monday I bet, and these were actually decent, so waiting to see what’s then. Sadly that will be already after this month’s Valhalla, but what can you do.

7 Likes

Empires should review some prices. The offers are getting more and more inaccesible for most latinoamerican people. And i know other games where they fix the prices acording the country(outside google play ofc).

Anyways, i only bought the cyberweek vip pass, otherwise these offers are a big pass to me.

4 Likes

After the price “adjustment”, the USD 100,00 offer costs now R$549,00 (Brazilian reais). That’s about half the monthly minimum wage here.

Outrageous.

13 Likes

I find the offers underwhelming, considering it’s Black Friday. I guess it’s just the, perhaps wrong, expectation, that those offers in the real world often are 60% off etc.

All these deals compared with rubbish luck really can make me feel so discouraged with the game at times :slightly_frowning_face:

I know that is all on me, obviously. And I usually have a great time playing.

I just feel as if it won’t really matter if, when or how much you decide to give into these offers and the money you spend.

How I wish there was a game like this, with no micro transaction. All equal. No frustration over too much or too little spent. Only frustration over the usual RNG that so many other games have. Monthly fee for development.

Placing Hero progress behind ascension materials, gated behind a payment wall is so distasteful to me. I’m not asking to get things on a silver plate. But surely some kind of balance can be found.

I apologize for the slight rant there, didn’t know what got into me. More on topic: Offers are not what I expect from a Black Friday offer. They seem similar to the rest that pop up from time to time.

Happy gaming all :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Black Friday deals are on our game screens. Which one are you buying…?!

I am inching towards the $100 deal… which is aimed mainly at December-2020 to get the new HOTM. But then, Santa Seasonal Event is month long & there will be great deals through-out the month… So how were deals of last years Santa Event…???

I plan to Decide tomorrow… :sweat_smile:

İ didn’t like. İ will not buy.

3 Likes

No, I just picked the VIP offer. All those offer can be attractive but never offers an atractive pack, mostly farmable items.

I don´t know your budget and the ingame needs so I can´t suggest about your decision. But 100 $ (109 € in Spain can be spent in a lot of games on steam :smiley:

2 Likes

@Peazomanco : Good point, thought I am evaluating the offer looking at only the first 5 items (Gems-Valhalla coins-EHTs-Tome-DB)…

I m still NOT sold out on it, hence will decide tomorrow bcoz, Next month will have lots of good offers during the seasonal event… Since I am new, I depend on players who saw last Santa SE… about the offers od last year… How h=were they ?

I bought all the cheapest offers (diams/trainers), those were the best for me - price per 100 diamonds matters for me since 100 diamonds is full energy. So it is the same as price for we flask.

1 Like

Recommend merge -

Black Friday deals mean there is massive discount. What I am seeing offered as deals , are not deals. It is a shame even on Black Friday SG choose to push this much terribly set packages.

11 Likes

I do agree with you. The VIP deal is good, but the value is just not there for the “Mega sale” deals.

They should at least match the regular Atlantis/Valhalla etc. deals in terms of per gem value, then add a bunch of stuff on top of it

1 Like

I was hoping for a huge deal like 50% off gems but as someone mentioned above these are poor. 100$ for 12k gems, two mats, and single valhalla pull is a no go for me, pretty average. Willing to buy the cheapest ones but that’s it.
Maybe there will be something good on Monday

I bought 3 emblems offers as these are the only one I can justify price. I am pretty fresh in this game (2 months) but reading many posts on this forum I have concluded that the only really worth offers are:

• where you get 200 gems for 1$ or more
  • emblems packs of 300 emblems + 500 gems for 10$ and similar value emblems offers scaled down or up
  • offers with Damascus blade where the value of blade is set up not higher than 1300 gems ( as I heard this particular ascension material is very rare/hard to obtain)

I am still Newbie in a game so appreciate your comments on that? Do you generally agree with my approach?

1 Like

It depends on what your goals are. If your goal is to spend into upper platinum as fast as possible, then a few hundred more dollars in the next few days should suffice.

If your goal is to compete in top levels asap, then you will need to spend a few thousand a month for the next few months, then spend a few more months to years amassing the materials and feeders to get there. This will also require a few hundred to thousands of dollars over the next few weeks, and a few hundred a month in maintenance. You will still likely be behind everyone this time next year.

If your goal is to enjoy the game for a long time, then zero spending is necessary or justified. Just collect things as they come and play when you can. Spending money has never made people happy in this game, it just creates various kinds of frustrations, anger, and regret.

My advice is stop spending at all…what did your purchases get you, game-wise? Spending money, especially this early in your game, is a psychological trap. Remember, your odds to draw any decent hero are basically 0%.

As an example, I have drawn FAR more 5* special, event, and HotM in a year of absolutely zero spending (nothing, not even a single month of VIP) than I have in a combined six years of C2P accounts. Spending means absolutely nothing in this game other than regret.

4 Likes

Quote from a few hours ago in another thread:

No need to spend anything if you’re new. Enjoy the game for what it is at that point, because it does NOT get any better. You are not missing out on anything by not spending, and you are not gaining anything game-wise by spending.

5 Likes

Back in the days when deals were deals, June 2017 :thinking:

22 Likes