20/20 hindsight regarding soul exchange

I took the Exact same SE path as OP, even the same skip.

Im really wondering if i should go Arco or skip this one too. Its basically a a gamble relying on whether or not fiends will become more prevalent in the future…

As for the other abilities, I have cMono and she covers the minion summoning and health regen, though it’s not boosted HP.

My green mono team is quite strong already… and I’d have to slightly reach to get 20 this time. Milena (who I have) and Arco are great heroes… maybe the ones next time will be a step up even from them…

2 Likes

1 GChamleon - hear he’s good for Mythic
2 LOTL - have always wanted her
3 skipped as I wasn’t sure Id have enough by the time the next SE came round and I was holding out for an Alfrike
4 Alfrike - absolutely loving her - doubt I’d get her from a portal (also have Ludwig already)
5 Milena - again doubt I’d pull her from a portal (also already have Arco)

4 Likes

My choices.

My regrets… none.
I carefully considered all my choices based on wants and needs skipped first as there was nothing worthwhile imo.

4 Likes

I needed the roster space to be gained from trading, already had Gravemaker and Skadi, and wasn’t enthused by Inari and Garjammal. Since I expected to pull during Easter, I didn’t go for Kilhare either. Hence Ursena…

1 Like

Thank you Dansing for the explanation. I re-read his hero card and finally got this figured. I also compared the special skill of “revive” (which are mostly one off and therefore cant get stolen by Hatter e.g. Mother North) and “resurrection” (which is actually a buff and therefore can be stolen by Hatter e.g. Tyr) and clear my earlier misconceptio of what you so helpfully explaining. Lord Loki would be a better hero at copying special skill but Hatter is so much better if it survives to steal all the useful buffs from a team that has resurrect, defence up, attack up, heal or boost health over time, counter-attack/reposte active. Suddenly the enemies got all buffs removed and worse still, your allies get all the buffs. Can turn the table around in 1 round if Hatter’s allies are full mana or near full mana waiting to fire after getting the buffs.
I didnt understand Ludwig’s special very well in the last SE (my first) and hurriedly chose Cristobal without careful consideration. So wanted to be more careful going forward although unfortunately I dont think i will get enough expandable 5* to change for Hatter this time around.

1 Like

@Ace2020 : Happy to read your better understanding of specials / buffs, etc bcoz that will help your game play & associated FuN…

• My reply was designed to inform & also make you independent with your understanding :slightly_smiling_face:

I m sorry to hear about you missing LudwiG ….
Coz
I had recommended him as TOP hero of the Soul-Ex #4……again available for 15 heroes.

Missing out … Hatter this time was sad to hear….but he might arrive …. From various other sources….

I am sure that you are now well clued into the forum where there is a lot of game experience…. based discussion amongst players, which will give you a good info - guidance….!

Cheers !

1 Like

I have been playing FTP for close to 2.5 years but only joined the forum recently in Nov 22 so been missing out a lot on fellow players’ experience previously. Been feeding away useful heroes in early play that would have helped me progress much faster as some heroes needed one to understand the potential of their special to fully exploit them. E.g. a Gormek, Wu Kong and Rusell combination (activating their special in that order) is almost a sure kill against any hero, followed by a few tiles if the situation requires. But most players dont like to use wu kong or rusell. So having better understanding of a hero’s special and finding complimentary heroes to work with it helps one progress quicker in this game.

So onceagain

1 Like

Please don’t go by what players say about WuKong. He is brilliant.

• Anti Wu-Kong talk is done by those players who have other options.
  • I still use WuKong in 4* play & the tower play….for FuN !

Cheers !

1 Like

I like this thread.

SE 1: I skipped, wish I would have grabbed G Chameleon he seems fun
SE 2: I took Ariel, I always wanted her, I already had LoLo, but hindsight being 20/20 and Ariel being in fated summon, I wish I would have gone with BK, lepiota, or sif
No regrets with 3-5 so far

2 Likes

Great topic! I think it’s great to be able to revisit these things - even if there’s nothing we can do to change what our choices were, it’s interesting to reflect on why we made the choices that we did!

So here goes:
Soul exchange #1 - SKIP - I didn’t take anyone here as I didn’t have the resources at the time. In hindsight (and assuming resources) I would have gone for Guardian Chameleon

Soul Exchange #2 - Norns - I only had 10 heroes available to me, and of these, Norns filled the void that I had at the time in my yellow roster. Little did I know that I would be so far away from levelling them, and that I would pull other heroes in the interim. BUT! I don’t regret my choice, as I know that Norns will have some use in the future still, with their unique special ability.

Soul Exchange #3 - SKIP - This one is 100% regret not doing anything, but again, I lacked the resources. At the time I remember that I was levelling c. Guardian Kong, and loved having a reflecter so wanted to grab Theobald, but I completely skimmed over Lady Locke. She is still my biggest regret that I didn’t pull together 10 souls for her…

Soul Exchange #4 - Caitlin - This was such an unpopular opinion, but I really liked what Caitlin did, as a holy hit all with priority dispel, she just filled a perfect little hole in my roster - whilst she still has not been levelled, she is still in my “To-Be-Levelled” team and I will absolutely make use of her. My only other choice would have been Emilio, as something of a Red Psuedo-Healer, but, I don’t regret my choice.

Soul Exchange #5 - Milena - Honestly, I just wanted to free up 20 roster spaces :joy: - Milena does still fill a massive hole in my roster for a blue heal and cleanse though. Her 1st charge is significantly more important to me than her 2nd charge. But equally, she is much like Caitlin, not a high priority to focus level, but absolutely will get levelled. As useful and fun as Hatter would have been, he was definitely my 2nd choice and I don’t regret my choice at all.

tl;dr:
SE1 - SKIP - No regret, but maybe G Chameleon
SE2 - Norns - Meh, but no regret
SE3 - SKIP - Regret - no Lady Locke :cry:
SE4 - Caitlin - No regret
SE5 - Milena - No regret

3 Likes
  1. I’w got 20th 5* hero literally on the last day of Soul Exchange. Took Skadi. Looking at the next occurances, the first one had the weakest heroes. I am using her from time to time, but she is a niche hero and I would’t take her second time.
  2. I didn’t have enough heroes to trade, thanks to Skadi. Big regret, because Lord Loki is like 10 times better.
  3. Also didn’t have enough heroes. Woult have taken Zuri.
  4. Have 20 heroes, but none from that tier was interesting for me. I already had Alfrike, Faline is good but not a gamechanger, Frigg is outdated, in case of Emilio and Finley - I didn’t have the mats or emblems. I was in need of green hero, so I decided to take Cristobal, which i don’t regret, even after pulling El Naddaha two weeks later. Still using him, I think he can be deadly in right circumstances, he pairs well in 3/2 - with Phileas Fogg - he can finish the target after 6 tiles, when already hit by other color or wait for Phileas.
  5. Milena all the way. Used a lot of non S-1 medicore heroes, which I already had and never maxed.
1 Like
  1. GM, small regret although my only 5* reds were: Yang Mai and Marjana, was desperate for help. Probably should have taken JF instead.

2. Mother North, was so tired of not getting her (or any 5* Xmas heroes) in summons over the last 3 years. Was a little bittersweet b/c I got Arco a few weeks before. Black Knight would have been my 2nd choice.

3 Skipped, not by choice, didn’t have enough to feed. Would have liked to take Theobald, Quenell, or Asterius.

1. Ludwig, had to be talked into this one and glad I was. Was gonna go with Emilio (are you seeing a common thread by now?) or maybe Alfrike.

2. Milena. Finally have a buff dispeller and someone I can replace or swap out with Rian.

1 Like

I am a BIG fan of Wu Kong. He is in all my titan teams and all my 6 war teams. I have 7 Wu Kong and will get 12 for W3K if my roster space permits. Almost always win in war/raids once he is kept alive long enough to go off, whether in a 4-1 team or rainbow team. He is the reason that allows me to bridge a 800 to 900 pts gap and win against 5k teams.
Thanks for all your insightful sharings.
Cheers!

2 Likes

I fed at least 20 Wu kongs with costume bonus. Never liked him.

1 Like

Tetisheri… 1000%. She is a wrecking ball!

1 Like

I have two wu’s left. They are… Okay. I hated trying to stub the titan only to have it miss once and get totally destroyed by the titan.

1 Like

If Hatter’s special was reversed (steal buffs first, then attack) he would be very beastly. I still like him allot, but some of the more powerful counter attacks can take him out on his attack before he steals.

1 Like

If the special was reversed he will become OP in his launch days
&
Very powerful even today.

About riposte taking him out… not all the time.

• Depends on riposte being impact 3 or hit all … how he is used.
  • He still delivers all the buff which creates wins.
  • Heindall has revived him a lot of times & Boosted health keeps him alive a lot.
  • Gazelle reduced that damage which also helps & is an advantage I have.

Practical v/s theory is quite different!

Finally, why should Hatter be a perfect unbeatable hero… no such hero exists !

• Saying this bcoz I keep reading few chinks being highlighted while many many situations where he rules being not mentioned…
  • I concentrate on where he rules & find ways to reduce where he has risk to die.

BTW, high damagers vanish super fast against those same counterattacks…:rofl:

1 Like

My Soul Exchange picks:

#1 Guardian Chameleon. I considered taking Killhare for a purple tank. Went for Cham instead since there was a chance of getting C-Killhare, and only cost 10 souls. Happy with decision.

#2 Mother North. Considered Lady of the Lake too (I have Black Knight). I was happy to finally get Mother North… However I finally summoned my first Christmas 5* from Santa’s Challenge - C-MN! :rofl: I even pulled a second C-MN. :exploding_head: Initially happy with my decision… I think I’d take LotL if I knew I’d get C-MN later.

#3 Passed.

#4 Passed. Strongly considered taking Alfrike or Ludwig. I didn’t take either as my main reason for choosing either would be for very fast war defence… Since “everyone” now seems to have Alfrike or Ludwig now and SE #5 was underwhelming, I regret not taking Alfrike. :sweat_smile:

#5 Milena. Enjoying her so far. Although I may regret if there’s someone I really want in SE #6. :sweat_smile:

Summary
#1 Guardian Chameleon - Happy
#2 Mother North - Not happy
#3 Nothing
#4 Nothing - Not happy
#5 Milena - TBD

4 Likes

Great thread and fun to read! Here’s my story:

#1 Nothing - Needed yellow and nothing was there I wanted. Best out there was Skadi and already had her maxed and LB.
#2 Lord Loki - Wonderful choice use him ALL THE TIME. Wanted yellow again but the online good option was Sif which I already have.
#3 Nothing - Liked Director Zuri but not enough for 20 heroes
#4 Nothing - LOVED Faline but she was a Wizard and wasn’t willing to take emblems from Arco Iris, Lord Loki, Winifed, The Onatel that I stripped Glenda’s emblems for and right after that El Naddaha. Couldn’t strip C Kiril or Proteus either, too valuable.
#5 Milena - I know I know, another GD Wizard…but a really good one. And since I got 2 Gazelles, the afore mentioned Onatel and also Poseidon, yellow wasn’t a concern, she was best hero available. Had Arco already so the choice was easy. I’ll feed her as they come in and LB her for the next Blue Omega challenge.

Cheers!

3 Likes