2 months later... what's the final verdict on Aegir? Worth the scopes if it's my only blue 5*?

Do you need that hero desperayely? Or can you wait little bit? Aegir works maybe in platinium, but not in diamond.

If I were you, I would work on Kiril next. He is very useful against red titans, events and war. I still use him almost every day, and I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t use Aegir that much. Some of those 4* are must have maxed and Kiril is one of those heroes.

1 Like

For me it is a good third option.
Yes, “third option” sounds bad but for me it is not.

The first two spot for me are always for titan damage.
As a hero meant more to survive taking the third spot means for me he is a good hero.

Actually even if i pull a Magni, i would probably go for Aegir first, and thats quite something.

He’s a #$H!T3 sandwich save your telescopes fir the next blue hotm.

1 Like

I think the negative folk are using him wrong. I haven’t maxed him yet but he is great for stacking on raid attack. I put him in the middle and flank him with 2 other colours then my other blues in the corner slots. That way everyone is getting a little kick with healing as you go. I tend to use, kiril and Grimm with him, so additionally kiril is healing and buffing while aegir helps to keep my two other colours going. I think he gets hate for all the wrong reasons.

2 Likes

I’ve got him max - He’s trash. I don’t think he was worth the scopes in the slightest for offense or defense - He WAS my only 5* Blue, now that I have Richard I couldn’t regret using the scopes more.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your feedback all. Very valuable insight. I guess he’s still very controversial!!!

I believe I will go with the prudent option at this point. Given that I just got Kiril a couple days ago, I will work on him next for the blue slot instead and level him up. Based on general feedback on this forum I don’t think I’ll regret it. While I’m still unsure about how I feel about Aegir. I’m really 50/50 on him. I’m in no rush anyways… except the excitement of working and leveling up my first 5 star.

That will buy me about 3 weeks because I work on five heroes at at time. Maybe I’ll get lucky with Arthur as I’ll certainly do a 10x Thursday. And will probably do a 10x next time blue elemental summon comes up. Perhaps I’ll get lucky then with any 5* but Thorne. If no sucess after that, he’s getting my scopes. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks again for your feedback and apologies for resurfacing a subject that seems so polarizing.

Save your 10x draw for Avalon or Atlantis summons :smiley: much better heroes available there than from elemental summons and you get a higher chance for 5* pulls. For now keep working on your core 4s. I was excited about my first 5 too (Justice) and was power leveling her until someone told me she wasn’t that good and that I should work on my 4* bench depth before touching 5*s so I know how you feel. Good luck!

1 Like

Why Aegir over Magni ? Just curious. For Titan purpose?

Mainly fo war purpose and high titan attacks.

And as it is now i think he get a class that suites him.

1 Like

All I know is that Aegir can be very annoying to fight against, espacially when colour stacked. I still would keep him at 3/70 and safe the scopes for s/o else.

1 Like

I’d definitely trade you Richard for aegir

1 Like

I also had only Aegir as 5* blue and ascended him, since I got items for another one too. I found him quite good against red tanks in raiding (GM, Marjana, Ares etc.) and against red Titans. Rating team includes Grimm-Vivica-Aegir-Leonidas-Triton in that order and the middle 3 are really resilient. Against titans its basic 4-1 blue-wu.

Not sure if ascending him was “inefficient”, but who cares. He’s quite fun to use. In defence I think he is rubbish as ppl say.

1 Like

He is my only 5* blue and I won’t waste capes on him let alone scopes. He’s broken.

1 Like

Still not seeing a good argument for war depth when you can max two kirils and save the 4* ascension items for someone you know is truly worth it

3 Likes

I’ve got two Kirils that I use for war. Also two Grimms that I thought I would use for war and I find myself raiding with both of them not infrequently. Both Kiril and Grimm get used more often than Sonya when I’m raiding.

I’d take either Kiril or Grimm to 4/70 before Aegir … because Aegir is way better with two other strong blue heroes, and they are both excellent.

1 Like

So, i fought a team with a Aegir tank yesterday. I think it had Rumple, Viv, Aegir, Kiohnna, and Zimkitha. I could NOT make a dent. I was getting great combos, so keeping my team healed up. I eventually just fled the fight! My maxed 4* were just getting no where! Aegir kept going off and i could NOT make any dents, no matter how hard i hit! Even with my debuffer constantly hitting them!

1 Like

color stack against the flank with the lowest defense and pound on that flank when Aegir’s special goes off. Its the downside to spirit link with only three. The whole center collapses. Of course if they are all fully leveled 5 stars and you are bringing in a 4 star team it will still be pretty tough - but doable if it is the right team.

2 Likes

Thank you! I have Aegir almost maxed and I love him… may change my mind once I lvl more… but he is excellent def for me right now! Thank you again for your post!! Using him in the current position and team…

1 Like

Odd I can beat him with only 4 heroes no color stacking: