⚔ [1st Nov, 2020] - 80th Raid Tournament - 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/ Purple

HEY GUYS!!!
HERE ARE MY RESULTS FROM MONDAY AND TUESDAY, WITH SOME OPINIONS ABOUT HEROES’ EFFECTIVENESS THIS WEEK AND OFC A TON OF PICS
So on offense I’m 8-2. I went 3W 2L day 1 and I just ran the table 5W 0L day 2. Please Observe

2 DAY1 LOSSES
Screenshot_20201103-041217 Screenshot_20201103-041242
Looks like these screenshots got jumbled up as far as the order. In any event my 2 Losses are noted. I’d have to say that so far the heroes I’ve had the most trouble with are in no particular order-

Boril Tank, Hu Tao Right Wing, Skittleskull Left + Right Flank, Little John on Flank, Agwe! Yes he was able to really hurt my attacking team, Li Xiu and © Li Xiu, and last but not least- Boldtusk! Ironically, Mist hadn’t given me much of a problem yet, nor has Gretel which has been a pleasnt surprise considering the amount I’ve seen of each. I’d have to say that Boril, Hu Tao, and skittles/L.John have been the top 3 Trouble makers at least as far as it’s played out for me.
DEFENSE-

Not much to show yet, but if I don’t get attacked again, I’m going to be very happy! 1W is sooo much better than 1L.
OVERALL

So… I decided not to use Sumle in the Right Wing spot, but instead decided to throw Grimm+20 on the Left Flank. I also decided to go with © Skittleskull over reg skittles and I put him on right wing rather than on the left side. As you’ve seen with my report, there’s not much to say about how my defense is doing as I’ve only been attacked once. - Feels like I just wrote an essay on day 2 lol. Sry, it’s the adrenaline rush coming off the big 5W 0L after the scary start!
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

5 Likes

Man, 1 attack and 1 loss in tournaments definitely sucks as we have no way to increase the number of attacks we get… and maybe the attacker only had luck on his hit :frowning:

Day 2

Went very defensively on attack…and omitted all reds again as in one of the recent tourneys. So I went blue-green only…in different settings…always MelendorC, Kiril and SonyaC on board. Worked out…won all 5.

Very interesting fight…went very long into overtime. I had 3 heroes to counter defence down. Kashhrek brought Wilbur to 2950 life…still that team was lacking some serious hitting power. LiXiu on wing triggered to seldom.

8:2

Defence went up before scoring…and haven’t been attacked since.

1:1 B B

Back on track…

3 Likes

What could you do…Don’t go mono.

In Rush attack something like 3-1-1, 2-2-1 or 2-1-1-1 works often. As you need only 7 tiles or 2 to 3 matches for every color.

In Rush Attack you usually win by specials while in Buff Booster your tile damage can go insanely high with all the increased attack from buffs applying to tiles.

Think of it.

2 Likes

Mono was the last battle of the day, after the accumulation of frustrations with the boards in first 4 battles. I guess I wanted to test how unlucky am I today - no green tiles was the answer I expected. :joy:
I’ve played 3-2 setups on Day 1 (5-0) and 4 battles today. In general, I didn’t feel disadvantaged before with that approach in rush attack format, but I did try suggested setups in some previous rush attack tourneys. Maybe my teams were not well composed, but I did feel lack of power against those highly emblemed teams.
This tourney is a bit lost for me, so I might use it to experiment a little. :wink:

2 Likes

Darn. Had a chance to be at top 100 for the very first time, if only had i won all the battles today. But lost 1, got only the tank out. (I have 6716 points now, the loss netted me 109 points, and for win I’m getting 635-643 points and the top 100 is currently 7253-7228 points). Defence is still going strong, 8-0.

2 Likes

Today went bad…
My opening board:

Actually almost won this round; at the end it was an almost dead colen against my almost dead melendor; but not enough greens and mel just burned… (and if course no greens or blues under colen)

Somehow managed to win 3; lost 2 hopelessly

Defense does better at 3-1 (after 0-0 yesterday).

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised if tomorrow there’s a total change of luck, it happened before. I feel your pain, that was my experience with 3-2 teams today, but thought the best picture of the day is exactly 0 green tiles for the mono green. As if really there’s no hope. :joy:

2 Likes

Ah well, i filled my raidchest and completed the PoV challenge (without continues). We’ll see what happens tomorrow, if the trend continues I’ll fold at the first battle :joy:.

2 Likes

Missed posting here until now. Defense team was a real struggle to pick. All my heroes at 4* and above have traditionally been picked on attacking merits so I have very few of the slow big hitters maxed yet for this type of tournament. My choice was further compounded by the fact I have all of 4 yellow 4* heroes, one of which (Panda boy) still isn’t maxed.

I settled on the defense below and will reflect on what I could have done differently as we go.

Day 1: I went 4-1 on offense, losing my very first fight of the tournament to a team with 3 healers. The less said about that attack, the better. The rest went better. Defense went 0-1 and ended on E.

Day 2: 5-0 on attack for 9-1 overall. Much better attacks. Hansel was mvp and carried me through the only 2 attacks that were competitive. 0-1 on Defense for 0-2 overall. Solid E rating :rofl:. Resigned to my defense doing miserably this tournament but hopefully attacking I can claw myself into the top 25%.

tournament1

4 Likes

I feel your pain, 2 losses today due to absolute dogshit boards that I could do nothing with. Two big fat 0s that just made me want to delete the game. (I went on a raiding rampage afterwards to vent my anger, raided I think about 30 people over 6 flasks lol)

And of course my defense didn’t get attacked yesterday so got a sucky C grade, luckily it won the only attack of today for an A for now, but that could’ve easily gone the other way as well for an E. Sometimes this game is just ■■■■■■■■.

4 Likes

Unemblemed defense still A ranked at 11-4. Hangin on by the skin of my teeth, 1 bad board to go.

4 Likes

Day 2 - Better than yesterday. I went 5-0 attacking and 1-3 defending. Overall, I’m 8-2 attacking and 3-3 defending (B-rated defense). I decided to replace Li Xiu with Guardian Jackel for more attacking punch. It worked quite well at least for today. My defense got beaten up by highly emblemed teams. Hopefully it can get a couple more wins to get back to a A-rating. Good luck all! :wink:

4 Likes

I knew it will be this way today: Day 3, 5-0, overall 12-3. So often it happens that after an awful boards day the next day you get something you can work with.

Defence was 4-0 on day 2 (8-3 overall) for grades B, A. Although, one early loss at the start of this day, currently 8-4.

Still didn’t have to buy in, we’ll see what tomorrow brings. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

DAY 3
ATTAX
day 3 4W 1L
day 2 5W 0L
Day 1 3W 2L
12W 3L total

Some tough teams today-
Here’s my Loss-

Bum board synergy, with continued debuff, Mana control, and repiste from Mel, Boril, and Li xiu did me in
DEFENSE

So far so good!
OVERALL

CHECK IT OUT- 1ST TIME IN TOP 100!!!
Here’s who I’ve been using over the weeks festivities- these are not the exact teams, but the 10 heroes I’ve used

Nothing fantastic, especially with 3 losses, but wanted to give you guys an idea of who I’ve found to be good 4 me.
GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE
AND GOD PLEASE BLESS AMERICA RIGHT NOW, WE REALLY NEED IT!

7 Likes

My defense went from 2-2 yesterday to 3-2, so to an A Grade.
Today was frustrating: 3-2 offense.
Literally no chance in both, no tiles that I needed and Gullinbursti went off 4 times before i could charge ANY hero haha

Overall I am 12-3
and defense: 3-2

2x Skittle + 2x Costume Boldtusk + Li Xiu = that was very tough WOW! I won that one though.

5 Likes

Despite the fact I’m already out of the tournament, it’s nice to see my defense is doing prettyg well :crazy_face: almost was tempted to buy back in.

3 Likes

Day 3

All fights were extremely quick today…slaughter on the one side or the other…won 3 lost 2…again zeroes! Had to buy back in.

11:4

Defense went up again before scoring and remains…

2:1 B A A

3 Likes

Lost against a really…uh…unorthodox defense today.

Wukong tank and 4 Li Xius. I did not have the right tiles and let Wu fire. After that, desynced Li Xius literally never let me cast a single special.

5 Likes

Well done. I’m out with 1-1. Second match had a skittle tank, so went with 3 reds, 2 blue and had a sea of green…

Defense still A, so I guess I’ll finish top25, which is
the usual for me.

5 Likes

Cookie Settings