⚔ [1st Nov, 2020] - 80th Raid Tournament - 4* Rush Attack, No Dark/ Purple

Try bringing Melendor next time. His dispel won’t be dodged by Little John.

2 Likes

To be honest, I didn’t realise it was attacks specifically that he dodges - I just looked and saw. And also, my Melendor has no emblems. I have a +15 and +14 caedmon, but only 1 was regular, the other was costume for my mono green team

1 Like

Well this tournament is a crap… with bad boards you are domed. I lost 4 match in the first day. Most of the cases i could only charge 1 or max 2 hero and thats it…
Now i can see why a lot of people complaining about the bad boards…
I will not continue this ■■■■■ tournament as its make no sense…

2 Likes

Good luck! I’m already out :zipper_mouth_face: each team I faced had a Boril tank and just couldn’t get past him. Lost it and messed up all raids.

1 Like

Ah, that’s terrible… :expressionless:
I faced one Boril, my strategy against him is always Sonya+Caedmon+c.Melendor = 3 dispellers, with hope at least one will do the job. Usually it does, but I get that boards sometimes are just crap. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I had Caedmon and Mel but the boards were full of purple and no good matches for me this time. Better luck next week :smile:

1 Like

I faced 1 team with 2x Li Xiu - Tank + Flank, that was not a fun one lol.
It also had a Chao flank, then skittle + colen as wings.

Luckily Mono Green worked against these and killed both Li Xiu before they fired, but after I killed those i had no more greens for a while, and skittle went off 2 or 3 times, colen 2 times and chao two times.

2 Likes

I have a strong set up for this tournament: I have several high emblemed S-1 4* even with costumes.

This is my defense team: It´s 1-1 atm.

Having Danzaburo as tank is tossing a coin, I think he will probably fire special unless the enemy goes mono. If he fire blades the enemy will have a very hard time. If he fires bottle Grimm and Caedmon will probably fire. I probably should have placed a healer as flank but I wanted an agressive defense.

I´m 5-0 on offense at 1% Having faced high emblemed teams.

I have used: Caedmon + 20 (costume bonus) LJ (costume bonus) Grimm + 19 Kiril + 19 Scarlett +7, boldtusk +20 and Boril + 16 on my different attacks. No match was easy but having 2 sturdy healers and charging heroes with 3 ghost tiles Little John with his mana debuff proved very useful.

IMHO on offense it´s good to have snipers instead aoe hitters because killing enemies allow you to ghost tile, while DOT and AOE damage may leave the enemy the chance to recover if you hit them with a bad cascade.

But As people have said: boards are very important in this kind of tournament

4 Likes

Colen, C-Li, Gullin, C-Li, LJ+cb none with emblems went 5-1 today. Offense lost twice both times vs BT and the new hero captain noblue tiles.

3 Likes

Offensively 4/1. I think offensive match to start is based on 5 best heroes. I only have six 4* emblemed, all healers, 5 of them at +18 or better so while my offensive team is +20 or less for the whole team I start off facing this…

Defense is currently 0/3. @WaVe, you can say “told you” :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

for now def grade A with 4-0 - didnt thought that this would work so well :grin:

3 Likes

Unlike my epic defense failure of last week, I started the week with 2 wins and 2 losses in defense and I also went 5-0 in attack.

Damn you… whoever decided to beat me at 1 AM Tuesday morning. You denied me an A defense rating.

3 Likes

Setup & Day 1 - I decided to go with the lineup of

Wilbur+20 - Mist+11 - Li Xiu - Buddy+20 - BT+20

for defense. I don’t use Li Xiu except during certain 4* tournaments, so she will not get emblems anytime soon. The rest are “regulars” that I use for everything from wars, raids, titans, tournaments and events. This defense should hold up ok.

I started out well, but finished the day poorly. I went 3-2 attacking and 2-0 defending (A-rated defense). I won my first 3 battles. Two were against +100 emblemed teams. I lost my last two battles against more +90 and higher emblemed teams. In both cases, I had boards filled with Blue tiles. I ended up charging my opponent before I could get my team going. Oh well. I hope for better boards tomorrow. Good luck all! :wink:

2 Likes

Worst tournament ever. Im out in the second day. Awful boards , there was nothing i could do in most matches. I tried since 3-2 to mono colour to double healer in the last matches but its so difficult to overcome a bad opening in this rush clause(wich personally find absolutly boresome and absurd).
My defense is still unattacked.

Anyways, see you next week guys. Good luck to all

5 Likes

I had the same day, 2-3. No tiles, I think it was a real luck to score 2 wins. In the end frustration went over the roof and I decided to go mono green. This is what happened:

Have no idea what to do on days like this. Overall 7-3, defence is 4-3, graded B.

7 Likes

I think it has to do more with the type of tournament than ourself. I mean, one tend to get frustated and do less smart moves, that happens in every game when we start a negative streak. However in the rush clause all these things are increased. If you get that board in every other format you can start working in getting green tiles and maybe you can recover but not in a rush one when after some moves you have all the enemy team firing at you.

Have You still a chance tomorrow ? I wish you better luck with boards

4 Likes

Yeah, this decision to go mono was everything but rational, but in all battles I was using 3-2 combo and opening boards were always the opposite of what I need. Two of them recovered a bit after the initial slaughter and managed to win. Not to mention that in the battle before this one I took 3 reds, and was destroyed, because I didn’t get any red match. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what happened over here. Should have stopped after those 2 losses and cooled off :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Day 1
Offense: 5-0
Defense: 2-2

Day 2
Offense: 4-1
Defense 0-0 (so far)

Overall
Offense: 9-1
Defense: 2-2

The match I lost, I cleared a LOT of tiles and in total didn’t even match ONE green for any mana charge. It was just an absolute no chance, it gave me nothing.

4 Likes

Start of Day 02:

Offense, 8-2 so far.

Defense, A grade (4-1) after 1 day.

Decent opening.

received_980829749079462

5 Likes