⚔ [1st May, 2022] - 158nd Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Holy/ Yellow

I was out on the 3rd flag of today.

billede

I want to say I´m proud of myself for making it this far, but, I know we owe it to the Randomness of the Tiles and Matchmaking, first and foremost. Still, nice to finally see my Defense at an A, it´s been a while (I know it´s not ideal, but it´s what I had).

Good luck on the last day to all :wind_face: :four_leaf_clover:

8 Likes

You know it’s going to be a tough day when the first team the game throws at you is the highest TP you’ve ever seen :joy:

Thankfully, board was good so my VF 4 Purple - 1 Green team managed to beat it. Good luck continued until the last match against another 5200+ Xnol tank team. Went to my mono Blue team. Got 9 tiles but not before both Xnol and flank Hulda fired. The minions protected them against most of Pengi’s herrings, and the board dried up after that.

Edit : I decided to record my hits today so you can see yourself that last match :sweat_smile:

Still happy to finish with a 21-4 record without spending gems. Defense has dropped 2 and hanging on to B (10-9) but will be enough for top 1%

Good luck to those yet to finish. See you at the loot opening!

8 Likes

Nice job! Thats more points than I do now after all the 25 flags. Today I got a big fat 0 again, against a Xnolphod tank. The rest 4 I won, so offense looks like: 19-6. Defense stayed A for the whole tournament, it looks like Hulda is a great tank for this tournament. I also have lb Freya+20, who seemed to be in majority of the last times top finishers defenses, but I wanted to try Hulda this time. She was also just amazing on offense, I used her through the whole tournament, and pretty much won every battle if I got to use her special before too much damage was done to me. Some battles also she turned for me when I was about to lose. Lucky to have her!

Defense: 9-3.
Total points: 18289.

5 Likes

After a rough start (3-4) I went 18-0 the rest of the way. Currently rank 715 with 19030 points. Very happy with the results. I hoping the loot will be worth the 75 gem buyback.

I think the biggest difference from the first 7 matches to the next 18 is I started to play my strongest lineup regardless of defense lineup. That seem to make a difference. I guess sometimes you can overthink it.

Also my defense played well ABAAA(?). That provided a lot of points to keep pace with others

Good luck to everyone on tomorrow’s loot

4 Likes

I owe it all to randomness of the tiles and matches :blush:

But thank you, you too, absolutely! :100:

3 Likes

When 24-1 on offense , i like tournaments that i can just use my main raid attack team for every attack. Makes for reliable results.

Defense is at A but havent been counting and have been attacked more than 30 times.

Currently #17

6 Likes

I just remembered that I didn’t update my week!

Final:
O: 13-4 (out day 4, no buy back)
D: 1-6 (trash :rofl: )

Wed I lost twice to Xnol tanks. One of the attacks he fired at least 7 times. I got mana for my healers to withstand for a while, but all those specials flying eventually wore my team out. Other Xnol loss, I took care of him but couldn’t get the tiles to take out 2x c Alasie - she’s very good.

Thurs 1-1 and out. Ludwig tank, I thought I’d beat him, especially with a Krampus flank (no damage with the mana buff? Sounds good!). Unfortunately, I hit Ludwig with 10+ tiles on both of my first two moves. Then on my third move, red tiles came flying in to power Octros’ hit and next turn Quenell and slash attacks finished me. Those 3 losses felt worse than most rush losses I have, but we’ll move on to next week and hope for better results.

Congrats to all who made it to the end!

5 Likes

Ended the last day with 4-1; losing the last battle:

Didn’t kill Ludwig before he was charged. I had my 9 blues, but he was undispellable. Then his manaboost charged xnol; which charged Alfrike and it was over… I get why he’s at 15 with a crazy synergy like that …

But, winning battle nr3 was enough to get me into top1 once again in a 5* tournament! Happy with that.

6 Likes

Top 5% 17011 Points

5 Likes

Top 25% this week

O : 12-4
D : E-C-C-D-D

I was out thursday and my def was so bad…

4 Likes

Final results
Attack : 21-4
Defense : 12-11 (DCBBB)
Score : 18783
Ranking : 4233 (T1)

Had a good week in attack and surprisingly in defense too despite having Ferant and cRigard in the lineup

More tokens for Magic Tower, and Ranger emblems are always good. Not bad for no gems and resources spent. Not bad at all :grin:

See you all next week. A 4* tournament before back to 5* again

7 Likes

Congratulations on your loot this week :slight_smile: :tada:

It´s all a coinsidence I am sure, but it seems those Epic Troop Tokens are far more frequent than Hero Tokens these days!

2 Likes

First ever 20000 finish.

9 Likes

The buy-in defo was worth it :smiley:

Total points: 19189

7 Likes

my defense ended up the week quite poorly and i fell all the way down to 10% with 14694 points, rank 71944. loot:

pretty short on paladin emblems, and a troop token is always nice, so pretty happy with this for 10% loot.

5 Likes

Trooptoken for next magic tower, and my 10th legendary yellow LB. Not sure if I want to break my 5*, as that will make the start of 5* tournaments harder, while I don’t have any of those shiny new OP 5*, and little hope of getting them.

6 Likes

Awful day 2, defense ok, but not the greatest, ended on the edge of top 1%, but still made it!

Points/rank :

Defense :

Offense Results : 20-5 (5-0, 2-3, 5-0, 4-1, 4-1). Not gonna like, kind of sucks that I lost 3 times on day 2, as my last loose was on last flag of day 5, meaning that I would have 4 looses and didn’t have to continue, if I ended with 2 looses on day 2. Thankfully, it was worth it.

Defense Results : 8-9 (B,B,C,D,C)

Loot :
Finally great loot. 5* Fire aether just in time, as red aether quest appeared 1 hour after getting tourney rewards and I needed that aether for breaking C Marj, great timing! + decent emblems and eht.

7 Likes

Defenses of the top 10 finishers

10 Likes

Xnolphod was the MVP. People don’t seem to have much faith in Hulda, Ludwig or Alfrike the way most feared. The second most used was cKadilen though, which both surprises and annoys.

2 Likes

Top 5% with my weekly buy back in. I triple checked and never faced a Xno or Ludwig while raiding. Crazy.
O: 18-7
D: 3-14 (EEEEE)

Won’t complain about the loot because I desperately need those Druid emblems.

Good luck next week!

5 Likes