⚔ [1st Aug 2021] - 119th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Dark/ Purple

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :sun_with_face:
No Dark/ Purple
:five: :star:
or lower
:four: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Buff Booster

Each buffs adds an attack multiplier!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: ⚔ [13th Dec, 2020] - 86th Raid Tournament - 5* Buff Booster, No Dark/ Purple

Defense teams of the top10 finishers last time.
Thx @Randy for collecting this information.

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

13 Likes

So either Sif or Lidenbrock tanking. Or both. Add in C-Viv for dispel and it’s set.

2 Likes

That’s good thinking, I’ll probably use Uraeus if I go all yellows for the extra minions

Nice idea mate. Exactly what I’m going to do.

Buff booster 5 star kills me normally, as the majority of my 5s are damage dealers rather than buff.

Current thought is that I will use a variation of of of these.

This could be a fun mono yellow team

Thanks @PlayForFun for also taking this thread up :+1:

My team will probably come tomorrow, but I don’t think I will put a lot of time into it. On offense and defense 5* buff booster is normally my worst tournament, even worse than rush or no heal…

5 Likes

Would you say this is too much yellow? :thinking:

Or Prof. Lidenbrock could wait to make a debut?

Honourable mentions but I have no idea where to put them:

Any advice? :slight_smile:

Well, if Mica is ever going to tank this is where, so why not? Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

I’d go with a cLeo-Sif-WR center. Whatever WR hits with Leo’s debuff on, whatever he kills. Even more so with Sif’s 3 buffs.

As for my own team, I’m unfortunately gonna have to reset Emilio if I want to get cKadilen ready, but since she’ll be a staple of any defense teams seems like this will be worth it. Most likely Sif tank with cKad and Roostley flanks.

1 Like

What would be your choice of healer, if any? :thinking:

Maybe even this little munchkin before Heimdal and Prof. Lidenbrock:

1 Like

You know how I feel about healers on defense LOL. (unless their name is Kunchen or Lidenbrock don’t use them, they will just become tile dumps)

You do have a Lidenbrock, but I’m struggling to fit her in your team, partly because of low emblems (so she really will become a tile dump), and partly because she needs to flank, but your flanks are already occupied by cLeo and WR. :thinking:

1 Like

Trying to decide between these two teams. It’s been several months since I’ve earned an A on defense so your help is appreciated.

(cKad will be up to +18 before tourney starts if I do decide to field her)

Tbh not entirely happy with two average speed heroes, but it’s what makes the most sense in light of the format.

Let’s think through this for a sec: most of the dispellers are in purple, which are not allowed this week. Red has no dispellers, blue only has Frida as a 5* option, and yellow only cViv (slow) or Devana as 5* options. And I’m going to assume the attacker won’t want to stack yellow vs yellow.

Green however has a few more good options:

• Zeline: dispel all + attack debuff + extra damage against blue
  • Evelyn: dispel 3+EDD
  • Fogg: Kage-style dispel before doing damage, decent snipe

Evelyn+Zeline is an extremely potent combo especially against blues, and Eve+Fogg = almost a guranteed kill. So it’d be in my best interest to discourage greens. Well Grave sorta does that, except him in the wing position means it’s going to be much less effective.

So there is another option I’m considering:

Moving Grave to flank means he’s a lot more likely to burn down a green stack, and cKad will be a perpetual PITA if you don’t get rid of her quickly. Wings still need work though, as IME snipers just aren’t that effective anymore since you can’t really one shot anything these days even with the +20% defense bonus.

4 Likes

Thinking about this, Devana not ready yet, so no dispeller sunce my only two are Onyx and Seshat.

And maybe a switch between Elizabeth and Yang Mai? Thoughts are welcome

Am about 95% that I will go with this

With no purple and a bad board I am hoping gilli survives enough. Other yellow tanky option is unemblemmed Justice.

I could use Gazelle +19 but I don’t like her on defence plus she cancels out any buffs I have.

JF and Uraeus aren’t maxed yet, but I am hoping the amount of buffs from JF plus the defence boosts help mitigate it.

Plus Uraeus may be able to help with the sand damage etc

I want to test my hypothesis in this tournament.

I remember that some people who don’t have any 3* emblem, 25-0 perfect offense score and grade A defense in 5 day but get top 5% loot due to the opponent on attack give too low score. And I have a hypothesis that the opponent you get is base on “score” of your defense. “score” is relate to team power but sometimes lower team power defense can have higher score, for example, this no-purple tournament, yellow heroes in your defense team will make defense team have higher score than other color and make defense team be attacked by stronger player.

So, I will go with this defense and let see if I face 4600+ team power opponent or not. My defense nigh get E grade all day but if I don’t face 4600+ team power opponent, I think I will still have higher chance to get in top 5% without buy back :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Pretty sure matchmaking is based on the top 5 heroes in your roster and NOT your defense. This was changed way back because it was too easily exploited. So if you put that out defense, not only will it be E throughout the week, but you’ll still end up fighting 4600+ teams.

I know who you’re talking about, I’m pretty sure he did not get A defense throughout the week. I have no emblems on any 3*, but troops at lv 5. A defense throughout, and 4 or 5 losses but still managed top 1%. Actually reading that thread again, seems like he didn’t do the last 5 attacks because of something he had to deal with in real life, so that would explain why.

Edit: Ok found the post. Apparently went 19-4, so didn’t even do the last 2 attacks, potentially missing out on 1000 points. But because defense was A grade throughout the week, still managed top 1%.

1 Like

Do someone really test this correctly ? Anyway, I want to see it with my own eye. I don’t care much about 5* tournament since I sometimes get in top 10% or even top 25%. So, get one more top 25% isn’t affect me much :slightly_smiling_face:

I know you don’t have any 3* emblems but I remember that there is another person (not you) who really do 25-0 on offense but get in top 5%. I am not sure about his defense. Maybe, it is not A for 5 day. I think heard that from @JekylandHyde. He tell about one of his alliance member that get 25-0 on offense but get in top 5%.

What is team power of your defense ? What is highest team power and score opponent you face on attack ? I think you never face 3150+ team power opponent. I think the highest different is never more than 700 team power different between your defense and opponent defense that you attack.

Anyway, I want to see it with my own eye. Thank you for your warning. I wish it will at most end up like my Mist-Wilbur experiment :smile: (I get BBBCB defense for that. It isn’t too bad :smile:)

I don’t have any emblems on my 3* and I was fighting fully emblems as of day 2 and even LB afterward so…

Defense score and attack scores are separated. Even of you fills 5 Aife on defense you will still face full emblems teams if you have multiples fully emblems 5*.

1 Like