⚔ [19 June 2022] - 165th Raid Tournament - 4* Buff Booster, No Fire/ Red

Oy. Terrible top 5% loot.

5 Likes

Been a while since a good tournament. But 4* buff booster is my favorite, so hurray. Did well, as I expected. But sadly it wasn’t even enough for top 1%… mainly because people do well in this tourney as I believe most people consider this to be the easiest tournament type, imo it is. I lost points because of my def, so yeah…

Except Franz tank defs I used mostly 3-1-1, but also had some 2-1-1 and 2-1-1-1 line-ups. The more I test different line-up types in regular raids, the more i’m not scared trying them out in tourneys as well. Still rainbow and mono are my least favorite line-up types, but I like mono more. Only time I used mono is on Franz tank defs as he is fairly hard to kill with no reds available, so to have strong tile damage against him is quite important here. Faced 6 of them on tank total, so I actually used mono quite often this tourney. Lost 2, won 4. Those were my only looses. Both against Franz tank.
My mono team agaisnt Franz tank defs was - Almur, Brynhild, Hansel, Buddy, C Mel.

Points/rank :

Another one of those fairly close to top 1% tourneys, but not close enough.

Defense :

Offense Results : 23-2 (5-0, 4-1, 5-0, 4-1, 5-0)

Defense Results : 3-4 (B,B,D,C,C) Franz on tank and C Tibs over Cheshire would probably have better results.

Loot : Crap… Barb emblems currently useless for me, so not the right type of emblems either…

5 Likes

Oh that is very close. Even closer than me.

@Slobix What is your final rank ? Many people really want to know since that will make we know highly precise top 1% cut off of this tournament.

3 Likes

My loot was Meh, the eht was the saving grace.

6 Likes

First time i got a decent roll on limit break mats 10% reward

4 Likes

Oh, that is crazy. It is even better than some top 1% loot :rofl:. What is the % of each draw ?

4 Likes

It may be less precise than you think. There seems to be a lot of people who finished in low 18k point range

Eg.

You finished at 18370 points rank 8721.

I personally finished just 363 points behind with 18007, and got rank 11946.

Over 3000 places back for 363 points, over 2000 places back of @ffphier for 261 points less.

Edit - I finished 21-4, def A,A,B,B,B. If I killed one hero in each of my two zero point losses, I would have gained ~230 points more. I guess killing 3 more heroes in my losses was needed for top 1%. If one of my B grades were an A instead, that would have been 250 more points. Would have had me just 4 points behind @ffphier. Enough for top 1%? Not sure… he has to be very close to the edge based on past participation numbers.

3 Likes

Here it is:

It looks like a looot of people ended up with the score in low 18k territory. .:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, there are about 10,162 - 9,563 = 599 player who have score between 18200 and 18268. The density is about 8.8 player per score :smile:.

2 Likes

I had a pretty successful tournament so that’s good :grin:

2 Likes

My lowest was 650, highest was 671

My were worse… :confused:
IMG_20220625_214320

2 Likes

Wow. That really is awful. I hope you can use the fighter emblems :grimacing:

1 Like

Went 21-1 and forgot to use 3 flags one day because I got an elemental chest. Got top 10%. Ooops.

Franz is certainly the biggest threat in the 4 star arena. His buff blocking is what hurts me more than anything else.

Brynhild flanked by Azmia did cause some concerns.

2 Likes

Defenses of the top 11 finishers (There were 4 players tied for 8th)

5 Likes

Nice diversity in this format. 6 different tanks in top 11. There is no “must have” hero even though there are many repeated heroes. If only we could get this diversity in all formats!

2 Likes

Franz and Brynhild stand out, but also melendor, buddy, Ptolemy and even a grimm! Wonder how that grimm team got to full A. Maybe just attacked once and a lucky win?

1 Like

I was wondering about Grimm, but more cb Melendor. One of the least threatening tanks I can think of!

1 Like

From this

The chance that you get all those aether is 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.7 x 0.41 x 0.41 x 0.09 = 0.519% :rofl:

Fun Fact : The % for 3* aether of top 10% is actually higher than % for 3* aether of top 5% :rofl:

4 Likes

Thanks for doing the math. thats higher probability then i would have expected.

1 Like