Preparation Phase Begins Battle Phase Begins Rewards Distributed
2020-10-18T08:00:00Z
(08:00 GMT)
2020-10-19T08:00:00Z
2020-10-24T08:00:00Z

:no_pedestrians: This Week’s Restrictions & Special Rule

The allowed elements and hero/troop rarities, as well as the Special Rule will be available once the Tournament opens for joining and setting Defense Teams.

:fire: :leaves: :snowflake: :sun_with_face: :new_moon_with_face:
Elements Allowed
:superhero: :star2:
Hero Rarities Allowed
:person_fencing: :star2:
Troop Rarities Allowed
:fire: :snowflake: :leaves: :new_moon_with_face: :sun_with_face:
All Elements
:three: :star:
or lower
:two: :star:
or lower

:dizzy: Special Rule: Bloody Battle

Health Boost, Direct Healing, Heal Over Time, revival, and similar effects have no effect!

:timer_clock: History

=> Most Recent Occurrence of This Format: 🏅 [Mar 8, 2020] 46th Raid Tournament! — 3* Bloody Battle, All Elements

=> Click Here for Log of Past Tournaments

:left_speech_bubble: Before, During & After the Tournament: Share & Discuss Your Teams, Thoughts, Feedback, and Questions!

:speaking_head: Some topics to start off with:

Click for some suggested discussion points
  • Do this week’s restrictions on hero/troop rarity and elements make your bench depth better or worse suited to this Raid Tournament than Regular Raids?
  • Are there heroes you’re likely to use for this Tournament that you normally don’t make use of anymore?
  • Are there heroes you plan to power level for this Tournament, or level before the next time a Tournament like this one rolls around?
  • Do Costumes affect your team selection at all?
  • What are you thinking about using for your Defense Team?
  • Are there heroes you expect to see on Enemy Defenses that you think you’ll have a harder time dealing with than usual because of the restrictions or special rule in this Tournament?
  • Which of your heroes will you be likely to use on your Attack Teams?
  • Will the restrictions or special rule of this Tournament change your usual approach to color stacking or team building?
  • Are there elements of this week’s Tournament that are unclear to you?
  • Do you have feedback on the Tournament matchmaking?

:clipboard: Defense Team Tracking

Hat tip to @wineybrit for originating this thread idea with the second Raid Tournament

Click for suggestions on information to include in Defence Team Tracking
  • Which day of the Tournament is it?
  • How may times have you been attacked today, and in total?
  • What is your Defense Team’s win/loss record today, and in total?
  • What Defense Grade does your Defense Team have?
  • Which heroes make up your Defense Team?
  • What is the Team Power of your Defense Team?
  • What is your current Tournament Score and Ranking?

:gem: After the Tournament: Share Your Results & Rewards!

:world_map: Log & Guide to Raid Tournaments

A Log of past Tournaments, and an overview of how Raid Tournaments work, including Special Rules and Restrictions, Attacking, Matchmaking, Defense Grade, Scoring, and Rewards.

=> Click Here for: :medal_sports: Raid Tournaments – Log, Overview, Attacking, Matchmaking, Scoring, Restrictions, Special Rules, and Rewards

9 Likes

Ooh, 3*! Let’s go!!

Think I’ll probably tank Gunnar, or cGunnar… Buff or rush, I’d definitely be tanking Grevle, but not in bloody.

Aggro version:
Bjorn - Arman - cGunnar - Bauchan - Carver+CB.

Lots of multi hit power (because cGunnar, so AoE >>> snipe) and some irritating mana cuts… Send empty tiles down the left and you get blasted, send empty tiles down the right and your mana goes backwards.

Or…

Defensive version:
Nama/Rudy - Shrubbear - Gunnar+CB - Kvasir - Balthazar+CB

Fast snipe wings, defensive tank and defensive flanks… Enough damage to get the job done, but might give the opponent a way back in on a bad board?

Will probably go for the aggro version… It should punish bad boards better.

3 Likes

I was thinking in these two teams

I lean more to use Melia version due to what Bubbles said. Bane is more powerful than Melia but Melia does AOE damage and pairs better with c.gunnar

2 Likes

Top one is better IMHO.

Bottom one would work but I’d flip Gunnar into regular form if you’re going to do that.

1 Like

This

Screenshot_20201017-201105
Or this?

Personally? #2.

With cGunnar, hit all heroes are best, then hit 3 and hit 1 is easily the worst.

Shame those troops won’t be allowed :stuck_out_tongue:

Lol! Cant tell you the number of times in 3* tourneys ive expected an avg hero to charge in 9 tiles. Doh! No mana troops… Now where’d that 10th tile get to? Thanks.

1 Like

I think this is it, any thoughts are welcome, thanks in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was thinking something like this:
Screenshot_20201018-100820

With all colours allowed, rainbow usually does best, and kvasir is kinda a given then with bloody battle. Bauchan and renfeld for manacontrol. Then I figured to do regular gunnar as tank and mnessus as my best non-healing green.

Not really satisfied that this is the best possible option, and I have plenty to choose from:

1 Like

Managed to fit all of my max talent 3*s into this one.
Even have a sustain-focused defense despite healing being disallowed.

2 Likes

Hey there, I’m thinking of using this team. Any advice? I’ve also got gunnar with costume somewhere, maybe swap him in for Nordri?

3* is pretty simple imo.

Who dispels?

Purple, green

Who has a cleanse?

Purple

So i would go for purple, yellow and red in the middle, also slow heroes have a tough time without any heal.
Manareduction and manaslow are very efective as well as damage mitigation like blind, +def, minions.

In terms of offensive skills on defense i think fast AoE and DoT work well and speed in general is the greatest factor when it comes to comeback options with bad boards.

My first draft looks like this:

4 Likes

Option A or B:

1 Like

thinking of this:

• Kvasir as tank instead of Gunnar, as Kvasir is faster… minions provide a meat shield too
  • Two flanks with average speed that hit 3. mana slow from Chochin and burn from Karil-C.
    • Chochin is over Bjorn (as people probably won’t stack Yellow against this), and faster than Gill-Ra
    • Karil over Gunnar (slow) and Ulmer (slow)
  • Azar-costume to add pressure on the mana front, supporting Chochin, with her mana cut. She hits 3, so I picked her over Rudolph (only hits one). Though my Rudolph is +7…
  • Mnesseus as the other wing for dispel and snipe. I also have a Carver +2, but I like Mnesseus’ greater emblems more…
2 Likes

Is it worth putting in the middle as a tank brienne? By the sides of bauchan and kvasir?

Ouch, I decided to level Berden and Balthazar for this tourney, and they will be done, with +11 tallents (that is sort of my norm so far for 3* and 4* heros).
But now I’m not so sure what exactly I should do. :man_shrugging:t2:

Some ideas:

I have c.Gunnar+9, Nordri+11, Bane+9 that could jump in. Imagine c.Berden and c.Balthazar at +11. Any of these 3 combos? Any other combo of these heros plus these 3 on the bench atm? @BubblesUK ? Anybody? :joy:
I believe these are fine options, just can’t decide which one is the finest.

2 Likes

3* goodness! Lets go!!

3 builds I’ve been playing around with. Thoughts on these are welcome!

tournament1

tournament2

tournament3

Learning towards the 2nd team with Kvasir as tank and Cochin and Bauchan on flanks. My only concern with this one is it might not be aggressive enough for bloody battle. Could switch in Bjorn instead of Cochin for more damage.

Green is my weak point in this tournament. Mnesseus and Berden are my only green hitters. Don’t have any hit 3 or hit all in green and other options are healers/support.

2 Likes

The 2nd looks like one of my ideas… So I liked that one the most… :joy:
My dilemma is - are the average flanks fast enough? :man_shrugging:t2:

I like your 3rd option the best. That’s a team I wouldn’t want to pull. Similar to what I’m thinking, only I can’t decide between Cochin and Bjorn on the flank. IMO, Bauchan will be hugely valuable here. His mana abilities, especially the cut to all makes it hard to leave him out of this tournament. He’s given plenty of trouble in past tournaments.

1 Like