⚔ [18th Oct, 2020] - 78th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, All Elements

Next tourney should be buff booster no red, keep him there.
I know I will. :joy:

2 Likes

Yo baby! First time ever went 5 - 0 on attack. Defense right now is 1 - 1. But I am in the top 1%! First time! Doubtful I will last, but will hopefully finish decently.

Too much excitement…

4 Likes

Haven’t posted for a while. Get home from work, the tourny been going for 16 hrs and I go to make my first attack but I see this…

0 attacks, 0 score and top 1% :yum:

Anyways, I did my 5 attacks, 5/0. Defense is 5/2.

4 Likes

I feel like I’m missing something key to tournament play, I’m generally a smart person and I feel like I have a decent/better than average team built, at least comparable to others but I just keep steady getting my butt handed to me by teams with almost the same build but with characters much lower leveled than mine, any chance someone could pm me and explain wtheck is going on? If anyone has the time to help out a fellow player, it would be greatly appreciated…

2 Likes

Day 1
5-0 on offense, 1-1 defense for a B

Went with this defense:

(yeah I realize it’s a bit slow, but wanted to try it out and see how it fares under non-rush conditions)

Also I kid you not when I say every single team I attacked was an autofill. Opponents ranged from lv 37 to 67 so it’s not like they’re new players who don’t know what they’re doing. All of them also had a non-zero score meaning they are actively participating, just too bothered to set a proper defense I guess. Well their loss is my gain so not gonna complain.

5 Likes

What teams are you using to attack?
Do you change based on the opponent in front of you?

Are you struggling to charge your heroes?

(I’ve got to dash right now… The more info you provide the more help you can get :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

Day 1 - Not a bad start! I went 4-1 attacking and 1-0 defending (A-rated defense). Bauchan and Shrubbear did well in attacks! Purple and Blue heavy teams filled out the rest. It will be interesting to see how my teams hold up as my non-emblemed team goes up against +100 emblemed opponents. :thinking: Good luck all!

1 Like

Day 2: Couple of close battles, one of them I lost, so 4-1, overall 9-1.
Defence got A on Day 1, but now it’s 1-1 so will keep track on how it’s going today.
My teams depended on the tank colour, I chose Bane, Kvasir, Melia (Tyrum tank), Berden, Hissan, Mneseus (Karil tank), Bjorn, Balthazar, Chochin (Bane tank) + 2 blues: Jarvur, Nordri.

Lost against this team, no yellow tiles anywhere om the board. Managed to kill 2 of them in the end.

3 Likes

My defense for this tournament:
tim 8

Day 1 was a great start, 5/5 attack, 4/1 defense.
Day 2 did not go as well as planned (I could see that coming after almost perfect start). Attack was 3/2 (those 3 wins were very close ones), and defense is still holding up - 5/2 at the moment.

2 Likes

DAYS 1+2
ATTAX
DAY 1 4W 1L
DAY 2 3W 2L
7W 3L TOTAL
DEFENSE
Screenshot_20201020-075054
OVERALL

GOOD LUCK E1
STAY SAFE

2 Likes

Day 2 offense done. 5-0 on the day! 9-1 offense total, and the 1 loss was a VERY close one yesterday that I still got 200ish points on.

My defense ended the day yesterday at 2-2 I think, so a B, but during the day today I’m no 2-4, so a D. :frowning:

Still Top 1%, so not going to complain. Hopefully I can win some more on D before the day is out.

For attack, I tend not to craft my team solely for the enemy (unless I REALLY have to), but I find one that works and mostly go with it. I know that’s not optimal, but I seem to have better luck when I get familiar with how a single team clicks with the tournament and then go with that. So far this tournament it has been Chick, Gato, Bauchan, Nordri, Kvasir. I think there are great synergies in this team that has made it work so well for me, especially when the blue trio powers up and fires. Nordri, Gato, Chick just wrecks other teams. I either aim Gato at the biggest threat (almost always Kvasir) or the lowest defense stat (especially if Spirit Link is up to spread the maximum pain). This has even worked for me against green tanks (CBri) because it isn’t mono, but still benefits heavily from stacking and attack synergy.

By focusing on enemy Kvasir as #1 priority, I haven’t been “bee-blocked” in any but one attack, and the blues fired early enough to save that one for me. By the time my Kvasir was charged, I had killed enemy Kvasir and waited out the minion ban. Then my bees finished the job on the enemy. Very satisfying. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Today I did switch my teams a bit depending on the opponent, and went 5-0. Always kvasir, and then 2-2 in other colors (or 1-3 with an extra yellow). 1 close battle, but managed to turn just in time.

Offense total at 8-2.

Defense going alright at 8-4 (A).

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is intentional but it appears that Alfheim heroes can heal with their realm bonus. Unfortunately I did not get a screenshot. Hopefully I can test this again.

If I can verify, I’ll open a bug topic.

1 Like

In Bloody Battle anybody can heal…but the value is set to zero. You need to make sure it was not “heal 0”…as the number still appears but should be a 0.

1 Like

Well, on offense I have gone 10-0 (5-2 and 5-2) but oh boy oh boy oh boy… 2-9 defense haha
I was 0-5 yesterday, so for today I am at 2-4

edit:
I honestly don’t know how i went 5-0 today, I genuinely think I should have lost. In multiple games I lost a couple of heroes instantly, and was stuck with not so “amazing” ones, such as kvasir, yet, he is my MVP it seems!

5 Likes

Yes, kvasir is an amazingly good hero in this format. His minions are the only kind of “heal” allowed, and in the 3* arena their stings do add up.

2 Likes

Damage sharers and minions generators are your only real way to keep heroes alive longer and Kvasir is great for 3*. I don’t remember if there is even another 3* that generates minions. Not enough coffee this morning.

4 Likes

Kvasir is totally one of the most amazing 3* and really quite borderline OP when play is limited to 3*. Bee meat shields, minion damage and DOT that doesn’t rely on a good board past the first charge (which is easy since he’s fast), and as a bonus, he is his own best counter, so as long as attacking Kvasir goes off first, you can handle enemy Kvasir easily.

He is legit the only 3* I regularly take to the 3rd stage of his trials because he is THAT good. If it wasn’t for bees in the Druid/Cleric trials I might not be able to finish for lack of damage to stupid boss Viv. He’s not only MVP in this tourney, but MVP in my roster for trials with Druids.

He’s an amazing 3*. All hail bee man!

4 Likes

Screenshot_20201020-184839

Day 1
Att: 4:1 lost to a gunnar cb tank
Def: 1:1 B-Rating

Day 2
Att: 5:0
Def: 7:1 A-Rating

Day 3
Att: 4:1
Def: 1:1

Day 4
Att: 4:1
Def: 1:1

Day 5
Att: 3:2
Def: 3:0

Overall
Att: 20:5
Def: 13:4 A-Rating

Will update as usual.

4 Likes

Day 1
Attack: 4-1. I only lost the one battle cause I wasn’t paying enough attention and stacked the wrong color. Oh well, my bad and I paid for it.

Defense: 1-0.

3 Likes