⚔ [18th Oct, 2020] - 78th Raid Tournament - 3* Bloody Battle, All Elements

Because I know people are looking for this:

15 Likes

A revised defense choice based upon all the good knowledge you guys have posted here. Switched Kvasir and Bauchan around to give Bauchan’s mana cut and buff a chance to go off faster, and replaced Cochin for Bjorn at left flank for his damage.

tournament3

3 Likes

Think ill go with this.

1 Like

Maybe swap Mnesseus and Bane?

Dispel first (any defence buffs) and blind typically goes on the right where firing order doesn’t matter.

Otherwise, should do pretty well I would think.

1 Like

Out of interest… Why Jarvur firing first and Mnesseus last?

I’d want the dispeller on the left (specials on defence fire left to right if more than one is ready on the same turn).

2 Likes

Yeah that would make more sense, it was more colour orientation I was thinking as people gonna bring blue and blue weak against blue and green.

1 Like

Yea… That does make sense, but dispel and cleanse for any attackers defence buffs or attack debuffs on you would make sense too.

Up to you, just putting the thought out there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I considered doing this since Kvasir has really high HP (915) despite mediocre def (424). Was thinking of something like:
Agnes - Bjorn - Kvasir - Bjorn - Agnes

Or a rainbow mana control defense:

Agnes - C.Azar - C.Carver - C.Karil - C.Balthazar

I’m not sure if having heroes who do minor DoT like C.Karil or C.Balthazar is any good. Maybe I’ll switch out C.Karil for Gato and use Balthazar+CB instead.

1 Like

How would you attack each of those options?

If attacking the yurple defense, I would probably bring 4-1 purple stack with Kvasir or mono purple.

If attacking the rainbow mana control DoT def, then I would probably do 4-1 red stack with Kvasir.

1 Like

Which would you feel more confident of winning, on attack?

Which would hurt you more if you got a bad board?

Obviously the strength of yurple is that it punishes you for stacking strong against the tank or for stacking strong against the flanks… a really good yurple forces you to take risks or roll neutral.

Attacking hat on:

• You don’t really want to be firing purple tiles into Bjorn’s because they’ll shred you - weak tiles ain’t taking them out fast, so you’re relying on your own Bjorn (which you can’t aim the harder hit on) or your Balthazar, etc to get the job done quickly with specials… Risky.
  • You don’t really want to be firing yellow tiles into Kvasir because once he gets going, your own Kvasir can’t do anything… You’d be taking a big chance on your own Kvasir firing first. Even after that, those Bjorn’s are going to hit your holies even harder if the board isn’t good enough to get them out of there quickly!
  • I could potentially 3-2 by using my Kvasir and two Pixies but it’s very, very risky… If I get a good board I’ll win… But if I don’t, I’m toast (and good defences punish bad boards, of course!)

That makes me think I could easily wind up going neutral with RGB…
And now I really do need a good board to avoid Kvasir getting started and to avoid getting Bjorned to death, don’t I?
(FWIW if I did this, I’d probably bring Brienne, cBrienne and some AoE like Chick Jr, Carver, Bauchan, etc - get beserk up to take advantage of minion scatterfire and defence debuff so I can hopefully wipe you in one go!).

As for the mana control defence… I can bring my Kvasir against that, and I can bring other fast heroes that will help get through it quickly (Namahage, Rudolph, etc).

It’s much more boring and normal - it’s well constructed to hamper attackers, but it takes less thought to put a team together to attack it… I like making people think :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

2nd draft…

Good point! Thanks for spotting that Bubbles, I forgot Mnesseus even dispelled! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Hey buddy, where can I see a list of the top 10 def from last time this was the RT?

Jump or scroll up to post #62

2 Likes

Lol yeah I saw that seconds after I posted it. Thanks.

2 Likes

Looks pretty good to me :slight_smile:

Maybe consider using costume version of Brienne?
Thought being that cleansers are rarer than dispellers at 3*… Plus minions from Kvasir are great for notching up the debuff.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

(Only reason I suggest this is based on using Athena with minions in attack - it can be really effective and I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on defence).

1 Like

Well, ok I also thinking to switch it, but anyway you make me more comfort to switch thanks :+1:
so 3rd draft…

1 Like

Bauchan is best tank for this tournament imo. Do you have any other purple hitters besides Tyrum? I would use Balthazar or Guardian Bat in place of Tyrum if you have.

1 Like

Tyrum dispels as well as hits, so that could potentially be useful…

Some people are big on running dispellers and if you are then they want to be left wing or flank.
(I’m generally not, it’s not so difficult to work around on attack).

1 Like