⚔ [18 Sep, 2022] - 178th Raid Tournament - 3* Buff Booster, No Fire/Red

The 2 Healers + Slayers attack seems to be working. Went with Faiez - Maeve - Rekhetre - Noril - Noril in 4 of the matches, and a Faiez - Maeve - Rekhetre - Aqeela - Maeve team in the first match against a Whacker tank flanked by cKvasir and Poppy.

Boards were ok, and in a couple of the matches I lost a Noril, but once either of the S5 heroes gave a boost, I felt like I was in no danger of losing. Just had to be a bit careful with the tiles to avoid cascades. The Slayers with stacks + buffs on them do quite a bit of damage with their specials and tiles.

Defense wasn’t attacked on Day 1 and has lost 1 today so looks like will have to keep winning on offense.

Day Offense Defense Score Def Score Total
1 5-0 0-0 (C) 2816 500 3316
2 10-0 0-1 (E) 6122 6122

Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

O: 8-2 (4-1, 4-1)
D: 0-0 (C)

So last 2 tournaments I get attacked over 10 times and now 0-0 still? Oh well… Offensively I’ve been using 3-1-1 or 3-2 and Rekhetre with Faiez very often, but also C Kvasir which can block status buffs.

I had 1 very close loose against Faiez tank defense.

And big fat 0 against very passive front 3 defense - Gnomer, Faiez, Dolgoon, Dawn, Whacker. I literally charged none of my greens and opponents snipes on wings got off twice, but what can I do when I couldn’t charge my greens? I took both cleanse, dispel to counter Dolgoon and Kvasir to block Dawn’s minions, but I didn’t even charge him before Dawn got off LoL. I got 3 measly green tiles in like 15-20 combos there. Ridiculous board to say at least. My team was C Tyrum, CB Kvasir, C Ishhtak, CB Mnesseus and Faiez. Yeah I felt like I need to take counters and only 1 healer, didn’t matter at all, even with 2 healers I wouldn’t do anything there.

4 Likes

Day 2 (for real this time :laughing:):

O: 3-2 (7-3)
D: 0-4

1 loss right off the bat because i forgot that i switched Brienne into costume for a titan. oops. not a zero though. But i did get a big fat zero against a Dolgoon tank because of an incredibly bad board. so bad wing Treevil went off and that’s what killed me and i never came close to getting anyone charged. ‘nuff said.

D? still bad. oh well. currently in 25% with 4209 points, rank 149601.

looks to be another short week for me. :sweat_smile: good luck on day 3 everyone!

3 Likes

Did today’s attacks very early this morning, about 10 minutes after the battle day started. I ended up in the top 1%, rank 249, after finishing my five attacks. Currently in top 5%.

Offense 7-3… lost to two teams with a Treevil and one with 3 Poppys. I forgot to switch C-Bane for C-Balthazar before I started that attack on the Poppys. Otherwise, I attack with Frosty-Belith(costume bonus)-C-Brienne-Gunnar , then Bane or Balthazar (depending on the defense). In the three losses, no goose eggs (zeroes).

Defense 2-1… for now, this defense is boosting my score and rank. I used Belith and C-Brienne on the left, Bane and Balthazar on the right, and my challenge festival pull Shrubbear as my tank. He worked well in the last challenge event , and hopefully continues to give me good defensive marks.

To summarize, 7-3 offense with defensive A the first day. I have this feeling I will be attacked more, though. Guess we’ll see.

(All heroes above are emblemed, LB’ed, and costumed or costume bonus. Except no costume for Gunnar, Frosty, or Shrubbear.)

So overall, I’m pretty optimistic.

Best of luck on Battle Day 3, everyone!

4 Likes

Day 1 -
O: 5-0
D: 3-2

I think I was just blessed by the tournament gods yesterday, because I wasn’t that impressed with my own performance. I clearly had the boards, and I clearly faced some meh teams (one had cBelith as its only buff hero, which made her dispel immunity a complete waste).

Despite the 5-0, yesterday made me realize Shrubbear just isn’t that effective on offense. I want to say he didn’t fire off once in all five matches. I guess that’s a good sign the rest of the team is well balanced, but it makes him a bit of a waste.

4 Likes

Day 2

O : 5-0 (10-0)

Finally, I go with Faize + Rekhetre + Kvasir + 2 other heroes in all attack. 2 other heroes is depend on enemy team. The board is average to pretty good today.

Face this team in first attack

Go with Faize + Rekhetre + Kvasir + Mnesseus + C Brienne. The start board is pretty bad but turn quickly. However, enemy Dolgoon + C Belith make me unable to kill anyone since can’t can’t dispell the share damage. When I manage to kill them, enemy Gramp bring both them back :joy:. Go to the overtimes but still win without dangerous. I think I should bring Joukahainen against that team :sweat_smile:.

After that face many passive tank including Faiez tank, so I bring x2 Joukahainen. They work well :slightly_smiling_face:.

Only one attack against non-passive tank in 4th attack. It is Joukahainen tank defense. I test my Para when is used in the first time for this time :sweat_smile:. I emblem and LB him few month after he is released but I never have s chance to use him. And now, Faize and Rekhetre seem to make him obsolete :sweat_smile:. Para is ok. Atk down is useful but he is still not as great as Faize and Rekhetre :sweat_smile:.

D : 65.7% (30+)

Oh, my defense get so many attack. This is the first times my defense get these many attack in 3* tournament. Anyway, it is ok as long as I get A grade :sweat_smile:.

4 Likes

Summarizing the first two days

O: 8-2 (one defeat each day)

D: 21-9 (A grade)

I think I’ve never seen my defense have so many attacks against it

The offense team is always Faiez along four other heroes. Most of time it was Noril, Dawn, Faiez, Juka and Noril

Hope not lose until Saturday

Good luck everyone

4 Likes

I think literally ALL teams I fought had a Rek (holy healer) in the right wing.
Most had a Faiez too.

Day 2:
O: 10-0
D: 8-5

I tried out the Rek-Faiez combo and holy bajeebus. It’s not even the massive healing synergy, but both also have that passive with 60+% chance to cleanse everyone? Jouk doesn’t stand a chance.

4 Likes

Really. Could you post a picture ? How does that happen ? I totally have no idea why that many people put Rekhetre at right wing :smile:.

Actually they seem to be right wing and right flank.
Today I got destroyed by Noril’s haha

I am out

Day 1
O: 4-1
D: 2-0

Day 2
O: 4-1
D: 1-0

Day 3
O: 2-1
D: 0-0

Overall
O: 10-4
D: 3-0 (A, A, A)
Score: 7,630

4 Likes

O : 11-4 (4-1, 4-1, 3-2)

D: - 1-0 (C,C,A)

I’m mad not gonna lie, quite mad. The boards I’m getting this tourney, ridiculous. Another defense with completely passive heroes except Jing on right wing. The defense was Faiez, C Kvasir, By Ulf, C Kvasir, Jing… I took C Tyrum, CB Balthazar, Aderyn, CB Mnesseus, Grevle. Maybe I should’ve taken 2 cleanse but with this crapboard wouldn’t matter. I thought about CB Kvasir, but idk… a yellow hero against 2 yellow flanks… He would probably stop all the minions, but how am I supposed to know the board is gonna be THAT awful.
Green and purple hard to find, I didn’t even charge Balth or Aderyn ONCE. Jing targeting the poor nun first, of course one of my healers… She was dead not long after because of poison from Kvasir’s minions. I finally charged C Tyrum first time after Balth and Aderyn are both DEAD. I HARDLY killed tank and both C Kvasirs, but I could already do nothing afterwards, others kept slowly dying because of poison and Jing, I obviously couldn’t charge anyone.

Second loose against - Jarif, Aqeela, Grevle, Poppy, Noril. I took same team except changed C Tyrum into CB Tyrum. What do you know, I never charged Aderyn AGAIN. And first heroes that got charged are targeting her right away again! What do they all have against this poor nun…
I killed the right side without any problems. But what happened after? Try to guess. Everyone in my offense team alive except Aderyn and only Jarif, Aqeela left, shoulld be easy, right? Jokes on you the board got dry under the dead heroes and all I could do is dump tiles RIGHT into Aqeela and Jarif. And couldn’t do absolutely nothing about it. They kept charging and they killed everyone, I charged no one during that predicament.

2 looses for 285–286 points like my first loose. Means that 2 hoeres were left to kill when I lost. And I stupidly continued, shouldn’t have. I mean top 5% would be ok too, but if this tourney is gonna continue like this, it’s not even gonna be top 5%… Oh and my defense finally got attacked, yay, amazing. This tournament sucks.

4 Likes

Much tougher battles today and had to mix up the attack teams a bit, though Faiez and Rekhetre were still the backbone throughout.

First up was an all mono-Green team of Whacker - cCarver - Dolgoon - cIsshtak - Gnomer. Opted for a speedier Purple stack with Maeve - Aqeela - cTyrum joining Faiez and Rekhetre. Preferred cTyrum’s cleanse to regular dispel because I fear Dolgoon’s 2nd charge def down more. Dolgoon did fire his 2nd charge but I got cTyrum to cleanse and won it without losing any hero.

The toughest match was the 4th one against a Faiez - Budatin - Aqeela - Treevil - Soroca defense. Countered with Faiez - Aqeela - Rekhetre - Sally - Poppy. Starting board was bad and the opposing Aqeela fired first. Just when I got the yellow tiles to kill the tank and charge my heroes, a big cascade into Treevil and he killed both Sally and Poppy. With only Aqeela left as a damage dealer, still could kill the tree with tiles, but Faiez + 2 Gargoyles and their stoneskins were hard to finish off. The match went into overtime and had to patiently pick off Budatin, then Soroca, before finally killing off Faiez with 3:20 left on the clock on Turn 56.

Defense has won 4 in a row including 2 on Day 2 to go to 4-1

2 10-0 2-1 (A) 6122 900 7022
3 15-0 4-1 (A) 9820 9820

Good luck everyone in getting past Day 3!

6 Likes

Day 3:

yep, very short week for me, out in the first one today. should have brought Jouk because of Dolgoon, but i didn’t and was able to make a blue diamond right away, probably would have won if i had. oh well, D was terrible, at 0-5. on to the next one! good luck on your last battles and your loot everyone!

5 Likes

Only thing is that versus green heroes, Jouk’s debuff is uncleansable and lasts two turns longer. So Faiez and Rekh can’t cleanse Faiez or his green buddies

Day 3

O : 3-2 (13-2)

Go with same tactic. Get 3 good board in first 3 attack. And then my luck seem to be end :joy:. Lose 2 in 2 last attack.

4th attack against this team.

Go with Faiez - Rekhetre - Kvasir - Para - Joukahainen. The start board is full of red and blue. And enemy Noril target my Faiez and Joukahainen. He fire 3 times and all hit my Faiez and Joukahainen and kill both of them before I kill him. Without Joukahainen, I can’t kill any of them with moderate board and lose in overtimes. I think I will win if I take Helo instead of Para.

5th attack against this team.

Go with Faiez - Rekhetre - Kvasir - Helo - Joukahainen. The start board is full of blue but suddenly turn to full of purple and red and have few move left. Noting seem to be dangerous until enemy Dawn at wing fire. Dawn at wing doesn’t seem to be dangerous. I kill the minion on enemy Aqeela, so there is only 1 Dawn minion. But that 1 minion really make me lose. It manage to mana cut my heroes that is about to fire 7 of 10 times. It is like get x7 of 20% chance in 10 gambling. That is 0.0229376% chance. Because of that, everything delay and enemy Dawn fire again which make everything worse. And then the board have only 1 move left every turn. I can’t charge anyone and slowly die from slash. So, :frowning_face:

I think 3* tournament getting harder when S5 come. Faiez seem to make defense stronger than offense.

D : 68.7% (30+)

Defense hold strong in A grade. I think Faiez tank really cause problem in this tournament :smile:.

3 Likes

Tough battles continue in Day 4. S5 + Slayers are a tough nut to crack.

Bid for perfection ended quickly in the 2nd match of the day. Faced the same Faiez - Aqeela - Noril - Rekhetre - Grevle team that @u2371 took on yesterday. Attacked with Faiez - Maeve - Rekhetre - Noril - Noril. His Noril and Aqeela fired multiple times and killed both of mine before they could even get charged. Would have been a zero if not for a cascade that killed the tank.

2nd loss came in the last match vs a Candy - Maeve - Faiez - Joukahainen - Noril team. Same attack team and similar results though this time I managed to kill 2 of the opponents.

Defense has kept improving to 7-2 now so at least still in a good position for top 1%. Just hope I won’t need to buy back

2 10-0 2-1 (A) 6122 900 7022
3 15-0 6-2 (A) 9820 900 10720
4 18-2 7-2 (A) 12680 12680

Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Day 4

O : 1-2 (14-4)

Go with same tactic the board is bad today. For some reason, enemy target my Joukahainen first in every attack.

1st attack is average board against Dolgoon tank. Lose Joukahainen right after I kill Dolgoon tank but still win since I don’t need him anymore :sweat_smile:.

Lose in 2nd attack against this team

Go with Faiez - Rekhetre - Kvasir - CB Belith - Joukahainen. The board is full of red and purple. I lose my Joukahainen and then the board is full of blue. Even I kill the tank, with only few yellow or green, there is no much thing I can do. I lose Faiez and Kvasir before the board turn. 2 vs 4 don’t go well as the board keep give me red and purple. Manage to kill right flank and wing before I lose.

Lose again in 3rd attack against this team

It is the exact defense I want to use if I can max my Maeve and Noril :joy:.

Go with same team as 2nd attack. The board is full of red and purple but turn in few turn. However, the big cascade of red and purple charge enemy Faiez and Joukahainen and they fire right before I can charge my yellow. Enemy Joukahainen block my Rekhetre and enemy Faiez block my Kvasir. Then other 3 enemy fire. I lose Joukahainen and Faiez. And then lose Kvasir from the slash in the next turn. However, when I am about to lose with 0. The big cascade of green and yellow come and kill tank and both flank. So, it isn’t 0 :joy:.

The is the end. I am not gonna buy back. There is no much different between top 5% and top 1% loot on average.

D : 67.0% (30+)

3 Likes

Day 3:
O: 14-1
D: 11-7

Finally got my first loss on offense against Jouk-Faiez-Noril-Faiez-Maeve. That double overheal was brutal, and I just had absolutely no answer for this team. I can’t even blame the boards.

Defense is right on the line. I’ve been straddling 60% all week and it’s nerve-racking.

4 Likes

Oh my!

7 Likes